How Could Aston Villa Benefit From Xia's Expansion Plans? | Vital Football

How Could Aston Villa Benefit From Xia's Expansion Plans?

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Whether or not there's any truth in Dr Tony Xia investing in Danish club Lyngby Boldklub given the speculation, we know it's an aim following the words of our...<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524251">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Who would benefit from Zia's expansion plans? I would say ultimately he will provided all is handled correctly

I'd guess that Man Citeh (the Dubai royal family) are looking to create a global football league combining all of their Citeh clubs into one league. It's not a bad plan but I don't see it working. It's a bit too Harlem Globetrotter for me.

Xia might be minted but he is skint compared to the Dubai dudes. He doesn't have pockets deep enough for that game (apparently).

Doh!

You're meant to bloody read, made perfect sense to my sleepy head but I knew what I meant :26:

Had to look them up, surprised they are a top flight club and finished 3rd only last season.

I thought they were some club from the lower divisions of Danish football.

Won the title twice in 1983 and 2002 if memory serves from bits I've read, so reasonable history but certainly sound like they've hit hard times for whatever reason.

I think we could benefit from this arrangement. As a 'feeder' club, we could take their best/promising players and also send some of our young talent to them on a 'loan' basis so they get league experience.

It could be a win/win situation.

With all the talk previously about Villa being the 'mothership' I don't see Xia doing this unless the end line was we benefit directly from the best, and 'sister clubs' then benefit from those not quite good enough for us and where we want to be, but good enough for where they are.

As you say PoL all based around youth, even based around arranging loans for injured seniors to get them back to fitness would work for all parties.

Think to be healthy it has to benefit both clubs, and over an extended period of time. If Xia is serious, then it does mean he has some loose change to throw around and isn't skint like some have worried.

I read somewhere that Lyngby has a good reputation for scouting young players. If so, then we could help them find a home. In fact, Bodymoor could become a training centre for those players. In return, Lyngby could be a useful outlet for players developed here. With two clubs working together there ought to be a lot more flexibility. Some good players have come out of Denmark and we've had several of them; some more would be welcome. Laursen no 2 to work alongside Chester when Terry departs, for instance

And of course it doesn't just apply to young players. Senior players having struggles to get game time could, ahem, do a useful job in showcasing their experience at Lyngby; even the Danish pastry business might benefit.

It's not just players. If Lyngby should happen to need a new manager maybe a Laursen / Mellberg team would fit, and who knows what that would lead to...