Here we go! | Page 1609 | Vital Football

Here we go!

They will be hopping up down with glee that they’ve been shut down, otherwise no one would give a fuck what a load of homophobic racist Christian **** boomers would have to say about anything as it’d just be the same old rubbish about the Muslims & gay marriage & the woke now they get to act like they’re oppressed despite some utter bullshit about Christchurch, abortion & gay marriage from boring *****

They will be hopping up down with glee that they’ve been shut down, otherwise no one would give a fuck what a load of homophobic racist Christian **** boomers would have to say about anything as it’d just be the same old rubbish about the Muslims & gay marriage & the woke now they get to act like they’re oppressed despite some utter bullshit about Christchurch, abortion & gay marriage from boring *****
Unfortunately, the people publicly celebrating Farage's latest tribulation, have not heard of the "Streisand Effect".

The Left and the EU for you

Except it was the local mayor that stopped it, not the Belgian PM (who has said it was unacceptable), and certainly not the EU.

Presume you are now in favour of that left wing PM, and Belgium in general, and will retract the suggestion that the Left and the EU shut it down?

Unfortunately, the people publicly celebrating Farage's latest tribulation, have not heard of the "Streisand Effect".
Why should anyone give a shit about a conference in Belgium and whether or not it goes ahead?
Unless you can think of some twisted, bizarre way to blame it on the EU.
'Tis the Brexit thread after all I suppose.

Why should anyone give a shit about a conference in Belgium and whether or not it goes ahead?
Unless you can think of some twisted, bizarre way to blame it on the EU.
'Tis the Brexit thread after all I suppose.
They shouldn't. That's my point.
Nobody knew it was going ahead, until the daft Mayor decided to have a brain-fart.
Now we all know.

Nobody knew it was going ahead, until the daft Mayor decided to have a brain-fart.
Now we all know.
Hmm...
I'm not sure keeping the conference out of the news was his objective as much as getting all the right wing nutters out of his town or city or wherever it was.

Hmm...
I'm not sure keeping the conference out of the news was his objective as much as getting all the right wing nutters out of his town or city or wherever it was.
That's correct. The Streisand Effect.
Unintended consequences of his actions.

Jeez, it's like talking with a 3 year old!

That's correct. The Streisand Effect.
Unintended consequences of his actions.

Jeez, it's like talking with a 3 year old!
You're failing to see my point.
The mayor doesn't care about the streisand effect because it doesn't actually have any effect here.
Why should he care what a bunch of newspapers say about it? He ALREADY showed he doesn't care what right wing nutters think about it by shutting the thing down. The only people who are up in arms are more of the same people with the same blah blah blah opinions.

All this fake outrage is doing is proving why someone in charge of a region wouldn't want those people there to begin with, thus further supporting his point.

Do you see this as some kind of media victory for the right, or that he was secretly, sneakily trying to hide what he was doing?

Now we all know.

Yes & that was exactly my point, now the loonies, fruitcakes, Christian’s & ant vaxxers that made up that snide little conference can act all oppressed they’ll be tugging their lil nobs in excitement

Yes & that was exactly my point, now the loonies, fruitcakes, Christian’s & ant vaxxers that made up that snide little conference can act all oppressed they’ll be tugging their lil nobs in excitement
All aided and abetted by the very person/people that wanted it stopping.
The act of trying to silence them, actually gives them a larger audience. This paradox is so well known, I'm always shocked when people think the opposite.
I, like 99% of the population had no idea this weird Belgian conference was taking place; now most of us do and for reasons that have been hijacked by Farage, et al.

Some folks are crazy!

Say hello to this week's Tory MP that has quit and may force a by election.

Even by the current extreme standards of Tory sleaze this one is a cracker.

Ringing up a 74 year old at 3am saying "I've got in with bad people who won't let me leave and I need to or they will hurt me".

74 year old takes him the ransom money from her own ISA, but it costs 6.5k to release him by then.

He then pays her back from campaign funds, illegally.

But, but, but, Angela Raynor's council house!!

Ringing up a 74 year old at 3am saying "I've got in with bad people who won't let me leave and I need to or they will hurt me".

74 year old takes him the ransom money from her own ISA, but it costs 6.5k to release him by then.

Yes but a it would have been an even older women and even higher ransom if it were a Labour MP!!

It's an extraordinary story and that's before you hear that he had a fight with someone who accused him of getting a dog so drunk that it needed a vet. Reportedly he was just filming it.

Except it was the local mayor that stopped it, not the Belgian PM (who has said it was unacceptable), and certainly not the EU.

Presume you are now in favour of that left wing PM, and Belgium in general, and will retract the suggestion that the Left and the EU shut it down?
No I wont retract it one bit. All part of the same machinery...incredible what a bit of embarrassment/backlash can do. I suspect the Belgian PM went running to to the EU Commission for guidance and they said (whilst agreeing that Nigel bad, Suella bad) it might not be a great look to suppress freedom of speech just yet whilst their own popularity isnt that great