I can't help but feel worried... | Vital Football

I can't help but feel worried...

HarrowGill

Vital Youth Team
... that we're seeing a recurrence of the same problems up front as last season.

In summary, we look toothless going forward.

Surely Pennock must know that we need to invest in a half-decent strikforce before the end of this transfer window?

I'm sure Pennock is well aware. Hopefully one of our targets is a striker.
Only two games in but I see the division's top scorer Keiffer Moore is on loan to Rotherham from Ipswich who will probably be bottom half of the Championship this season. Shows the players are there, as well as hinting at the growing gulf between the two divisions.

I'm sure our strikers are capable given the right service.

It's creativity through the middle and out wide we need.

We have midfielders and the like who can give the services but the players we have up front are easy pickings for defenders.

Listening to Mick McCarthy after Ipswich's first win of the season while driving home from Doncaster, he put it down to good team work and a decent pre-season that included a defeat to Gillingham, although he didn't mention that. No need.

Wayne.Kerr - 13/8/2017 18:34

We have midfielders and the like who can give the services but the players we have up front are easy pickings for defenders.

So last season when we had Cody then our midfield was incapable of creating (as evident by Cody's conversation rate)...

This season we have lost our most creative player in Dack and suddenly with the same midfield they are capable of supplying??

Some mistake Shirley??

Brexiteer - 13/8/2017 18:23

I'm sure our strikers are capable given the right service.

It's creativity through the middle and out wide we pneed.

Exactly this. Last season i constantly moaned about how our wingers never got to the line and put crosses in that our forwards can attack, yesterday was exactly the same. Poor set up.