Humble Pie being eaten... | Vital Football

Humble Pie being eaten...

Sincilbanks

Vital Football Hero
A couple of humble pie video's...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqnHl2LETfE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auMbp6SCLhI

Just putting these here for now as a warning to others who take us too lightly!!

"The 8 changes though have meant Joey Barton starting and Steven Defour (arguably our best player) also starting against Bristol City so although I don't expect you will play against our prem first 11 the side will still be very strong"

Brighton thought the same when they played their top goalscorer Murray and Steve Sidwell against us. Experience tells me the pre-match posts on your forum will go from delight about drawing us to talk about which side to put out, to conviction that your 2nd string should be able to see us off, to laughing at Matt Rheads physique to ranting on 606 about how crap your performance was and it was a disgrace and embarrassing to get beaten by us.

I think our record in the competition this season means we deserve some respect and I sincerely hope you put your best X1 out against us so we can test our mettle against a full strength premiership side and not get patronised again by a bunch of fans who just say after the game "it's only the cup, who cares, if we'd put our best side out we'd have hammered them"

Excellent and some perspective there. Life's not black and white but sometimes on the balance of things we make a decision.

Stevie_imp - 21/2/2017 22:02

Excellent and some perspective there. Life's not black and white but sometimes on the balance of things we make a decision.

Are you Murph by any chance?

The reality is the team Arsenal put out against the Pie Eaters should be easily good enough to beat us on their own patch. However if they think they just need to turn up they will lose.

If Arsenal put out the same team as they did at Sutton and we play as we did at Burnley the result is not a forgone conclusion. In the starting eleven I thought the only three Arsenal players to come out the game with any credit were Moreno, Perez ( keep it off his left foot ) and Walcott.

I think in each of the games Oldham. Ipswich, Brighton and burnley have had a couple of individuals that on another day could have hurt us. Unfortunately for them they have been beaten by the better TEAM. I got the same impression from Arsenal on Monday. If the individuals don't produce we will have a shout. Plus, I don't think Arsenals home record is as good as Burnleys. The fact that we now go into these games with a belief rather than a hope says it all.