I made it .... | Vital Football

I made it ....

OldLeazes

Vital Football Hero
Alright lads.

I made it out here, not without a few incidents at the HK border, but we got here eventually. First impressions are ... just fucking wow man. I've never been to Asia, and what an eye opener. China is truly astonishing. I'm in the city of Shenzhen, teaching. I'm writing a blog of the events, and you can read it here.

www.stanleyfringe.co.uk

Look under the tab "Kevin's China blog" and you can read all about it. I won't give the chapter and verse here. I want to drive traffic to my website for one thing, and just haven't the time to do it all again here, for another. Hope you don't mind the link Toony, if it's a problem then remove it. I'm not sure what the form is with that carry on.

I'm unable to access my facebook account, or much email. I'm cut off in that respect. My own website is still reachable, and this one too, so we can get some kind of communication going.

It is stiflingly hot here, humid as fuck, you can barely breathe. We're having an office outing to Xichong Beach this Saturday, it looks canny. :59: I get six weeks off in January/February. I'll need them, the work is pretty taxing. Try teaching 50+ Chinese children at one go.

Anyway, read about it in more detail at the aforementioned website.

Xia wu hao folks, and have a lovely day.

Nee issue here OL. It can work both ways I suppose although once we get the new template on here, it should be more 21st century friendly and easier to link stuff.

Stanley Fringe ... it's where it's at man.

Just about to wander over to "snack street" for a bite to eat.

I'm building up to eating one of the stick kebab things, fuck knows what's on them, but they look like some kind of giant insects.

I've eaten one of these Keegan burgers at the match, I reckon I can stomach anything they throw at me.

Nice one mate, I remember that HK border can be a bit hairy. Although the first time I went out there HK was still under British rule. Gonna check your blog out.

Good read already OL, good on you for giving it a go, got to admire people who up sticks and go for it.

I've got my admin team working on it Billy :-)

Glad you like it, it's very gratifying to hear.

I've just "downloaded" some pics from my camera to my pc, did it last night and found them no worries. This lot have disappeared, no sign of them on the phone or the laptop. Technology annoys me. Meant to make life easier, not irritating beyond fucking belief.

Just off out into the heat and the bright lights, I'll get some pics again, and get them on to the blog asap.

Thanks for the kind words, very much appreciated.

Great read that OL, a ray of sunshine in what has been a really rather shite week at work.
Thank you.

Ahhh the Professor is back, or is it the Plofessah? Have you beaten up many kids yet for not agreeing with your thoughts on things?

Almost a full house for you there Davey lad.

Racism - check

Ignorance - check

Paranoia - check

Jealousy - Check

It's rather ironic that a "man" who claims to have been in the ICF (nowt to brag about, even if it were true, which it isn't) imagines that he holds the moral high ground when it comes to violence.

What a sad life you live.

Thanks to everyone else, it's good to get a bit of feedback. It's all been positive. Somebody has suggested I turn the whole experience into a book. They are in that business, so I'll certainly keep the channels open. The idea of an actual book is rather exciting, but I'll believe it when I see it. 2016 has been an absolutely incredible year for me thus far, so maybe I'll go for it. It seems like anything can happen.

Just got your p.m.on here but it won't open,fkn technology man.
Read part of your blog tho via Jane's f.b. page,good stuff.Watch ya hamstrings & 30 yd passes & behave yersel.
All good this side of the North Sea.