If this matters anymore, what’s | Vital Football

If this matters anymore, what’s

Mouldybluecheese

Vital Reserves Team
The best results for us tonight ? I’ve not got a clue now ! But would love it if we still had a chance against Donny for that last playoff place tho 😃

If we were to win our last two games we'd actually deserve to be in the play offs.

As that means we'd have beaten two of the form teams I reckon we'd have a pretty good chance of making it to Wembley and winning there too.

Sadly, I fear that the damage has already been done and that winning those last two games won't be enough. It'll be really gutting to beat Doncaster and find that we've missed out by 1 point or ,worse still, on goal difference!

If we were to win our last two games we'd actually deserve to be in the play offs.

As that means we'd have beaten two of the form teams I reckon we'd have a pretty good chance of making it to Wembley and winning there too.

Sadly, I fear that the damage has already been done and that winning those last two games won't be enough. It'll be really gutting to beat Doncaster and find that we've missed out by 1 point or ,worse still, on goal difference!

Was chatting to Molly Malone about this she said she was willing a win for Barrow.

Mansfield 2 up, Stockport 4-1 up, think we can safely say Mansfield are up and can't win the title, so have nothing to play for on Saturday.

Crawley have just equalised with a penalty

Forest Green finally relegated to the Nat League as well.
Sorry for their fans.
Not so much for their owner.

It would be nice if all the other games aligned in our favour for a change instead of conspiring to go against us as what feels like usual. But even if we do everything right and still miss out, the 3 game winning streak that would require would be the kind of consistency missing all season and set up next one on a positive note.

I've just had look at the form table for the last 12 games.

With Crewe only getting 13 points and Barrow only getting 15 points out of 36 I think they'll be look over their shoulders at the likes of Doncaster (an incredible 31) Crawley (20) and Walsall (20).

Realistically there's 5 teams chasing 3 spots.

I can't see all 5 falling away enough to give us any hope - even IF we win our last two games.

4 wins, 4 draws and 4 losses giving us just 16 points from our last 12 games simply wasn't good enough. Roll on 2024/2025.