Huge win today | Vital Football

Huge win today

seanbeanstattoo

Vital Football Hero
Can't stress how important that victory was today. A defeat against a side staring at relegation on the back of the disappointment of Thursday night would have started alarm bells ringing. A half time rocket which the players accepted and Wilder admits would have cost him a fortune in swearbox fines paid instant dividends. Great second half. The usual VAR f u cking crap but an invaluable win with Villa up next at home.
One very happy Blade tonight.

Can't stress how important that victory was today. A defeat against a side staring at relegation on the back of the disappointment of Thursday night would have started alarm bells ringing. A half time rocket which the players accepted and Wilder admits would have cost him a fortune in swearbox fines paid instant dividends. Great second half. The usual VAR f u cking crap but an invaluable win with Villa up next at home.

Can’t argue with any of that. UTB!!!

Too right SBT, a defeat today would have been a massive downer and the effect on the squad could have been deep and far reaching.

For the squad going into a heavy Christams schedule and a very difficult New Year thinking that , maybe, our confidence is mis placed, our players not really up for it and that the bubble had burst could have been, at the least, di.spiriting.

Now with our first comeback win, the record away start for any club in the history of the PL should ease the pressure, develop belief and, hopefully, see us not worrying about relegation.

Even so, we are virtua;lly certain to have a bad run but, with 22 points on the board with 3 games to the halfway point I, and I am sure they, will feel much more at home- ot that anyone can rest on their laurels or that CWAK will let them.

Can’t argue with that but I still feel we need another option up front. McG can’t hit a barn door and McB needs more time to adapt. It’s easier said than done to get better than what we already have but stay up consolidate and the prize is huge. Wilder could bring success to this club for years to come.

Can’t argue with that but I still feel we need another option up front. McG can’t hit a barn door and McB needs more time to adapt. It’s easier said than done to get better than what we already have but stay up consolidate and the prize is huge. Wilder could bring success to this club for years to come.

Wilders interview pre match unequivically said WE WILL STRENGTHEN IN THE JTW. A hot striker MUST be paramount. Pukki? Watkins? Bowen?

I think 38 will be defo enough Raumdeuter is spot on Norwich and Watford to me are already struggling and one of those immediately above won't survive villa southampton..and if we continue at the same level pace our goal difference as of today is worth an extra point

I didn't fancy this game and at half time feared the worst.

But what character we showed second half. 8th place sitting on 22 points, I still think 36 points will be enough to survive - Norwich and Watford won't get there, Southampton and Villa will struggle, and the wheels have come off at Bournemouth.
Bournemouth got an horrendous injury crises which will improve in time I should imagine, their fully fit first team more than good enough to stay up fingers crossed we stay injury free

I imagine the bottom half of the premier league except Norwich will be eyeing Bowen up given his continued form

So important that today we prove that Thursdays game was just a blip. Lose and the old bubble has burst syndrome sneaks in, not so much the players but perhaps with the fans

At H/T I thought we hadn’t got out of bed and in some ways we were showing a similar pattern to the Newcastle game.

Excellent showing in the second half, but VAR..........ffs

PS: rumour has it Skybet are now running a book in which season Didsy will finally hit the back of the net

Jim Bowen........"innnnnn Onnnnnne"...sos
What team we have, said in chatroom to Ronnie that I fancied a win....
have a new song for bash as well

"Should I go or should I stay....."
:sorry:

Or as we sang at The Limit when Paul played it ... Should I stay or should I go.... Should I shave or should I grow....

Bournemouth got an horrendous injury crises which will improve in time I should imagine, their fully fit first team more than good enough to stay up fingers crossed we stay injury free

From reading their forums a change to playing three at the back and a more possession based play style Howe has introduced is causing the problems. Brooks has been a big miss but Lerma and Billing aren't creative enough, Callum Wilson is out of form, Ibe and Solanke have been flops and Fraser wants away. A lot of Bournemouth fans even suggesting the time is right for Howe to move on.

I can look at West Ham's squad and think they have the quality to pull away from the bottom three, I can't say the same about Bournemouth.

Very big second half performance to-day and a good cameo from Besic for the last 35 minutes. These are the type of games we need to pick up points and I would have taken not lose before the game started. Still a way to go and we have suspensions coming up but the character of the team shone through to-day.

After listening to CW's post match explanation as to why he rested Mousset and Mcg for the Newcastle game you have to say he got it spot on for to-days team selection.