How thick can some people be? | Vital Football

How thick can some people be?

mike_field

Vital Football Legend
Billionaires Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates are among several high-profile individuals targeted by hackers on Twitter in an apparent Bitcoin scam. The official accounts of Barack Obama, Joe Biden and Kanye West also requested donations in the cryptocurrency. "Everyone is asking me to give back, and now is the time," a tweet from Mr Gates's account said. "You send $1,000, I send you back $2,000."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53425822

Tweets deleted in minutes but the scam still attracted more than £80K.

200w.gif

It's difficult to believe there's not been enough open discussion of these sort of issues in the media/tv that everyone isn't now aware.

That said, in the last couple of years I remember my friend asking me whether she should respond to an email asking for her Nat West account details. My first question was "are you in the Nat West?" Her response: "No" :slap:

I never ceased to be amazed about people's stupidity! Just when I think there is nothing left to amaze me a rabbit gets pulled out of a hat again

Buggy I sincerely hope you gave her some lessons in online security. There are no words

If brains were made of chocolate some people would have trouble filling a smartie tube

Last edited:
Also do agree with buggy, this is a whole new world, some people are thick, some are busy and don't stop to think, and some scams are very well designed/disguised by the scum bags who do them.

There should be more policing, very high prison sentences and definitely some proper education. Every site, includinig the good ship Vital, could have a link to a page explaining about scams as well.

I have reported about 10 companies now (probably same people) scamming on facebook over Under Armour, and people in the comments complaining they haven't had their goods, or 'has anyone else bought from here'. I report but they keep coming, facebook don't do nearly enough and my reports would be the tip of the iceberg I am quite sure.

Darwin Awards update:

Three men had to be rescued by firefighters after getting stuck in a tumble dryer.

Essex County Fire and Rescue Service were called to a derelict laundry in Bower Hill, Epping, on Friday after the men, thought to be in their late teens, crawled into an industrial-sized dryer.

Two were in the dryer when the third's "ankles became trapped in the door" as he crawled in, the service said.

:rofl: :loser:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-54760265

I drove my new car into my house last week - am still waiting for quotes on the car repair and have some DIY to do.

Lessons learnt:
No need to select 'race mode' when on the driveway.
Double check you are in a reverse gear when you want to go backwards.
Don't floor the accelerator when pulling away.

I still feel like a prat, now.

I drove my new car into my house last week - am still waiting for quotes on the car repair and have some DIY to do.

Lessons learnt:

Yes the R is reverse not race mode!:LOL:

Lessons learnt:

200w.gif

Oh, yikes. I've just realised the purpose of social media.

If you are really stupid, you need to know what everyone else is doing so that you can copy them. That way you can avoid making decisions for yourself.

Some of these people that get scammed I have no sympathy for whatsoever because in some cases it's their own greed that has blinded their judgement.You see some of them in their 70/80s who are educated people who have had successful careers who have great pensions and thousands in the bank yet they still want more seems crazy to me.

:lol:

A man told police he had driven from Luton to Devizes to visit a McDonald's, even though the town does not have a branch of the burger chain.

Wiltshire Police called his actions a "flagrant breach" of lockdown regulations and fined the man £200.

The 34-year-old was stopped on Estcourt Street in Devizes, a distance of more than 100 miles (160km) from Luton.

His car was also seized for having no insurance, police added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-55695408

:lol:

A man told police he had driven from Luton to Devizes to visit a McDonald's, even though the town does not have a branch of the burger chain.

Wiltshire Police called his actions a "flagrant breach" of lockdown regulations and fined the man £200.

The 34-year-old was stopped on Estcourt Street in Devizes, a distance of more than 100 miles (160km) from Luton.

His car was also seized for having no insurance, police added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-55695408

I would have doubled his fine for lieing regarding McDonald's! Makes no sense.

Bet it was a long walk home too 🤣 Sings "Old Mcdonald had a far..........." 🐂🐑🐗🐖🐃

Wasn't sure exactly were to put this, but here goes.......

The Parole Board have decided that it's safe to release the UK's youngest terrorist after just 5 years in prison.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/202...cted-terrorist-can-be-freed-says-parole-board

Ok, he was only young and a little unstable, but 5 years and he's "ok"?! Come on, let's get real here.

Of course, the Parole Board have a 100% record of getting things right haven't they.... cough, cough!

Serves the fool right for leaving a review in the first place. Slagging off a law firm publicly is unlikely to end well... :lol:

A man who left a negative review of a legal firm on the TrustPilot website has been ordered to pay £25,000 ($34,000) in libel damages.

Philip James Waymouth engaged London law firm Summerfield Browne online to provide advice but was unsatisfied with the service he received.

He then left a review accusing the firm of being "another scam solicitor", according to court documents.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55981600