How Many Units Can You Drink? | Page 2 | Vital Football

How Many Units Can You Drink?

Thank you GT. I am 10 years sober on March 21st coming so I have built up 10 years immunity to drink. The drink is but the symptom. In the 10 years I have worked through all my emotional sh*t of a lifetime and more.

Not everyone in recovery has had a lifetime of sh*t to deal with and indeed there are many members who have had ''normal'' lives, no childhood problems etc but unfortunately alcoholism is no respecter of class age race creed etc.

If you ever want to do anything about it GT go to A.A as that is what works: The thing is with anything you have to want to so for anyone who doesn't want to change it won't work. However many have gone as I did for others and found I wanted it for me so it doesn't matter why you go, it can change your life, as you can change when you get in their when you hear what people say

I went to a pub quiz last night and had 4 pints of Kronenburg. According to the article that makes me a binge drinker.

I am going to another pub quiz tonight and will probably have the same again, so now I'm a serial binge drinker.

4 pints! Ridicularse! So when I go on Villa away days and have 12-15 pints what the hell is that called?

DeanoVilla - 28/2/2013 12:12

So when I go on Villa away days and have 12-15 pints what the hell is that called?

12-15 pints on a Leo Sayer is what I'd call a lightweight!! :35:

It's funny how people have different tolerances. In my youth I once drank 20 pints in one 12 hour session. Now if I have 5 pints I'm blotto. As a kid I could drink every day no problem, now the last time I had a session it took 2 days to get over it. Looking at these fly on the wall documentaries about kids on holiday in the Med, I would be in hospital these days.

Rescue Me, great show, wonder if that is coming back... must go and google it.

Sorry, what was the subject again?

How much can you drink? I'd drink the lot of you under the table, I once had FOUR bottles of babysham and still managed to walk.

:75:

<i>Rescue Me is an American dramedy television series that premiered on the FX Network on July 21, 2004 and concluded on September 7, 2011 </i>

James06 - 28/2/2013 12:08

How much would you have put away Carol, on a big session?

I was a evening home drinker. When I went out I would have half a dozen drinks and be fine.

Drink started to become a problem in 1998 for 3 years. I stopped for 9 months in 2002 on my own but started again. I drank to numb the pain and stress of a violent marriage and fleeing violence. When I picked up again it was for month and in that month I took the morning drink. That's when I new if I didn't get help I was going to be in serious sh*t

At home in a evening I would drink half a bottle of vodka maybe a bit more.

It's lightweight amounts compared to most who aren't even alcoholic but it was why I was drinking it was the problem and the fact that the craving stepped in when I had the first drink

Haha at the A.A you-tube. Seen them and heard it all before. Of-course there are people who hate A.A. That's there choice. I don't care.

I know what it has done for me and the millions of others in the fellowship in recovery for the last 78 years and still going strong.

Infact the medical profession and government here are all in favor of us as it costs them nothing. They went through a stage of hating us as they wanted to get involved with A.A and we told them to do one as A.A doesn't affiliate with anyone. We are self supporting by our own contributions. They got in a strop and went off and started all sorts of things realized they weren't working after 10 years and some bright spark suddenly went 'oh yeah AA is free' LOL

My record is 12 pints of stella, four double vodka redbulls and a six shots of sambuca (shorts if you're old)

How many units is that?!

At least 38 units just going on a normal unit, probably more as Sambuca's and Stella are higher than a normal unit

danvilla2 - 1/3/2013 07:11

My record is 12 pints of stella, four double vodka redbulls and a six shots of sambuca (shorts if you're old)

How many units is that?!

That's some sterling work, Dan.