Here we go! | Page 1357 | Vital Football

Here we go!

The idea of Tommy Robinson patriotically and very sensibly defending the Cenotaph from the police by throwing bottles at them brings back a certain nostalgia.

Trying to get my head round this. So, there's an anti-war protest against a war that our country is supporting and had a hand in starting. The protest is on Armistice Day which from an optics point of view makes sense as it commemorates the end of 'The War to End All Wars." There is a pro-war riot breaking up the anti-war protest which has seemingly been inadvertently instigated by our own government but now the government controlled police have to break up the government backed riot supporting the government backed war. The rioters are singing "England till I die."

What a fucking confused country lol.
The word ‘inadvertently’ seems to be doing a lot of work in your first paragraph there, but remove that and i fully agree.

i can't see a single poppy being worn by the ingrates on the Palestine march.
Without the sacrifice of us and our Allies, 90% of them would not even be in this country.
Anyone who disrespects the remembrance of our dead needs certifying; it is not a political thing.

i can't see a single poppy being worn by the ingrates on the Palestine march.
Without the sacrifice of us and our Allies, 90% of them would not even be in this country.
Anyone who disrespects the remembrance of our dead needs certifying; it is not a political thing.
Do they have to wear a poppy?

I mean, is it legal and allowed for them not to be? Are we free enough in this country to be allowed that choice?

I see two groups in London. One apparently peaceful but apparently rarely wearing poppies. One has been violent and disorderly but maybe more of them are. Which one is displaying British values?

Think you are confused as well. The two world wars and sacrifice were for ourselves, not them. They would not have been bothered by either world war if not for the countries that had colonised them being Europeans who were fighting each other.

I mean, is it legal and allowed for them not to be? Are we free enough in this country to be allowed that choice?

I see two groups in London. One apparently peaceful but apparently rarely wearing poppies. One has been violent and disorderly but maybe more of them are. Which one is displaying British values?

The violent group are the ones displaying the most British values.

it is simply a mark of respect, and gratitude for the war dead.
We have given succour to many diverse peoples, a tiny bit of thankfulness would help enormously with integration, don't you think?

We have given succour to many diverse peoples, a tiny bit of thankfulness would help enormously with integration, don't you think?
You don't have to wear it then? To show respect?

I'm not wearing one right now. It's on my work blazer, forgot to transfer it onto my coat.

I did a two minute silence though, without smashing London up or clashing with police like a degenerate c***.

Am I showing enough respect there or am I an enemy for not wearing my bit of red paper right now?

A group of eejits up for a fight, do not represent British values,
if people tried a bit harder to integrate, there would be less friction.

So British values involve violence, disorder and throwing things at the police?
Yep ideally it should be plastic garden furniture & beer bottles you should be somewhere on the continent ideally Spain, France or Germany you should be wearing only shorts & trainers, have been drinking since breakfast screaming about no surrender, German bombers & Ingerland

Personally I think the concept of British values is remarkably stupid.
Any values we have in common are as much or more to do with it being 2023 than anything specifically British.
Respect for war veterans certainly isn't a British value. Its a value but there's nothing specifically British about it.

Trying to get my head round this. So, there's an anti-war protest against a war that our country is supporting and had a hand in starting. The protest is on Armistice Day which from an optics point of view makes sense as it commemorates the end of 'The War to End All Wars." There is a pro-war riot breaking up the anti-war protest which has seemingly been inadvertently instigated by our own government but now the government controlled police have to break up the government backed riot supporting the government backed war. The rioters are singing "England till I die."

What a fucking confused country lol.

That's actually a much more unstandable nonsense than many others in nut nut Britain chap.

Personally I think the concept of British values is remarkably stupid.
Any values we have in common are as much or more to do with it being 2023 than anything specifically British.
Respect for war veterans certainly isn't a British value. Its a value but there's nothing specifically British about it.

A group of eejits up for a fight, do not represent British values,
if people tried a bit harder to integrate, there would be less friction.
These rioters certainly do not represent the ‘British Values’ I believe in. Sewageyeller and Tommy Johnson and random skinhead thugs are not the ‘best of British’ in any sense of those words.

A peaceful protest to highlight the governmental support for foreign war criminality is my idea of where the best of British values should be viewed.

The British have conquered and taken advantage of many diverse peoples. Not sure who we've given succour to but the other list is long.

The British have conquered and taken advantage of many diverse peoples. Not sure who we've given succour to but the other list is long.
Off the top of my head: Hugenots, Ugandan Asians, Caribbean, Hong Kong, Pakistan, india, Sri Lanka, South Africa, irish, Jews, and probably more.
Many came to work, but chose to remain rather than go back.

I was thinking about this.

Expecting Palestinian or middle eastern immigrants to wear a symbol commemorating our war dead is downright bizarre.

If I went to live in America I would not expect to take part in Thanksgiving, independece day or veterans Day.

I think that if I went to live in any other country and they ran a remembrance day for wars 50+ years ago that had nothing to do with my country or me, I don't think I would wear their equivalent of a poppy either and would feel confused that I was expected to. I would feel a downright fraud doing it. They wouldn't be my ancestors?