I live in New York. Ask Me Anything. | Vital Football

I live in New York. Ask Me Anything.

CDX_EIRE

Vital Football Legend
Just a thread idea that might prompt a more interesting thread from someone else i.e. I'm a nuclear scientist ask me anything :17:

And with that............

Back in the 70s they used the Big Apple in the marketing for tourism in the city and it has stuck ever since. The mother likes Christmas decorations and I got her one of a big apple with all kinds of Christmassy crap on it. I mention this because I know you love Christmas.
A google search reveals the real origin but I prefer the fake one: The term derived from a New York brothel whose madam was known as Eve.

Let the imagination run wild!

In general Clive most places have quarter pounders I rarely see one smaller than that. The nicest one I had was in Williamsburg in Brooklyn (where a lot of hipsters live) but I cannot for the life of me remember the place. It was nothing fancy either just perfectly cooked with the right toppings.

I would be obese miserably if i lived over there lol

Am the New Yorkers as hard as they look and thought of?
Is it scary going out late at night with gun crime over there?
And am the birds up for it over there or more tougher to nail?

col8 - 12/7/2015 19:39

Is muthafucka generally the longest word used in New York?

Most likely but Americans are not as quick with the curse words as we are

ClivetheVillan - 12/7/2015 20:26

I would be obese miserably if i lived over there lol

Am the New Yorkers as hard as they look and thought of?
Is it scary going out late at night with gun crime over there?
And am the birds up for it over there or more tougher to nail?

Depends on the area but in terms of personality most have a 'hard' personality in that living here teaches you to hate people

Nope not scary at all I dont live in the nicest area but I took the subway home at 4am and walked 3 blocks to apartment. I do this regularly without a care but that could be because I am from Ireland and you'd have problems back home

Birds are most certainly more up for it, with an accent as well it makes things easier. Irish and english women are harder for some reason, which baffles me because there are far better looking women here.

RosettaStoned - 12/7/2015 20:32

Have you ever been raped?

Careful sir the feminazi's will be after you! #RapeCulture

So the perception of the New Yorkers being tough guys naturally is true then, fair play though moving to New York must be amazing i bet your mom worries like mad!

Have you seen Queen Latiffa yet driving like a nutter in a big yellow taxi??

Having been to New York and born and spent the first twenty years of my life in Aston, I'd say I felt safer in New York! :17: