• Cardiff

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • Fulham

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

col8

Vital Football Legend
Just curious to gauge peoples opinions on this one...............

If it went to us and one of the two teams above us in a play off final who would you prefer?

Both are tough sides and I fancy us to beat either on the big day (assuming we get that far). Fulham would be a better game but this one is all about winning and Cardiff have a weaker squad so I'd rather we played them.

Cardiff need 2 more wins to go up and play
Derby (a)
Hull (a)
Reading (h)

Fulham have 2 games left

Sunderland (h)
Small Heath (A)

We have
Derby (h)
Millwall (a)

You would say Fulham will get 6 points , Cardiff have tricky games v Derby and Hull . Hull have picked up lately and got some good form.

I honestly couldn’t pick between them as both would be equally tough for different reasons.

Even now it is a toss of a coin who will go up as they have both been superb and consistent.

Whoever we play we will have to be at our best or we may not make the final, let alone win it. It's "gonna be emotional" as they say.

I honestly couldn’t pick between them as both would be equally tough for different reasons.

Even now it is a toss of a coin who will go up as they have both been superb and consistent.

Yes but the reasons why Cardiff are tough are the reasons why the play-offs might not suit them.

Fulham is probably a question of withstanding the pressure of the moment.

I am looking at this as a mental thing, you've one team who have gone 22 games unbeaten and it'll likely be 24 and that still might not be good enough. Cardiff have had 2nd sewn up for so long and at the final hurdle they might falter. What is the mentality going to be like for either of those sides coming into the playoff?

We just havent done enough and for us to not finish second isnt some earth shattering disappointment like it would be for those two.

Perhaps before we speculate who we'd like to play in the final....we ought to focus on getting through the first tie.....:eek!: As with all things Villa we can never count our chickens can we?! However as we're all eternal optimists we're bound to win the first tie aren't we....Fulham or Cardiff will also lose theirs.....so it's neither Cardiff or Fulham for me....I vote for Derby County please!

Bit of a no brainer. We don't want to be playing the second best team in the final so it has to be Cardiff. However, we ain't got to the final yet

Probably Cardiff but in my mind we have to be capable of beating anyone so there is no use worrying about who we could play in the final. We actually have to get there first anyway, looks like it could be Middlesbrough who will be a tough game especially with Traore in top form

Cardiff, every time. What worries me more is the strong possibility of Middlesborough in the semi-final.
Pullis will have them very organised and they wouldnt be a pushover.

Yes. Was just about to post exactly the same thing. Pulis, Adama in top form. Looks like we will be playing Boro and it worries me. More so than Millwall or Derby.

Yes Boro worry me as well , they spent a hell of a lot in the summer and have some players who under Pullis are starting to gel .
We have some good players too but it's a free hit for Boro , it's last chance saloon for us . We'll have no money next season and half the squad are either out of contract or not ours anyway . We must go up .

Cardiff as all we have to do is stand tall and battle and our superior skill should win it

At any stage of the play offs i fancy us against
Cardiff, Barcelona City, Sheff utd , Millwall.

I dont fancy us against Fulham at any stage

I don't fancy us against Boro over two legs but would fancy us against them in the final .

I just have this horrble feeling with football being football that after contributing to The Obsessed being relegated Pulis will replace them in the greed league.

On our day we can beat the best. Look how we destroyed the dingles.

If we play like that we will beat any of them.

Comon you lions.

On our day we can beat the best. Look how we destroyed the dingles.

If we play like that we will beat any of them.

Comon you lions.

Agree, we can beat anyone in this league on our day. My worry is that also we have days where we can have a complete stinker like Norwich or Bolton or Brentford away . These have happened too often this season for me to not have a nagging doubt about bolloxing it up in the semi final. Key will be getting through the away leg still in the tie. Even with one goal deficit I would fancy us to overturn it at VP