I guess they're out of the loop | Vital Football

I guess they're out of the loop

Chief_Brody

Vital 1st Team Regular
Ryder

Here we are again then, lots of questions, not many answers and nobody prepared to come forward and answer them on behalf of Newcastle United's incredible fanbase.

Put aside some of Joe Kinnear's unendorsed interviews about how the club is supposed to be moving forward and United supporters have been left with precious little when it comes to guidance on just where the club is heading next season.

The frustration amongst fans is clear for all to see for everybody in the city but the silence is far from golden.

Alan Shearer called Kinnear-gate a "PR disaster" while Rob Lee stated today in the Chronicle that it was impossible for players to know where they stand if they aren't allowed to speak to the manager before signing.

It's easy to forget but Newcastle is supposed to be a club at the heart of the community.

There are 50,000 fans that turn up week in, week out but at the moment it feels like that support is being taken for granted.

Please let me know if I am wrong or whipping up too much hysteria!

If I am wrong, then why hasn't there been any official explanation of how new director of football Joe Kinnear will carry out his role at the club?

Why wasn't the manager Alan Pardew quoted on the official Press release that came days after Kinnear had been appointed?

Why aren't the players who are at the club and have been interviewed via official channels not even mentioned Kinnear or the dynamics of how it is all going to work?

And can you blame any fan that feels like they are being taken for granted after little communication apart from season ticket payment deadlines?

These are major points of serious interest in this football mad city.

When United were relegated crowds dropped significantly in the early days of the Championship.

Silence from the owner and the board was healed by wins from the team and a relationship with the players and the supporters, nobody else.

But these questions remain unanswered.

For certain there are many, many more.

And the questions asked by fans in our recent Toon Survey have been put to the club.

We're still waiting for a response.

But it feels like it is going to be a long wait.

As I've said before trying to build a team that matches the quality of the supporters at Newcastle is a hard enough task.

Ending long quest for a trophy is even harder with every year that goes by simply adding a little bit more pressure.

However, having a soap opera of who is in charge or who answers the questions at SJP thrown into the middle of all of that is why so many fans are calling the situation a "joke".

There are 50,000 fans that turn up week in, week out but at the moment it feels like that support is being taken for granted.

It will always be taken for granted as long as the sheep turn up to graze when the fixtures order.
I actually take my hat off to Ashley he's managed to take the piss out of an entire region of sheep.
keep on giving chaps!
He'll be worth 3 billion soon judging the amount of WONGA idiots with their sports direct bags on Wednesday.

Just seen a prick outside ShiteDirect, with his Wonga on.

Honestly wanted to flatten the ****......

I've seen a few of the fuckers now, and I appreciate them taking the time to wear a shirt which tells me they are a first class **** without my having to bother speaking to them first.

Thanks fellas, you're doing a great job.

It looks like Ryder has set himself up for a mild slap on the wrists.

Next week he will be totally apologetic about Pards being on holiday and the players being unable to respond because they have been off too.

Who knows, he may even be triumphant about getting a statement from the club, whose propaganda he has been spouting for the last 5 years when in reality, it is those who have been showing disgust all around the city and the message boards.

The it will be back to his customary sycophancy for the regime.

daftladguy - 5/7/2013 19:46

Just seen a prick outside ShiteDirect, with his Wonga on.

Honestly wanted to flatten the ****......

I couldn't care less about this. His choice.
I wouldn't expect YOU to obey what he told YOU so why's the opposite OK ?
No, I don't have a shirt. Don't wear teams colours and I doubt I ever will. Charver-esque to me, personally. My opinion.
Same with boycotting the shirts. I think he's daft - but his choice. Wouldn't wind myself up about it

OldLeazes - 5/7/2013 20:21

I've seen a few of the fuckers now, and I appreciate them taking the time to wear a shirt which tells me they are a first class **** without my having to bother speaking to them first.

Thanks fellas, you're doing a great job.

:1:

Ryder to get a ban until he apologises.... In all honesty, what he says is spot on, I have said it before, this bloke is in a position where he can really be of benefit and help push these scabs out of the club, he usually takes the propaganda line but maybe he has grown a set and has decided to speak up?

