I can see 2 in and 2 out this week. | Vital Football

I can see 2 in and 2 out this week.

Cookiejar

Vital Reserves Team
Wednesday game doesnt help us but no game on Saturday means use will have all of Thursday and Friday to focus on the window. I can see a surprise departure from out forwards and possibly one other.

Expect a defender and a midfielder in

Wednesday game doesnt help us but no game on Saturday means use will have all of Thursday and Friday to focus on the window. I can see a surprise departure from out forwards and possibly one other.

Not another effing midfielder, please

Agree with the 2 ins. Wayne, SE said previously with Byrne out, plus now O’Connor sidelined, he is looking at another midfielder. It appears to me he doesn’t have faith in either Pringle or RCC. And sounds like he is after defensive or centre midfield cover. All our excess midfielders currently are more attacking aren’t they?

I too can see either Hanlon or Mandron actually being sold up the chain (maybe surprisingly).

And if we do get another midfielder in I can see a midfielder leaving.

I mentioned elsewhere (in Chris’ thread) that I wouldn’t be surprised to see one or both of Roberts and Jakubiak signed permanently paving way for an “in” to be a loanee.

And I wonder if Brad Garmston might accept one of the rumoured clubs interested either permanent or loaned out.

It should be an interesting week.

Football never ceases to surprise me but if someone paid money for Mandron I would be truly shocked. He is not a regular starter for us so I can't see how he will be on anyones radar. Hanlon I get as people could be looking at his pace and potential but his lack of goals must be a concern.

If anyone goes for money in this window then I can only see it being Tucker and I don't see that happening given that he is playing regularly and knows that is the best way for him to learn and develop. His time will come.

I do think Garmston will go this window. He'd be crazy not to go out and get football somewhere to earn a contract in the summer.

Football never ceases to surprise me but if someone paid money for Mandron I would be truly shocked. He is not a regular starter for us so I can't see how he will be on anyones radar. Hanlon I get as people could be looking at his pace and potential but his lack of goals must be a concern.

If anyone goes for money in this window then I can only see it being Tucker and I don't see that happening given that he is playing regularly and knows that is the best way for him to learn and develop. His time will come.

I do think Garmston will go this window. He'd be crazy not to go out and get football somewhere to earn a contract in the summer.
I do think Mandron could do a Bayo type job for someone. IE like Bayo did for Cody.As I said before I think his performance were a big part in our form change. I doubt there will be a substantial bid but will a club at our level or above want him I think the answer to that is yes.

You think Mandron could be playing in the championship ? League 2 maybe but I don't see a higher club coming in. we'll see.

You think Mandron could be playing in the championship ? League 2 maybe but I don't see a higher club coming in. we'll see.
Many clubs have two ,three or even four centre forwards.Do I think he will play regularly in the championship? Well Eaves is and although Eaves is a massively better finisher I would say the rest of their game is of similar quality. If anything I would say Mandron can hold the ball to really good effect means his play could help a goalscorer more than Eaves would.So yes I do think that a club with that in mind might be interested.

It appears to me he doesn’t have faith in either Pringle or RCC. And sounds like he is after defensive or centre midfield cover. All our excess midfielders currently are more attacking aren’t they?

Strange about Pringle, SE signed him for GFC knowing exactly what he brought to the table. I like Pringle but with Roberts in an attacking midfield role it probably makes a Pringle appearance that much more elusive.

I think you are right with your defensive/centre midfield thoughts, OSK. Jones does a good job (and is also an excellent central defender) and O`Keefe is a good player. But, we could be a tad more dynamic. There does seem to be something missing in that part of the park for us. Perhaps O`Keefe is not at full fitness; i`m not so sure he isn`t playing a bit below par, maybe he could deliver more ? Maybe SE could improve that role with new blood.

Strange about Pringle, SE signed him for GFC knowing exactly what he brought to the table. I like Pringle but with Roberts in an attacking midfield role it probably makes a Pringle appearance that much more elusive.

I think you are right with your defensive/centre midfield thoughts, OSK. Jones does a good job (and is also an excellent central defender) and O`Keefe is a good player. But, we could be a tad more dynamic. There does seem to be something missing in that part of the park for us. Perhaps O`Keefe is not at full fitness; i`m not so sure he isn`t playing a bit below par, maybe he could deliver more ? Maybe SE could improve that role with new blood.

I just hope that if SE does bring in another midfielder it is someone who will be a starter, not just another benchwarmer. We have 3 or 4 of those already. It’s also why I keep wondering if we will try to turn one of our loanees into a permanent signing so that we can get another higher quality loan in.

I’d be surprised if Jakubiak would sign permanently with us given the number of minutes he’s played recently (even before we signed two forwards).

I think Garmston will get a mutual termination and sign for somebody else (a pay off).

Hodson to go out on loan or as above.

An attacking player to leave.

One defender in.

No midfielders in as we have plenty of bench-warmers already but one of the bench-warmers to leave (Pringle)?

I think Lee flatters to deceive

I think likely that Mandron will go (Sarfend?) and that Garmston will go to a Nat Lge side (maybe loan) and also that RCC will go out on loan (Bromley?)

with 1 player in ; loan? but hard to see any of current loan players converting to perm (Jak, Lee, Roberts) because of our low wages and they can wait for better offers if they do well from others in the summer

But I suspect we're vulnerable to Hanlon and Tucker being tempted away by higher wages (if the 'lowest budget' spiel is correct) with low offers (Ipswich/Peterborough)

I think we should cash in now with Tucker as should get a higher fee, and if Blackburn willing swap Ogilvie, to allow Jones and O'Connor to play in their best position

The lowest budget hype looks like being very counter productive

Garmston's position is a strange one. I thought he would have noticed by now that SE is never going to start him unless we have an incredible set of injuries. He is under contract, so being paid not to play. Is he ok with that and happy to sit his remaining out? Is his agent telling him to force the club to pay up his contract? Is he no longer worried about playing regular football and not looking elsewhere? On his day Bradley was a great sight sweeping down the wing and whipping in great crosses. I hope he gets sorted soon and leaves a positive memory of his time at Gills.

Garmston's position is a strange one. I thought he would have noticed by now that SE is never going to start him unless we have an incredible set of injuries. He is under contract, so being paid not to play. Is he ok with that and happy to sit his remaining out? Is his agent telling him to force the club to pay up his contract? Is he no longer worried about playing regular football and not looking elsewhere? On his day Bradley was a great sight sweeping down the wing and whipping in great crosses. I hope he gets sorted soon and leaves a positive memory of his time at Gills.
Can only imagine no other club are prepared to offer him the same wages he gets here.
He could take a lower offer elsewhere now if we agree to pay off a portion of his remaining contract to make up the difference.

Last edited: