Hopefully the end of a long painfull journey | Vital Football

Hopefully the end of a long painfull journey

Littlest Hobo

Vital 1st Team Regular
Sat here today with my left leg up recovering from another op. This time on my left knee. The right has been rebuilt and now I have finally got the left sorted. Hopefully enough to give me more than 5 mins without pain playing with the kids.

Anyhow yesterday's op whilst starting comically with them having notes to fix the right knee ended with

Ignore the lack of spelling and technical detail.

Arthroscopy
Minor lateral release
Shaving of the femal bone. Basically trying to improve the Chanel for my knee to run in.

Actually doesn't hurt much at all.

I know a few of you have knee issues, I hope this is mine now able to at least function

Littlest Hobo - 13/3/2014 15:25

Sat here today with my left leg up recovering from another op. This time on my left knee. The right has been rebuilt and now I have finally got the left sorted. Hopefully enough to give me more than 5 mins without pain playing with the kids.

Anyhow yesterday's op whilst starting comically with them having notes to fix the right knee ended with

Ignore the lack of spelling and technical detail.

Arthroscopy
Minor lateral release
Shaving of the femal bone. Basically trying to improve the Chanel for my knee to run in.

Actually doesn't hurt much at all.

I know a few of you have knee issues, I hope this is mine now able to at least function

Been there done that. Seriously, it's a pain in the arse. Hope it all works, sometime this year I'm be having my put off osteotomy whilst at the same time having either a) artificial or b) pigs or c) and the most gruesome of all - human cartlidge inserted into my knee at the same time.

Anyway, you can now waste your recovery away here!

Best of luck Hobo hope it's the last one you have to have...f**king football, was it worth it?!!

Ex is practically the bionic man! What is it with Spurs fans and knee problems? I think too many of us are too desperate to achive God like status like Lesley King and this is the closest we will get

Hope you recover quickly, hobo!

I played for years and never had a knee problem but now ...........

nothing like as bad as you two but having regular physio cos my right knee joint has been 'snapping out' of standing for years. Find it difficult to walk on a diagonal slope and few other probs to boot.

Apparently the meniscus (?) - the cartilage between the thigh and shin bones has worn away. Physio making a big difference glad to say as dont want a knee op thanks

Hope yours is on the mend Hobo

Shredded the cartilage in my knee while on exercise in the army. Two weeks in a ward - four on crutches - 8 on high power pain killers. Apparently the army has a degree of "shreddedness" that they feel doesn't require surgery but does require a medical discharge. I think it goes in line with the fact that they only give you comp if you have surgery on it.

Though from stories always popping up in the news your lucky that you woke up with both testicles.

I hope you have a speedy recovery .