Hey Buddha - The Levellers (NG - so move along for football chat) | Vital Football

Hey Buddha - The Levellers (NG - so move along for football chat)

Detritus

Vital Squad Member
See they've rescheduled their tour for December. I'm hoping to get down to Margate to catch them. What about you?

See they've rescheduled their tour for December. I'm hoping to get down to Margate to catch them. What about you?

Not likely, mate. Not so much of a fan these days.

Loved their first couple of LPs and used to hang round at the Metway Studios back in the day when I was (loosely) involved with Schnews. But I started losing interest in them after their third or fourth album.

One thing I'll always be grateful to them for us intruding me to the song, 'The Devil went down to Georgia'. I'm not a huge Country fan but some songs are great,; I bought an old C&W record in a charity shop for 50p just for the Charlie Daniel's Band original of that particular track. Oh, that and Johnny Cash's, 'Ghost Riders in the Sky'. The rest of the record is pretty shit!

I've never been to, but have heard lots about, their Beautiful Days festival. Have you ever been to that?

Enjoy the gig (if you go). Wonder if they still play 'Battle of the Beanfield'?

Last edited:
The tour is the 30th anniversary of Levelling the Land and they'll be performing the whole album, so yeah, they'll be playing Battle of the Beanfield.

I last saw them at Paddock Wood Hop Farm back in 2012. The wife and I embarrassed the kids by dancing all through their set.

The tour is the 30th anniversary of Levelling the Land and they'll be performing the whole album, so yeah, they'll be playing Battle of the Beanfield.

I last saw them at Paddock Wood Hop Farm back in 2012. The wife and I embarrassed the kids by dancing all through their set.

30 years, bloody hell!

'Levelling the Land' is a great record. Would actually be tempted to go and see them if I knew they were gonna be predominantly playing their old stuff.

Saw them at Pilton in 1994. They were fantastic!