This from John Gibson in the Chron today

Gibbo: Joe Kinnear's rants are becoming a Jo-ke!
6 Jul 2013 08:00
Kinnear officially began his new job at Newcastle this week and let rip, stating he is “head and shoulders” above every other director of football

Share on print Share on email
Joe Kinnear
I SEE Uncle Joseph has had his soapbox out again with the usual disastrous effect.

Kinnear officially began his new job at Newcastle this week and let rip, stating without a hint of embarrassment he is “head and shoulders” above every other director of football.

Why is that? Well, because he used to be a football manager, that is why.

According to him, that fact makes him unique in the insular world of directors of football.

Joe put it thus: “I have been a manager for 35 years. I have been manager of the year.

“I have won every award there is in football as a player.

“All those qualities put me head and shoulders above every other director of football.

“I am probably the only football manager to be a director of football.

“I don’t know any other ex-managers who have.”

Except of course his predecessor at Newcastle!

Dennis Wise, once manager of Leeds United you may remember, was appointed Executive Director (Football) by Mike Ashley which translates as director of football does it not?

There are many others, like former Newcastle boss Kenny Dalglish and ex-United coach Mick Wadsworth, like Geordie Lawrie McMenemy, Harry Redknapp, Ron Atkinson, Steve Coppell, Avram Grant, Craig Brown and Lennie Lawrence.

David Pleat, Sven-Goran Eriksson, Barry Fry...well, you get the drift don’t you?

As for having “won everything as a player,” well that is not quite right.

Kinnear lifted the FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA Cup with Spurs, which is more than good enough without exaggeration.

However, it does not by my reckoning include the old First Division championship, the European Cup or, unlike with the Charlton boys, the World Cup.

Kinnear also displayed again a startling lack of realisation of the passing of time.

He added: “I am lending my experience as a manager for all those years.

“Ten years at Wimbledon, two years at Nottingham Forest, two years winning promotion at Luton and almost two years at Newcastle.”

No-Ordinary-Joe actually spent seven-plus years at Wimbledon, just over 11 months at Forest and all of five months at Newcastle as manager.

What is most important, putting side his regular gaffes, is what Kinnear helps achieve in the transfer market.

United’s already thin squad is now three players down from last season with James Perch joining Steve Harper and Danny Simpson on the departed list.

Perch was never good enough for a regular first-team place but he was the ideal sub being able to perform all across the back four and as a defensive midfielder.

Especially ideal as that other utility player, Ryan Taylor, is out injured for the whole of next term.

We were told Perch was expendable because of the raft of new players who are to arrive at St James’ Park. Really?

I, like the Toon Army, will look forward to that over the next few weeks.

Many folk may well see Joe as a slapstick figure of fun but what really matters to Geordies, embarrassed and yes stung by his string of outrageous claims, is can he deliver as promised?

If he can an awful lot will be overlooked. If he cannot then I am afraid Toon fans may call for the guillotine to be dragged centre stage.

newcastle united= sports direct =the fatman .alwaysi free advertisement. every year keagan , shearer shafted =sports direct , hughton sacked after promotion =sports direct every time it settles down he stirs it up. can you believe wonga, not fatty sign them up and now his master stroke JK he,s never out of the paper newcastle united sports drect. the only time he was in trouble was last year when we nearly went down that could have got rid of him .so lads in my opinion he,s just a sick sod who is taking away the pleasure of people who love there club.

daven - 6/7/2013 20:59

newcastle united= sports direct =the fatman .alwaysi free advertisement. every year keagan , shearer shafted =sports direct , hughton sacked after promotion =sports direct every time it settles down he stirs it up. can you believe wonga, not fatty sign them up and now his master stroke JK he,s never out of the paper newcastle united sports drect. the only time he was in trouble was last year when we nearly went down that could have got rid of him .so lads in my opinion he,s just a sick sod who is taking away the pleasure of people who love there club.

Never knew who the Fatman was before he came and sports direct were just a shit sports shop.
Like you say daven we / sports direct (Ashley ) are always in the press, and their is no such thing as bad publicity .
Every article "mike Ashley billionaire sports direct "

It was confirmed by sir john hall in an interview that ashley's main reason for buying us was to grow his shite brand, and it worked. The sad thing is, Ashley could have grown his brand just as well ( if not better) by making us successful, but no, he had to bungle it and now generates brand awareness by sticking two fingers up at the fans at virtually every opportunity.