Hi Guys. Hope you're all doing well | Vital Football

Hi Guys. Hope you're all doing well

GreenNeedle

Vital Squad Member
Hello folks. Long time no see. Cut a long story short I guess the Covid thing changed something in me and I didn't renew my season ticket. To be quite honest i don't go anywhere anymore. It isn't just matches. I go nowhere. lol. I turned very lazy.

I still follow results avidly. I still listen in to Snorting....aargh. lol. and yes I guess I am missing out especially if we do get there ;) in the next few games time.

Just wanted to say hi and it was nothing to do with here or anything else related to Lincoln, just life changed! for me anyway. I never got Covid but it opened my eyes up to other things. Not going in depth there.

Not saying I will never get a season ticket again because there may come a point in my life where I want to do something other than sit on a sofa but my heart is still there. I still feel the wins and losses even if just from reading a result and I will definitely get to a pub with a screen if we get to that final.

And guys. thanks for the memories. I really enjoyed the times on here. I guess I just felt a little embarrassed / ashamed to be on here when I wasn't going to the games anymore :(

UP THE IMPS and save me an Ardbeg Barney

Hello folks. Long time no see. Cut a long story short I guess the Covid thing changed something in me and I didn't renew my season ticket. To be quite honest i don't go anywhere anymore. It isn't just matches. I go nowhere. lol. I turned very lazy.

I still follow results avidly. I still listen in to Snorting....aargh. lol. and yes I guess I am missing out especially if we do get there ;) in the next few games time.

Just wanted to say hi and it was nothing to do with here or anything else related to Lincoln, just life changed! for me anyway. I never got Covid but it opened my eyes up to other things. Not going in depth there.

Not saying I will never get a season ticket again because there may come a point in my life where I want to do something other than sit on a sofa but my heart is still there. I still feel the wins and losses even if just from reading a result and I will definitely get to a pub with a screen if we get to that final.

And guys. thanks for the memories. I really enjoyed the times on here. I guess I just felt a little embarrassed / ashamed to be on here when I wasn't going to the games anymore :(

UP THE IMPS and save me an Ardbeg Barney
Welcome back, no need to apologise or justify. Hopefully you will find the pleasure in returning to the Bank all in good time. Meanwhile, what better way to remain involved than via Vitals.

If it helps any, I have stopped having a season ticket because of mobility problems but I still watch as many games as I can on i-Follow but have only been to one or two games since the start of the 2022/23 season (when I still had a season ticket) so, please, don't feel guilty because you are still a supporter!

tbh I guess the covid thing got me out of the habit of going out at all. and once we were free I was like......I quite like not going out. I am autistic so maybe it gave me confirmation I like being on my own. lol

If someone would tell my wife and kids to leave me in silence... perfection but hey ho. lol

Thanks for the kind words. I have been looking at tickets recently and then talking myself out of going out but who knows. maybe a day out in mid May at the Harrows or Plough or Gatehouse or somewhere with the kids in tow will get me back in that groove

Once an Imp, always an Imp.

It doesn’t matter if you don’t go to the games anymore. My dad didn’t go very often in his latter years but still followed each game on the radio, and read anything in print, or what he could get on his phone. He volunteered, for various things, some involving numerous other people, others just him and his brother.

As a matter of interest Stevie_imp used to regularly post, particularly on match days. Anyone know what happened to him, or why he no longer posts?

Last edited:
tbh I guess the covd thing got me out of the habit of going out at all. and onc
e we were free I was like......I quite like not going out. I am autistic so maybe it gave me confirmation I like being on my own. lol

If someone would tell my wife and kids to leave me in silence... perfection but hey ho. lol

Thanks for the kind words. I have been looking at tickets recently and then talking myself out of going out but who knows. maybe a day out in mid May at the Harrows or Plough or Gatehouse or somewhere with the kids in tow will get be back in that groove
Maybe try something familiar, informal and without time pressures or commitment. Good luck.

tbh I guess the covid thing got me out of the habit of going out at all. and once we were free I was like......I quite like not going out. I am autistic so maybe it gave me confirmation I like being on my own. lol

Thanks for the kind words. I have been looking at tickets recently and then talking myself out of going out but who knows. maybe a day out in mid May at the Harrows or Plough or Gatehouse or somewhere with the kids in tow will get me back in that groove
Wouldn't Wembley be the perfect day to return.
Whatever you do with your time, just enjoy it.

