Here we go! | Page 1616 | Vital Football

Here we go!

This makes for grim reading.
People think they will be worse off under Labour.
They think they would be worse off even worse under the tories.

There's fuck all confidence in either party.
hard to be worse of in reality or are folk not as bad off as they suggest?
Might well be better off in a few years tho with some of the basics actually functioning

I not sure why the chin emoticon-those people have left , adios, auf wiedersehen, arrivedeci, au revoir, goodbye...never to pay a tax pound in our coffers again...
But, if you're claiming that's a bad thing because tax revenues into our coffers will be lower, that obviously has to be weighed against how much more tax the ones who remained paid. Giving only one side of the story is meaningless (perhaps deliberately on the part of the Telegraph).

This is Andy Street MP's latest election literature.

Screenshot_20240425_175111_Reddit.jpg
He's a Tory MP by the way. I recognise that there is no way you would know that from the branding he has chosen to use. Curious choice

This is Andy Street MP's latest election literature.

View attachment 72845
He's a Tory MP by the way. I recognise that there is no way you would know that from the branding he has chosen to use. Curious choice
I think a lot of them have been doing that for awhile now. Ours certainly has, noticed it last year when a flyer came through the door. Looked like it was for the Green Party.
Had to really look to find any references to The Conservative Party on it, think I found one in small print.
I assume they are all doing it in marginal seats.
Has the Tory party ever been so ashamed by itself that it’s had to mimic other parties?

But, if you're claiming that's a bad thing because tax revenues into our coffers will be lower, that obviously has to be weighed against how much more tax the ones who remained paid. Giving only one side of the story is meaningless (perhaps deliberately on the part of the Telegraph).
Bloody hell.....the ones remaining will be paying whatever tax they were going to pay. The ones that are leaving wont be....irrespective of whether the ones are staying might be paying more (not confirmed) the ones who left will be paying zilch, zip, nada, zero, nowt

That's what happens when you get into bed with climate "emergency" alarmists
I get the feeling this is another phrase you have lifted from the Daily Mail or Daily Telegraph opinion columns.

There is a climate emergency. Just because you aren't yet living underwater does not negate that.

If your house was flooded from a leak, you would go to the stop tap, turn off the water, then started cleaning up the water, call a plumber and then start with insurance and getting workmen in to repair damage. The whole thing would likely take weeks to fix entirely. That would be a domestic emergency and I think this is the scale you are thinking of.

The serious effects of climate change are only a few decades away- within current lifetimes- and the worst effects not far beyond that. The nightmare scenario becomes a cycle that cannot be stopped.

Turning the oil tanker of climate takes decades at least. Changing the behaviours in order to turn that tanker will also take decades. We don't have many decades to do both.

Don't take the piss out of people just because they can see beyond the nose at the end of their face.