He’s consistent Rafa I’ll give him that. | Vital Football

He’s consistent Rafa I’ll give him that.

Is there not an argument to say he's done worse a he's had more investment in the squad this season ? (Almiron, Muto, Schar, Rondon, Fernandez, Barreca)

No he hasn't. We're still in profit haven't sold Merino Mbemba and Mitrovic. Rondon's merely replaced Gayle.

Ashley really has found the perfect manager, someone who can make a consistent turnover for him in a business he doesn’t like or understand.

Up until now but he's going to have to change for Rafa to sign a new contract. It's decision time in the summer and we'll no one way or another which direction the club is heading.

I’ve a bad feeling he’s going to stay Vin, he likes the club and will maybe still see a future here, but he’s kidding himself, this prick has no intention of selling and Rafa really needs to walk.

I don't think he'll stop without the assurances he requires. We need him, more than he needs us. He can find a better club - can we find a better manager? Pardew, Kinnear, Carver, McClaren, Allardyce and Hughton are the past incumbents.

I like using the car industry as an example to illustrate a point and I hope on this occasion it works. Other clubs have invested, NUFC has faced a net disinvestment. Rafa's achievement is along the lines of competing in the company car market against the BMW 3 series but only with a Morris Minor. Admittedly, the last transfer window gave him a leather steering wheel.

As far as i'm concerned Benitez's achievement is a remarkable one.

He chose to work for one of the biggest c*nts imaginable,one so infamous that his business practises have been debated in our parliament on more than one occasion.

A **** who was also proven to be a lying **** in a court of law.

A **** who has ripped the heart out of a Newcastle's most treasured possession in little under 12 years and in the process tried to discredit a manager/hero who served our club brilliantly.

There is absolutely NO reason or excuse for Benitez still being here,he would have to be thick as fuck to believe there is or was even the slimmest chance Ashley saw NUFC as anything other than a cash and publicity cow by the time he volunteered himself for the 3-6 million three years ago.

Yet as possibly one of Ashley's highest paid football henchmen, Rafa is afforded the luxury of the benefit of the doubt as well as unbelievably garnering sympathy for what is effectively his self induced predicament of having nowt to spend from a large portion of our support.

Remarkable indeed.

This is an angle I just dont get.Why is Rafa still here.6m reasons why.
Let's set the scene another way,if any of us was offered 6m a year to say work at the club Rafa supports,let's say Valencia.Its working for a **** of an owner just like Ashley though.Would we say no,would we fuck.We get shafted time after time but cant leave up until 6mths left on contract or we have to pay the **** of an owner 6m quid.Why give him money after the shit he has put us through.
Also why should we leave and pay or lose out on taking the **** for every penny we deserve.
Then there is the crowd,full houses every other week.Letting the **** go about his business care free,Why should we leave,we are getting well paid,these daft ***** pay him to have the piss ripped out of them,plus they think we are great,win-win.
This is where it gets interesting for me though.Contract is up.Not a fucking chance we would renew.After all we have played a blinder getting sheep to think we are great,balanced books and made a profit.Clubs will be fighting for us so we have a choice.
Over to you Rafa now.Contract is up and time to leave for pastures new.Time will tell if your on Ashley's side and have been taking the piss out of fans like Ashley has.For me,he cant renew.But that's not to say he wont.Sad thing is if he stays we on here(well most anyway)will see him for the **** he is or has become.The fans who go will see him as a hero and carry on idolising.
What a sorry state our great club has become or as it is now known as,Ashley's club.

Abroad maybe - especially In China - but not here. And he doesn’t want to leave England. When u factor that in, no, I don’t think he could earn more.

And while we're onto ***** that Paul Dummett is a right **** for working for Ashley as well as Sean Longstaff. Local lads ripping the piss out of the area. And those lasses who serve in the bars and restaurants - what a set of *****. Don't get me started on the cleaners and ticket office staff - what a set of ***** those are.

If Rafa's a **** for working for Ashley then anybody accepting his money must be a **** as well - right?

As Piemag points out it's not as though Ashley's misdemeanors haven't already been pointed out.

Without really adding anything either way to the debate, Rafa is on £5m a year here. He could get more elsewhere.
He could Toony but apparently he doesn't fancy China and as his CV shows,Europe doesn't fancy him.

*As Finn already pointed out :grinning:

Last edited:
And while we're onto ***** that Paul Dummett is a right **** for working for Ashley as well as Sean Longstaff. Local lads ripping the piss out of the area. And those lasses who serve in the bars and restaurants - what a set of *****. Don't get me started on the cleaners and ticket office staff - what a set of ***** those are.

If Rafa's a **** for working for Ashley then anybody accepting his money must be a **** as well - right?

As Piemag points out it's not as though Ashley's misdemeanors haven't already been pointed out.
The difference between Longstaff ,the cleaners ,Benitez and Et al is that one of them is instrumental in helping a prize **** bleed the club dry whilst being hailed as some sort of messiah,I doubt Jesus got 3-6 million a year or helped Pontius Pilate take the piss mind.

If you haven't noticed Rafa is a Spaniard and this fight has got fuck all to do with him. It was going on nine years before he evened rocked up.

I'm also not having because he's paid more he's more culpable. Theyr'e all part of a NUFC wholly owned by the fat pig, so are guilty by association.

The real problem is us so called supporters (myself included) who are looking for people to blame as we are a set of spineless ***** whov'e let the fat pig get away with murder.

I have to disagree vin,
it's easy to blame the fans, the same way it was easy to blame Pardew.

The real problem for me is the likes of Sky/Ashley who have tapped into the fans fanaticism and use it for their gain.

Blaming the supporters is like blaming an alcoholic or heroin addict.
That's obviously an unpopular statement on here but nonetheless true.

Ashley was getting lots of stick by the way as well as unwanted attention,spending way more than he wanted too and fearing regular relegation before Benitez turned up......he's been the glue the last few seasons.

Ashley would have a much harder job without him,fair do's that he's doing a job and getting paid well for it but he's a **** for playing politics as KK would say with supporters who are not renowned for using the grey matter that exists in their craniums.

Pie the only ones to blame and the only ones that can get rid or help to get rid of Ashley are the fans.If Benitez isn't here someone else will be.Who is to say they wont do a better job.Thats what it is a job.Why should any manager employed by Ashley give a shit about the club.The fans claim they do but still turn up,look at Blackpool.Different circumstances but they didn't go to games,why cant our fans stop going.Manager,coach,players,kit man,tea man etc just a job.Getting paid.Cant turn jobs down in this day and age.Fans they pay for the privilege of this shit.Far worse and we all know it.

I have to agree Marky. If we get a new manager he's a collaborator by just signing the contract whereas he's merely doing the job he's paid to do. Typical Newcastle fans who are ready to blame everybody but themselves.

The players, staff and manager ars not to blame in this instance.