Wouldn't Wembley be the perfect day to return.
Whatever you do with your time, just enjoy it.
Lol. No. Only time I ever went to London was with my Dad in '82 when we stayed over with my Grandparents in Romford (My Nan was
born in West Ham) and to see England v Scotland U15s in about '88??? Andy Cole was in that team. and didn't I know that. lol because its also my name :)

I'm not a traveller at all in my mid life years. I liked it when I was teen to about 35 but since? Nope. I like to stay put....which annoys a Portuguese wife but there ya go. I give in and go to Portugal every couple of years or so.

But London for a game? no way Fk the southerners. lol (If my parents are reading you are excluded)

Once an Imp, always an Imp.

It doesn’t matter if you don’t go to the games anymore. My dad didn’t go very often in his latter years but still followed each game on the radio, and read anything in print, or what he could get on his phone. He volunteered, for various things, some involving numerous other people, others just him and his brother.

As a matter of interest Stevie_imp used to regularly post, particularly on match days. Anyone know what happened to him, or why he no longer posts?
Stevie is okay as far as I know, a mix of family and work pressures I believe...

Good to hear from you, I wondered where you had gone.

Do not believe for one moment that you have to be going to games to be on here.
Couldn't agree more. I manage about one game a year on average. A young family, a job with lots of travel and living in London just makes it impossible. They're my excuses, anyway. Last match was Orient away, the first time. Next one will perhaps be Wembley.

@GreenNeedle all I will say, is, if you can, get back to the Bank. I wish I could on a regular basis. You might regret not making the effort. And I sympathise with you. I enjoy my own company and being st home on my own. When I had a season ticket, I sat on my own. I often went to games alone, often still do. Occasionally, I would have a pint or two with NottyImp and a couple of other reprobates before a game. But usually I'm happiest on my own. The Internet is good for that. No-one knows who you are, you can be yourself.

Last edited:
Likewise, I might catch a match or two if I’m back home during the season. I might not post here too much but I’m always lurking in the shadows and absorbing the mood. I know nobody here personally but feel comfortable amongst you lot. @GreenNeedle You do you and no need to feel embarrassed at all, the more the merrier. And speaking of NottyImp, can anyone who knows him talk him into coming back? His colourful views are sorely missed

Good to hear from you again GreenNeedle I hope you are getting enjoyment from the Imps current form. On the flip side you missed some of the most dire, boring, non event kind of matches imaginable under Mark Kennedy so in some ways you can count yourself fortunate.
It’s a shame Notty Imp doesn’t post now too, he had a sharp wit and quite an aggressive jibe if any poster offended him……usually me to be honest.

Green Needle good to hear you on here again, do what you want at your own pace.

Hope you get back to the bank, because you can’t beat the atmosphere like when Makama scored in the last minute against LO ended up celebrating with people I don’t know the names of, but we all wanted the same thing. Take care. 👍

Don’t worry about it GN. It’s now always years between my match attendance, what with the commute and everything. But on the Vitals during match days if you want to jump in there’s usually a few regulars moaning at the ref or going mental when we score. And if you want to watch, read or listen on your own time that’s cool too. Once an Imp always an Imp and we should look after each other.

Need to get a dodgey stick mate so you can still watch!!

Covid lockdown has had that effect on a lot of folk I think .. I’m definitely far less social since!

Up the imps!

Good to hear from you and pleased that you are well.

I haven't managed any games this season - and see no reason not to post on here... Shameless, I know!

I found in lockdown that I got out for a walk quite regularly - but we do live near Flatts Woods in Barnard Castle so it was quite easy. This became a regular walk and very familiar - is there a place near you that could serve the same function, particularly with a sparsity of other folk?

As for the Ardbeg, I'm sure that I will get down to a home game or two next season and I'll gladly bring some Ardbeg with me!

Keep safe and be you!

Oh and...

Come on you Imps !!!!!!!!!!!! ©