IF Harry | Vital Football

IF Harry

The fans who single Maguire out for constant jeering are know nowt wankers who get all their opinions from Football Twitter.

Kin ell! wiv ad some reight Donkeys play fer England over the years,Maurice Norman, Piggy Swan n the Arsenal Eee Awww ta name a few. Compared ta that bag o shite owd Arry iz streets ahead, shirt fronts need ta get ta Specsavers!

Best footballing centre half beyond doubt in my lifetime was the Great Blade Joe Shaw, recognised by everyone in the game as the Best. Guess it dunt do to be a skillful footballer and get picked for England!
My dear owd departed DAD always used to tell me how good Joe Shaw was,i saw Joe play but it was at the back end of his career.My DAD said Joe was the greatest uncapped player he'd ever seen,he also used to rave about the tragic Busby Babe Duncan Edwards and said he was magnificent. UTB

Duncan Edwards was a youth who was a Giant among men, a complete one off who was tragically taken before his time. The mind boggles at just how great he would have been had he sadly not died. The Busby Babes were legend with Tommy Taylor and David Pegg South Yorkshire Barnsley lads. I was playing footy in the street when news of the tragedy broke, football supporters of all denominations united in grief. I remember hearing an interview with the great Bobby Charlton who said as a youth called up to do National Service, Duncan Edwards a bit older and serving in the same unit took Bobby under his wing, taught him the ropes and looked after him. Duncan Edwards a brilliant footballer and a giant both in stature, ability and character!

Everybody of a certain generation raves about Duncan Edwards. It's obvious he was special. Would really like to see proper footage of him.

Another brill footy player from yeteryear was a Taff, John Charles, he,s right up there with the best, a goal scoring Centre Half/Forward. Built like a brick shithouse.