Hi All | Vital Football

Hi All

vicman

Vital Reserves Team
Just a note to say I'm back on the site, not been too well of late but happy to report I'm now heading in a forward direction.

Firstly I must congratulate Ian on his terrific match reports, (Ian have you worked for a newspaper or tele because if not I could see a second career beckoning).

I like the tie up between Vital and HTH and the fact that it generates money for the club each time posts are read on Vital. Congrats to those who came up this idea, well done.

Results in the friendlies have been a mixed bag, really pleased with the St. Mirren result as it gave me bragging rights up here in the North of Scotland. Also 2-0 against Ramsbottom but in fairness we have to look at the level of opposition. Defense seems quite solid just now and midfield ain't too bad but I think we're a little shot-shy up front. Still early days and I know we're down a level but I think this may be our best season foe a long long while.

Right that's me and here's to another win this time against the Halifax at the Shay, a place I visited many times when I was Belle Vue supporter (speedway). Good bunch of folk up there.

All the best from the Highlands.

Apologies, Ramsbottom should read FC United of Manchester (although we did squeeze a win at Ramsbottom).

Welcome back Vicman, good to see you are getting there. We have missed you.
We may have stood next to each other at the Shay or even at the Belle Vue before they knocked it down, wonder what ever happened to all the animals that used to be in the zoo, great days!!

Thanks guys,

With regards to Belle Vue on Kirky Lane I am assured that all the animals were found good homes so no worries on that score.
Belle Vue was a haven for kids and teenagers in the sixties and seventies (not too sure which year it actually closed). I seem to remember it was in phases with the speedway last after they had secured a position at the dog track. Went there a couple of times but the atmosphere of the old wooden stadium was gone, plus for my liking there were too many foreign riders coming in and denying the young English lads coming through.

As a family it was perfect 'cause my two elder sisters would go to the ballroom for dancing, me and my mates would watch the speedway then charge into the fairground on the pull, and my little sisters were with mum and dad at the zoo till it closed for the night then onto the kids area of the fairground. At a given time we'd all meet at the chippy on Hyde Road, have a scoff then make our way home, me on my Vespa 90, big sisters on the bus and the olds and younger sisters in my dad's Reliant Regal Super (no cheap stuff for my Dad).

Happy days!!!

Latest County News