I sent this to McInnes on Tuesday night | Vital Football

I sent this to McInnes on Tuesday night

stubbsy007

Vital Reserves Team
I know I will probably get abuse here and be told I'm negative etc, but I am genuinely worried about the future of Portsmouth Football Club.

Below is the email I sent to Iain, some of it is a bit flippant but so what, he is a businessman and should be thick skinned.

Iain,

You and your band of merry men may have saved the club from extinction but that's all. Since your Board took up their posts you have sat and watched as we slide towards Conference football. That's as good as killing the club.

You may enjoy traveling the country lording it up in the hospitality lounges, you may think we like the fact that your have had the toilets at FP painted along with other pointless changes. However, I see very little change on the footballing side and I'm not alone.

The appointment of Mr Barker was a terrible one, his tactics are poor. So poor that every time our keeper has the ball in his hands, rather than throw it to a Portsmouth player and we work the ball forward, he just boots the ball up field and we have to try and win it back. That, Mr Innes, is village football; however seeing that the Board has done very little to halt our footballing demise, I doubt these little things bother you or you any of you actual notice.

You are not the Messiah, you and your Board need to stop swanning around and concentrate on sorting this club out before its too late and you've ruined it.

I hope you have a succession plan in place for Mr Barker, if you keep him and we are buried.

Regards,

(name removed to protect myself from forum abuse :17: )
PS. Bury that ego and change the picture on your page in the matchday magazine.

Well stubbsy, at least RB has been sacked...

A decision that HAD to be made with more and more of the opinion he had to - so they acted.

Very, very much doubt they wanted this but that is surely a real tough decision to make, emotionally and financially so will the board now be praised or go at?

Not having a go at you personally, more a general thought.

Do think that some thoughts are perhaps a little harsh and still think that run as we are, by those that are, is the way forward - not convinced that Catlin will be willing/able to have a future going forward tho mind?

The bit about the tactic of CArson kicking all the time is interesting.

I thought he wanted to throw it out but the players around him were not interested or incapable of passing (Devera of N'Gala) so with just six seconds allowed he had to kick it!!

I do like the bit about the lording it up in hospitality lounges - That is too true I believe from my contacts at the club. Nearly as much Champagne drunk as in the Gregory era I have heard!!

You may have saved the club from extinction but that's all. Had to laugh at that bit. Was it tongue in cheek ?

Fair enough I have felt Caitlin has had too much say in RB staying as we should have got rid a couple of games ago, once the player slagging went public.

One thing, I have enjoyed Mcinnes's champagne once up the park and he bought all of it

Taking on RB was a huge mistake which should have benn rectified earlier, but RB aside I think the Board have done a reasonable job, in very difficult circumstances.

I personally don't see what the board have done that is so wrong.

Guy was an emotional mistake.

RB had a "reasonable" CV, and surely nobody would have expected this outcome. Maybe they were led too easily by Catlin, but as a board with almost no football experience, you would naturally turn to someone with more experience. Also they consulted a number of big names in the game & they gave a thumbs up.

They have admitted they got it wrong & made the change, rather than hanging on just to save face.

I'm not sure what else they should have done?

Good responses, I will pen some replies when I get online. It's too troublesome on my phone. Iain has thanked me for my advice......

Rug - I think Catlin should either be relived of his duties or resign.

Eastneydave - It does seem the Board are losing focus that to be a successful club you have to win on the pitch. Carson has plenty of time to distribute the ball but seems to wait until everyone buggers off up field.

Biscuit - bit tongue in cheek but also partly true :)

Jimmsithswig- Catlin should go, Barker was a terrible appointment. So McInnes bought all the bubbly - hence my comment about them 'lording it up'.

mslorna48 - Agreed, Barker was no where near the calibre of Manager we needed.

Pompeytim - You can't see what the Board has done wrong? How about drinking champagne off the pitch whilst on it we have been terrible? Binning Barker should have been done earlier but maybe some fans are happy if the Board take us into the Conference?

I don't get this preoccupation about drinking Champagne in the boardroom stubbsy. It happens at every club across the country.

If they are rude to staff or such like that's different.

They've made 2 bad choices for manager granted. Man utd made loads before ferguson. That may have made another one in moyes.

Of course I don't want to see us drop further but I don't see that these appointments were made deliberately to crock us. Remember the HNW gain more if we are successful.

Stubbsy, you seem to have some odd issues with the board, what is really the problem here? 3 games ago would have been the very first time the board would have considered the sacking of RB, they have done it, well done. The Chairman buys Champagne - fair play, not my preferred choice but if he likes it and can afford it, let him fckin drink it in peace.... he has done more than most to rescue the club. I thought your email was offensive, more so, offensively considered. We are all concerned about our club but you are the one who has to be a pompous prick about it. Grow up.

Champagne is a drink I normally associate with success. If McInnes is drinking this on a regular basis then he is leaving himself nowhere to go in the event we actually do get some success.

I don't agree that Barker had a reasonable cv and I especially think that given some of the other names that were alleged to have been in the frame think it was an extraordinary appointment. I hope that the board has now learned from its mistakes and that if AA does manage to keep us up, they take their time thinking about a replacement and don't already have a contract ready for him to sign on the back of one win yesterday.

I still maintain this club is a good job because someone could really make a name for themselves if they manage to get the club back up to championship level. The club still has the potential for that whereas most others at our level don't, with their limited support bases.

So the board have reported that we are paying off debt quicker than budgeted.

We also have enough money to invest in a training ground and the stadium.

Doesn't seem so bad to me.

Agree, do not think you can have a 'board v crowd' issue based on a very, very small minority online - not just on VP, but across the online community.

More positive noises coming out this week, you have to be happier now stubbsy?