I am probably wrong and delusional but | Vital Football

I am probably wrong and delusional but

bgmineralman

Alert Team
Staff member
JJM has Fawaz by the short hairs

1. Fawaz has no buyers or investors interested in his team other than Moores
2. Fawaz has no organization in place now at Forest. He is scrambling right now to put an organization together
3. The family does not appear willing to put more £££ in the team
4. With PM gone there does not appear to be anyone at the club to get the players needed during the transfer window.
5. Fawaz has the pressure being put on him from the fanbase
6. The specter of relegation is real for Fawaz and will further erode the value of the club.
7. Moores doesn't care about Forest, he probably sees the City Ground and Forest as part of a much larger commercial and residential real estate development project.
8. If the deal does go belly up, I am sure he has got a bunch of US tax accountants to make him whole again courtesy of the U.S. taxpayer.

9. The most important thing is that Moores has time. Fawaz doesn't

Agreed -that is why i expect the deal to go ahead unless ofcourse we get relegated

Such a shame we didnt have a home game yesterday to demonstrate.

10,000 people on the pitch singing fawaz out might have got a message over to him.

Afterall, 250 people in the car park budged the last owner out.

The bloke is so thick that he clearly doesn't understand:-

That we are more likely to go down than up.
League 1 will mean no one, not even JJM, will be interested in us.
Even at £15 million it's a good deal, if he retains 20% than at least it stems the losses (he should expect to pay 20% of the losses), sells up completely no more losses.
Fawaz will NEVER get us promoted.
This is a one off chance to remove the liability from the Fawaz family.
Any other potential investor will look at the JJM and Marinakis takeover failures and look elsewhere.
He has mismanaged the club to such an extent that even the former glories of the 70's and 80's have become tarnished.

I'm afraid to arrest the slide in the club, forest fans everywhere need to show Fawaz that we aren't going to take this shit anymore. If that means taking one step backwards sobeit.

FAWAZ MUST GO

What I don't think is right on Fawaz is that he agreed a price it seems of £50m and then JJm ha tried to pay far less. So why should he sell?

If you had your house for sale for £100k and then someone accepted this then before exchange offered you £35k would you accept ??

So while we can be disappointed I don't think if we were in the position we would do the same.

Fulhamred - 15/1/2017 08:47

What I don't think is right on Fawaz is that he agreed a price it seems of £50m and then JJm ha tried to pay far less. So why should he sell?

If you had your house for sale for £100k and then someone accepted this then before exchange offered you £35k would you accept ??

So while we can be disappointed I don't think if we were in the position we would do the same.

Because the club was never worth anything like £50m, it was always worth nearer what JJM ended up offering.

I'm going to put my track car up for sale tomorrow. I've spent £1,000s on it over the years and has a great deal of sentimental value.

That said it's still a Mk2 MX5 with a lot of miles on the clock, many of them hard miles.

If I put it on Autotrader at a price that effectively tries to get back most of what I've spent on upgrades, maintenance and fuel over my ownership, it's not going to sell.

That's what Fawaz was trying to do, he's a massive clown.

Whilst I understand what you are saying, do we actually know what happened? Apparently JJM were good to go on the 22nd, and we have heard stories of Fawaz demanding a salary, and he wants 20% of the receipts, but not 20% of the expenses. It's like selling your house and the vendors want to charge you rent on the house that you are buying, also you get the feeling that fixtures and fittings included in the price are about to be sold off.

You find out that the property is riddled with dry rot and doesn't have an acceptable damp course, wouldn't you want to re evaluate the proposition.

What agreement was arrived at, unconditional or an agreement in principal. If JJM have gone back on a formal agreement then why isn't Fawaz suing their sorry asses.

wesimmo - 15/1/2017 08:53

Because the club was never worth anything like £50m, it was always worth nearer what JJM ended up offering.

I'm going to put my track car up for sale tomorrow. I've spent £1,000s on it over the years and has a great deal of sentimental value.

That said it's still a Mk2 MX5 with a lot of miles on the clock, many of them hard miles.

If I put it on Autotrader at a price that effectively tries to get back most of what I've spent on upgrades, maintenance and fuel over my ownership, it's not going to sell.

Yes, you ought to have very little interest.

However, if a buyers' tactic is to indicate that all factors of the sale are agreeable from their perspective, perhaps to get their foot into the door, and then at the 11th hour offer a sum half of what they indicated they were prepared to pay, how would you as the seller react?

