Hughton Bashers. | Vital Football

Hughton Bashers.

fanforlife

Alert Team
We have a manager in CH who it seems is trying his level best to do a good job for us..its taking its time for the players to work as a unit it seems..to gell..that doesnt happen overnight..drop only one or two new players into an established team it can however work quickly.

My point however is this....Give us a manager who does a brilliant job..Norwich are seen as doing really well by all with a great manager..then what happens?

As NCFC management history shows the big head and big club syndrome clicks in and then.......Hes gone..go on look back at the names.

Check it out! The ex managers over the last 30 odd years up to previous manager.

Maybe us as the size of club that we are...that however is huge in stature must realise that a manager who keeps us alive in the best league in the world and that is prepared to stick by us-the Club..is worth his weight in gold.

One has to be careful what they wish for as it can often result in getting bitten on the arse! OTBC

I of course realise we can have different views on how we see our club being managed and rightfully so, thats our democratic right...I only point out things as I see them and after supporting our team for over 40 years have I think a fairly good insight into most aspects.
I have experienced all the highs and lows..trust me no one on this earth wants our team to be successful more than me.
I am forever the eternal optimist I suppose and expect it all to come come good again...And I do not wear rose tinted glasses (I chucked em away as Jimmy Saville wore them)
OTBC

Of course we all want the very best for our club , and its that what binds us all together . I have always wished for Hugh to be successful , because I want a successful club . If he can do it , fair enough , but if he cant he should go . All I am saying is 7 wins in 31 games , our worst defeat since 1938 , getting knocked out of the Cup by a non league club , waiting almost a year for us to 'gel' and turn the corner, and sitting just one point from a relegation spot is not good enough IMO .

I agree YB.

I just don't like his management or formations etc - I hope for the us the fans and the club he does well for us but I for some negative reason (and again I said I never think we will lose but with hugh I do) Newcastle I feel will be a loss then we play Palace a must win then Liverpool and I can see another BIG loss will we still want Hugh after that?

after that Liverpool game if things are bad it would be the best time to change things as we will have 4 winnable games for anyone new. Just saying

It is a dilemma. We are all too acutely aware that a jump from a frying pan can end in conflagration. On the other hand, there is a litany of clubs that have under-performed year on year because they held onto their manager too long.

The issue of a performing manager moving on to a 'bigger' club is also a thorny one. Sadly for them, they do not always reap the success their tenure at Norwich would indicate; Walker and Lambert spring immediately to mind and you could add O'Neil to the list.

Unfortunately, their view of themselves seems to make them think they are somehow different.

It seems to me that, despite the valid questions about CH's ability to bring progress to the team, he should only be replaced if there is a truly better replacement.

Concerns that a successful manager will move on swiftly should be countered by keeping tabs on a replacement at least as good. Eventually, we will have built a reputation that will make us an attractive proposition for a talented, ambitious manager.

Of course, when that happens, we will also become an attractive proposition for an ambitious rich oligarch. These pages will be filled with debates about whether we want to buy success.

Nothing but worries. :worried:

I just believe that we are better than scraping to avoid relegation every year. It's up to the board really, I question their ambition also if they are happy with battling it out at the bottom of the table. If thats the case so be it. Even if/when the players gel, we then need a manager with the vision to apply tactics and respond intelligently to what's happening on the pitch. I have never in my time seen anything that suggests this management team are capable of this.

I hope that I am wrong and that Hughton from here on in does start our strongest 11, plays attacking football, doesn't praise the opposition and uses substitutions and tactics to respond to what is happening on the pitch and installs the belief in our players that they can more than compete at this level.

exactly why i want hughton to go
i have always been dubious as to why hugh left newcastle
and it bought me to trawling through some of their vital archives
read this from 13-2-2010
"hughton urged to re-take coaching exam" the match was v swansea and i shoudnt have been surprised as to what i was reading...
i close my case,mcnally get rid.

I have spent 45 years of my life watching Norwich City and as FFL says there have been many ups and downs over that period of time.

I started watching in 1968 when we were an average league 2
( now championship ) side.
Luckily for me 3 years later and we were promoted to league 1
and playing top level football. 10 out of the 22 clubs in that league are now not in premier league so most clubs go up an down.
We survived the first season and then went down the next and up and downs followed until the great seasons of the early 90's.

My worst times were watching us struggle in championship under a series of poor managers until we finally went down to league 1.
An all time low in 50 years.

The premier league is now big business and we are unlikely to win it
but as we go in the middle of our third season with probably the best squad ever assembled in our history ( at least in ability ) we should do ( in Mc Nallys words ) everything we can to stay there.
Just look at Coventry, Wolves, Sheffield United to name a few to see what happens if you get relegated.

My strong personal opinion is that we should not be hovering above the bottom 3. The players are very good but it is clear they are not
achieving their best and as such we are not doing our very best to stay in the top league.

We did win on Saturday but my opions on the management team will not change based on 45 minutes of football against a bang average side playing with no striker.

Who would be better ? Not my job to find a replacement but I remain convinced that as soon as there is someone better who is not obsessed by opposition being better, plays more attacking football and gets the most out of our great players then Mc Nally will appoint him.

As soon as fans see us achieving our potential and actually having a go ( without going mad and leaving no one at the back ) and actually looking forward to seeing a positive team and attitude, they will soon forget about CH and his poor team of coaches.
At the moment we are not giving ourselves a chance to be as good as we can be.

I couldn't agree with you more DG. At the moment we are underachieving by a long score and if it is not corrected soon with consistent good performances and some decent results, we will be on a slippery slope to the championship. That will be heart breaking when you consider the achievements of the Lambert era.

Hughton is a great bloke and I am sure we would all love him to succeed if only he can improve tactics, performances and results on a regular basis. IMO if there is to be a replacement at some point in the future, it has to be somebody with a proven track record at the top level to keep us there.

I do miss the days of the championship and league one. It was fun winning most games, but as said before, it may not be such fun again if we find ourselves there. Just ask Wolves and Coventry supporters amongst others, not to mention the Binners. How the mighty have fallen!

I really do hope that Hughton will emulate Ferguson.
So close to being sacked but got the right result and then went on to greatness.
Does it need that little bit of magic when the players gel and develop that Je ne sais qua - that bit of sixth sense on the pitch and we watch the team go from strength to strength.
Could it happen to lil ol Norwich. Who knows but Hugh is most definately running out of chances.

Rene Meulensteen gone to Fulham, now I would have swapped both Coffeekack and Trollope for him. That would have saved Hugh his job.

Will be interesting to see if there is any improvement with them after his arrival.

..... And we keep the 3 Stooges ! I just hope the Board know what they are doing !

Hugh talks this morning of going to these away grounds with no fear . That is in direct contrast to his tactics at these games . Has he changed at last ? ?

He always contradicts himself YB.

My Norwich - Palace tickets have arrived yippee - good day out with my father and hopefully see City smash the Eagles ----- If Hugh goes for a 1-0 in that match I will cry.