iFollow violating Terms and Conditions on monthly renewals - Be aware | Page 2 | Vital Football

iFollow violating Terms and Conditions on monthly renewals - Be aware

I've read the T&Cs LA, and I'm afraid this boils down to your interpretation of a "planned change" against theirs, as well as your interpretation of redundancy. I'm sorry that they're not the best company to deal. Cancel your subscription now, and know next time. The instructions on how to do so are in the T&Cs.

As with probably many disputes of this nature I believe you are correct JB, it does boil down to differing interpretations of language - in this case a "planned change" and "redundancy". I think mine is the correct interpretation, but others can decide for themselves.

The subscription has been cancelled, but I felt it warranted to let other fans know about this, and as I said in an earlier post I'm tired of football fans being shafted simply because we can be.

I'm lucky to be in a position in my life where a lost monthly subscription is not a significant financial hit, but the principle of this matter got under my skin.

I am surprised you were not reimbursed... the email i sent to cancel i just said "i was very disappointed that i had been charged for a period with no games'... and i got an immediate response cancelling and reimbursing my 20 quid.... maybe there is a time frame you can do it.

I am surprised you were not reimbursed... the email i sent to cancel i just said "i was very disappointed that i had been charged for a period with no games'... and i got an immediate response cancelling and reimbursing my 20 quid.... maybe there is a time frame you can do it.

I think they are being a bit pissy because earlier in the season they charged me for an FA Cup game and I had no access due to international broadcasting rights. When I asked for a refund they began to say it was user error, browser refreshing, etc. When I asked if it was because of international rights, and that if this was the case they shouldn't have taken my money to begin with, they refunded. Their inconsistency on this particular issue speaks further to their dodgy business practices.

The latest situation has the customer support contradicting themselves saying that because this was in the summer and was known in advance they don't have to notify anyone. Meanwhile their T&C explicitly state:

"significant planned changes to iFollow and/or these Terms, you will be provided with reasonable notice of the planned change"

So how they can claim because something is known they don't have to notify, while simultaneously stating "planned" changes will produce notice of the planned changes, is beyond me. Really shady behavior, simply because they know fans will not resubscribe.
There haven't been any significant changed though,?just no games, the same at the end of every season. Think you just need to cancel at the end of May and resubscribe in August.
I'm not sure what you expect the club to do, it's just a bit of personal housekeeping.

There haven't been any significant changed though,?just no games, the same at the end of every season. Think you just need to cancel at the end of May and resubscribe in August.
I'm not sure what you expect the club to do, it's just a bit of personal housekeeping.

If you think that no matches in a given month, when the primary purpose of the monthly subscription is to watch live matches, is not a "change" we have different definitions of the word "change".

The club may not be in a position to do anything, but I think as fans we should speak up when we are taken advantage of, and at the very least publicly embarrass the business that treats us this way.

Can you think of any other monthly subscription service where you are expected to pay when the primary feature is removed for the next month? Would you pay a monthly gym membership if they removed access to the gym for two months?

If you think that no matches in a given month, when the primary purpose of the monthly subscription is to watch live matches, is not a "change" we have different definitions of the word "change".

The club may not be in a position to do anything, but I think as fans we should speak up when we are taken advantage of, and at the very least publicly embarrass the business that treats us this way.

Can you think of any other monthly subscription service where you are expected to pay when the primary feature is removed for the next month? Would you pay a monthly gym membership if they removed access to the gym for two months?
"Change" would be price increase or use of a different platform etc. I've had a look at the T&C's and I can't see what they've done wrong (I agree there's no games at that time of year but that's the same as any season) if you signed up to a rolling subscription then unfortunately you needed to cancel your subscription and then resubscribe at the start of the new season.

But yes, let's agree to disagree.

A quick update for those that have contributed to this thread. This morning I received a refund after my emails were further reviewed. In addition, it appears that the club were able to connect with iFollow and advocate on my behalf.

I am pleased that this ended well and I am very grateful that we support a club who care about the fans when situations like this occur. In the grand scheme of things, my monthly charge is clearly not a big deal, but knowing that the club pays attention to the small things that fans endure makes supporting LCFC so enjoyable.

i must say in regard to annual renewal they are very good i always get a email 2 weeks before its due and giving me time to cancel

And just an update from me, they have cancelled the recurring monthly payment (as they should, but didn't last time out). Some improvement, from my point of view, at least.

And just an update from me, they have cancelled the recurring monthly payment (as they should, but didn't last time out). Some improvement, from my point of view, at least.

Pleased to hear that GoBC. I think as consumers we just have to be vocal and respectful. There are options to stream matches that screw over the company and the club. They are not options I consider but on matters like this I do expect businesses to respect loyal customers, then I will continue to fork over my hard-earned, like most people.

Pleased to hear that GoBC. I think as consumers we just have to be vocal and respectful. There are options to stream matches that screw over the company and the club. They are not options I consider but on matters like this I do expect businesses to respect loyal customers, then I will continue to fork over my hard-earned, like most people.

Ifollow's customer service has always been terrible, regularly making it up as they go along with respect to the implementation of their policies...

Oh ffs mate! You know when the season ends, just stop the sub. Better still get an annual sub. 140 quid.
The club gets the lions share, (whatever that is) 70 or 80% and it is great value if you can't be there. (whatever it's shortcomings).