Whether the figure requested is unrealistic (your car, 100k for Fulham Red's metaphorical house, fawaz' 50m for 80%) is beside the point, an agreement in principle has been created and should, within reasonable deviations, be honored.

If the final meetings between JJM and Fawaz (although there are indications that these didn't take place) revealed liabilities around £20-30m that Fawaz chose not to/"forgot" to mention in earlier discussions, in that respect, the previous agreement in principle could be disregarded; and a new set of guidelines drawn up.

If that happened then JJM offering 15m is understandable. However, as incompetent as fawaz is could he really have buried 20m+ from the American's accountants and lawyers until the very last moment? I have my doubts.

At the end of the day, this was a shit storm of ruthless US operators, who had previous of offering hugely reduced terms when contracts come to be exchanged; and an idiot.

Fair point to some degree.

But the fact remains I wouldn't have put my car up at that price, 'cause I'm not daft.

We don't know the details of the negotiations and I'll accept that JJM wasn't blameless in the whole situation, but as I said in another thread, we're now 0 from 2 with takeovers that have dragged out over months.

Both times hard nosed businessmen have walked away from Fawaz's demands.

And JJM is 0 from 3.
Though his valuation ( if £15m is to be believed ) is about right & I don't blame it for a second in trying to renegotiate with the village idiot.

wesimmo - 15/1/2017 09:30

But the fact remains I wouldn't have put my car up at that price, 'cause I'm not daft.

We don't know the details of the negotiations and I'll accept that JJM wasn't blameless in the whole situation, but as I said in another thread, we're now 0 from 2 with takeovers that have dragged out over months.

Fair point, but, in this context being daft is neither here nor there.
It appears that an agreement in principle was in place 22 December...unless the US team weren't being wholly truthful with their statements.

Also, Fawaz couldn't introduce a whole new set of demands that would be critical to the sale at the point of closure; that again would result in the previous agreement in principle becoming null.
If he did then Fawaz resides in a completely different environment to everyone else, and concurs with Faulkner's claim that anyone would struggle concluding a deal.

Maybe faz did ask for this, that and the other at the final stage and was met with the 15m offer?

wesimmo - 15/1/2017 09:30

Surely the greek deal failed due to the Marinakis greek football issues and the fit'n'proper tedt, not fawaz.

ThePromisedLand - 15/1/2017 09:48

And JJM is 0 from 3.
Though his valuation ( if £15m is to be believed ) is about right & I don't blame it for a second in trying to renegotiate with the village idiot.

He's actually 1 for 7 in terms of sports teams.

LyttleByLyttle - 15/1/2017 10:42

ThePromisedLand - 15/1/2017 09:48

And JJM is 0 from 3.

He's actually 1 for 7 in terms of sports teams.

I assume 4 are US based?

Did all the other 6 attempts end in someone else buying the clubs for more money?

BlackGold - 15/1/2017 09:23

wesimmo - 15/1/2017 08:53

Yes, you ought to have very little interest.

However, if a buyers' tactic is to indicate that all factors of the sale are agreeable from their perspective, perhaps to get their foot into the door, and then at the 11th hour offer a sum half of what they indicated they were prepared to pay, how would you as the seller react?

Whether the figure requested is unrealistic (your car, 100k for Fulham Red's metaphorical house, fawaz' 50m for 80%) is beside the point, an agreement in principle has been created and should, within reasonable deviations, be honored.

If the final meetings between JJM and Fawaz (although there are indications that these didn't take place) revealed liabilities around £20-30m that Fawaz chose not to/"forgot" to mention in earlier discussions, in that respect, the previous agreement in principle could be disregarded; and a new set of guidelines drawn up.

If that happened then JJM offering 15m is understandable. However, as incompetent as fawaz is could he really have buried 20m+ from the American's accountants and lawyers until the very last moment? I have my doubts.

At the end of the day, this was a shit storm of ruthless US operators, who had previous of offering hugely reduced terms when contracts come to be exchanged; and an idiot.
r

Yes that was my exact point. Whether the club is worth £50m which was the asking price then you bid £15m Andrew it would get rejected. What would be wrong would be to agree £50m and then change offer at the last minute ...

It's like going to Tesco and offering to pay 30% of the whole bill when you get to the till because you think that is what it's worth. They would throw you out....

That seems to be the way he does business and we have to ask why he has failed in two other club purchases.

We don't know all the facts but I am saying that if this is loosely the case then I don't blame fawaz for pulling the plug..