How to alienate your fans! | Vital Football

How to alienate your fans!

Casperimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
I see Peterborough have ended their live radio commentary with Radio Cambs for matches and put it behind a paywall.

Really really poor imo. Let's ring every bit out of the fans. I think they are missing the point a lot of fans (particularly who are elderly who are unable or can't afford to go) rely on the tradition of Radio coverage.

I don't listen to Radio Lincolnshire myself as I go to virtually all matches home and away but I tune in after a home match and it's a great listen.

I really hope our club thinks more of its fans and wouldn't do this just for a little bit more cash (and really how much is going to make in the greater scheme of things).

That Peterborough have done it doesn't actually surprise me one bit and sums them up tbh!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-66265804

Doesn't really surprise me, but it does sadden. Not a great move just to try to earn a few extra quid.

With their existing level of debt and ridiculous plans for a new stadium for the Premier League, I am not surprised in the slightest.

What else could a paid subscription service replacing a free one be? Don't you just love these types trying to justify themselves!
If it ain't about the money, let's assume it will be given straight to charity.

Isn’t radio Cambridgeshire part of the BBC? How does that work with regards to the taxpayer funding model? Genuinely curious. Either way seems a shitty thing to do.

One of the early comments about disconnecting with the casual fans really resonated with me. My mother, aunty and one of her friends are all in their 80's, don't like football and have never been to a game in their lives, never will. Nonetheless, every Saturday they tune into Radio Lincs. and listen to our games.

They get excited when the club is doing well and are disappointed when they lose. It shouldn't make sense really as they don't like football but for them it's explained that Lincoln City FC represents their little part of the world and whether for example it's a local singer doing well, a tourist enjoying a visit to the area or their football club attracting attention it makes them happy to see, and they feel part of that.

You can't put a price on that but apparently Peterborough can.

Is it just me, or is there literally nothing likeable about that club?
Comparing Posh with the Imps it certainly highlights that a club is a reflection of those who run it. How lucky we are to have our club run by those who matter and shape it properly. For the head-hunters out there, they are doing a terrible job and shouldn’t even be considered 🫣

Comparing Posh with the Imps it certainly highlights that a club is a reflection of those who run it. How lucky we are to have our club run by those who matter and shape it properly. For the head-hunters out there, they are doing a terrible job and shouldn’t even be considered 🫣
For a start Lincoln would have consulted the supporters groups beforehand.

One of the early comments about disconnecting with the casual fans really resonated with me. My mother, aunty and one of her friends are all in their 80's, don't like football and have never been to a game in their lives, never will. Nonetheless, every Saturday they tune into Radio Lincs. and listen to our games.

They get excited when the club is doing well and are disappointed when they lose. It shouldn't make sense really as they don't like football but for them it's explained that Lincoln City FC represents their little part of the world and whether for example it's a local singer doing well, a tourist enjoying a visit to the area or their football club attracting attention it makes them happy to see, and they feel part of that.

You can't put a price on that but apparently Peterborough can.
I know exactly where you are coming from. My mother has never been to a football match in her life and won't watch it on TV (association football anyway), but listens BBC Radio Leeds now she's widowed and I was amazed how much she knows about her local sides.

I agree with Casper Imp fully on that point, something that is also aleinating alot of fans at this moment in time is the players celebrating goals in front of 617 Co-Op stand,WHY? another Danny Cowley thing, and his meetings with them. Before Cowley the whole team from Mat Rhead throughout celebrated nearest point to where they'd scored for the whole support to appreciate and enjoy, or do the 617 pay a little more for that previlage.Do hope you are reading this Luke and MK as well. There have been times when City have been losing game when half of the same 617 walk out very early, yes its happened this season as well.
Come on boys

I agree with Casper Imp fully on that point, something that is also aleinating alot of fans at this moment in time is the players celebrating goals in front of 617 Co-Op stand,WHY? another Danny Cowley thing, and his meetings with them. Before Cowley the whole team from Mat Rhead throughout celebrated nearest point to where they'd scored for the whole support to appreciate and enjoy, or do the 617 pay a little more for that previlage.Do hope you are reading this Luke and MK as well. There have been times when City have been losing game when half of the same 617 walk out very early, yes its happened this season as well.
Come on boys
Can’t say it bothers me in the slightest .
But if we score at the SW end then “617” are the nearest home fans, pretty sure we don’t run the length of the pitch.