Hourihane Enters The Record Books | Vital Football

Hourihane Enters The Record Books

Fair play to him. I am as guilty as anyone for getting frustrated with his perceived lack of work rate at times, but he has brought something to the party we've not had for years - goals from midfield.

Nice one Conor, nice one son, etc.

I would class Adomah as a midfielder - pretty sure him and Snodgrass are always top of work charts after games.

Fair play to Hourihane. Not everyone's cup of tea but for a million quid or so he has been a good signing.

Classed more as a winger I'd say for Adomah rather that strict midfield.

A winger is a type of midfielder though surely?

GK
Defender
Midfielder
Striker

That's your 4 positions... within those you have full backs, centre backs, wingers etc.. but thats your basic 4.

If we were in the prem and involved in Fantasy Football, both Adomah and Snoddy would be in the midfielder category.

Chuffed for Hourihane, but to say he's our highest scoring midfielder since Platt is obviously nonsense.

Platt played more or less up front quite a lot as well didn't he? A very advanced 'No 10'.

Either way, we've been missing midfield goals for years, so big up to Conor AND Uncle Albert for what they have done this season.

I think it is an achievement from a central midfielder, so well done to Conor.

Wingers are slightly different. Mo Salah is a winger. He has scored 98 goals this season so far.

I think they should point out it's the first central midfielder . Not a wide Midfielder like Albert