IEC MESSAGE | Page 3 | Vital Football

IEC MESSAGE

It's going to be a very very scary time if we get relegated that's for sure!

It's going to be a very very scary time if we get relegated that's for sure!

I think it's going to be scary even if we don't, but relegation will obviously be much worse.

Even if we weren't having to pay the owners all the money and interest they are after we'd still need to probably sell a few and cut back significantly on the wage bill to keep the clubs finances from spiralling further. So it's not going to be pretty.

The ones who said these were good for us gone missing Said from day one these men would fleece us They had not got a clue what they were buying. They thought we would get back in the prem. Whelan just wanted to get shut all that bull about not selling. To don’t care.

The ones who said these were good for us gone missing Said from day one these men would fleece us They had not got a clue what they were buying. They thought we would get back in the prem. Whelan just wanted to get shut all that bull about not selling. To don’t care.

To be fair I don't know if anyone was saying these guys looked great on paper and were destined to get us promoted. Whelan wanted out and they were the only option on the table, they said the right things about the pitch, academy, scouting etc - so nothing wrong with giving the benefit of the doubt.

Credit to them for finally sorted the pitch and academy it was a good start, but the ever changing finances of the deal are really not in the clubs favour.

Always thought it was a strange set up. Never seen at the matches. Never really comment on any thing football wise. Yes put some funds into. Youth set up or is the Brentford way to go the best.

One line i picked out from this article directors were paid £339k compared to only £98k in 2018 as the new owners paid well.

How many directors do we have? That is a hell of a lot of money for people who don't seem to ever be involved in anything.

Directors Kevin Roberts, Dr Michelle Chen, Chi Wai Lee, Wing Lam Leung, and Cheung Tat Man have stepped down from the board, following completion of the deal.

Here is one article and not worded in the same way as the 'other' document.
https://financialfootballnews.com/wigan-athletic-fcs-2019-finances-changing-of-guard/
There’s nothing in that piece which comes as a surprise, we all know we make a significant loss every season.
Having not read the other mysterious article there are two possible scenarios for me:
1) Either the financial muscle behind our owners is more significant than we realise and they are prepared to swallow these losses for now as we are one really good season away from the promised land and have an academy which is outperforming many other larger clubs.
2) Mr Choi is a gambler, as we know, and he came in thinking we could have that one good season, much like Sheffield United, and get back to the promised land. However as that hasn’t happened he could effectively asset strip the club to try and get his money back.

For me, I think the riches are just too great to have such a short-term vision and there must have been a strategy in place involving the academy and a steady improvement on the field of play, otherwise why bother? Seems like a lot of hassle for a short term view and why bring the Royles on board? Darren Royle is not going to want to be associated with a failed project like that after spending two years talking about the strategy and the investment in youth. Something doesn’t add up. Are the new owners quiet because of the fact China doesn’t like its money being spent abroad? Is the new loan and interest a smokescreen to allow them to plough more money into the club?
I haven’t the faintest idea, but something doesn’t add up and there must be more going on behind the scenes we are not aware of. If not and the conspiracy theories are true then we’ll have to wait for own homegrown rich super fan to rescue us when we’re back in the Conference promising to get us back in the Premier League in 10 years while playing the latest version of Championship Manager to help him recruit players!

There’s nothing in that piece which comes as a surprise, we all know we make a significant loss every season.
Having not read the other mysterious article there are two possible scenarios for me:
1) Either the financial muscle behind our owners is more significant than we realise and they are prepared to swallow these losses for now as we are one really good season away from the promised land and have an academy which is outperforming many other larger clubs.
2) Mr Choi is a gambler, as we know, and he came in thinking we could have that one good season, much like Sheffield United, and get back to the promised land. However as that hasn’t happened he could effectively asset strip the club to try and get his money back.

For me, I think the riches are just too great to have such a short-term vision and there must have been a strategy in place involving the academy and a steady improvement on the field of play, otherwise why bother? Seems like a lot of hassle for a short term view and why bring the Royles on board? Darren Royle is not going to want to be associated with a failed project like that after spending two years talking about the strategy and the investment in youth. Something doesn’t add up. Are the new owners quiet because of the fact China doesn’t like its money being spent abroad? Is the new loan and interest a smokescreen to allow them to plough more money into the club?
I haven’t the faintest idea, but something doesn’t add up and there must be more going on behind the scenes we are not aware of. If not and the conspiracy theories are true then we’ll have to wait for own homegrown rich super fan to rescue us when we’re back in the Conference promising to get us back in the Premier League in 10 years while playing the latest version of Championship Manager to help him recruit players!

DM me and I'll send the article so you can read it for yourself.