How To Use The New Forum | Vital Football

How To Use The New Forum

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Just very quickly folks, as I'll do some proper rules when things settle and I get two tics.

If you want to embed youtube just put the url in the post.

Same with tweets, just 'copy link to tweet' (on twitter) and then paste here.

To put an image in a thread just drag and drop it in your post OR you can click the 'insert image' link above

Bold italic underline score text colour and font size all pretty obvious in your bar above B I etc just highlight the word/s you want to bold etc and then press B

Or press B before typing and then the rest of the words come out bold until you press B again and it goes back to normal

Alignment and list options:

Alignment changes how the post shows
in different places
and so should be easy enough

1. you
  2. can
  3. also
  4. list
  • or do
  • lists
  • with no numbers
indent​
outdent (normal)

The drop down for 'insert'

press quote to go like this

Insert media... you can just cut and paste media (youtube, twitter etc in) or you can use this link.

One useful link if you press that is 'giphy' If you see a gif you like you can go there, and then cut and paste the gif url

the attach image at the bottom of your reply box takes you to your computer for uploading (be careful what you upload!)

You preview your post before posting, see the 'preview' button by post reply.

Also you can share as per below the reply box to facebook, twitter etc

If you are at the bottom of the thread and want to get to the top without scrolling, press the up arrow on your keyboard and an upward arrow appears bottom right hand corner of your screen. :thumbup:

Or scroll your mouse upward and it appears

Not sure where to report bugs. So ...

Looking at the Six wins for automatic promotion thread:
a) post #28 on the second page seems to be an amalgam of a number of posts.
b) I tried to reply to the last one of that post, got the whole amalgamated post, and now the embryo reply is stuck there and I can't get rid of it. There seems to be no way to cancel a reply, not even by starting again.

Not sure where to report bugs. So ...

Looking at the Six wins for automatic promotion thread:
a) post #28 on the second page seems to be an amalgam of a number of posts.
b) I tried to reply to the last one of that post, got the whole amalgamated post, and now the embryo reply is stuck there and I can't get rid of it. There seems to be no way to cancel a reply, not even by starting again.

Post #28 was an amalgam of posts - they were ones posted on the old forum which didn't carry over, so were just cut & paste I think so they wouldn't be lost.

I know what you mean about the reply thing - maybe just overwrite it with something else and post it to the thread? I had this issue last night but seems to have righted itself now.

Ok you can click into the latest comment from menu - i just wanted to show off my new avatar.