There may be a lot more explaining to do on this one Popey

View attachment 66767

Wait, no, I've just found this, between the CEO of Coutt's and an underling
iphone-dXnN.png

View attachment 66767
After extensive, 5 second googling I have managed to unearth this

https://www.coutts.com/become-a-client/private-form.html

For those who can't be arsed to click, it is the Coutts website. It clearly says you need £3m in savings or £1m in loans to open an account and it asks you if you have these before proceeding with your enquiry. It really couldn't be clearer.

Like I say to students, "just because you've managed to go a week without anyone noticing you breaking the particular rule you've been breaking, doesn't mean the rule has disappeared. I've noticed it now so I'm sanctioning now".

Once Farage rejected a standard current account, his playing the victim was completely over to anyone who isn't completely blinded by one thing or another.

View attachment 66767

Do you genuinely believe that Nigel Farage is being oppressed by some anti growth, leftwaffe conspiracy caused by a woke mind virus?
Which for some reason is being orchestrated by those famous left wingers people high up in the banking industry?

Or is it that he’s had dealings with Aaron Banks & other shady funding streams, where there are many questions to answer but only channel 4 news have even bothered asking some of them. Also if your account is cancelled or downgraded then it’s probably not best practice to go shouting about it on Twitter & niche right wing news channels that are being questioned by regulators & are seen as incompetent by professionals & an echo chamber by almost everyone.

Further to all of this does it serve Nigel Farage & his political allies that everything is the fault of banks who repress him as well as those bloody immigrants we still haven’t got rid of.

So before 2016, according to Farage he had enough money to maintain an account with Coutts, meaning he met their minimum requirements.
And now he doesn’t.

Wonder what changed?

B12D4CEB-E850-4230-BD97-71F87FA7A124.gif

Do you genuinely believe that Nigel Farage is being oppressed by some anti growth, leftwaffe conspiracy caused by a woke mind virus?
Which for some reason is being orchestrated by those famous left wingers people high up in the banking industry?

Or is it that he’s had dealings with Aaron Banks & other shady funding streams, where there are many questions to answer but only channel 4 news have even bothered asking some of them. Also if your account is cancelled or downgraded then it’s probably not best practice to go shouting about it on Twitter & niche right wing news channels that are being questioned by regulators & are seen as incompetent by professionals & an echo chamber by almost everyone.

Further to all of this does it serve Nigel Farage & his political allies that everything is the fault of banks who repress him as well as those bloody immigrants we still haven’t got rid of.
This issue is much bigger than Farage. Loathe him as alot do other Coutts account holders have come forward saying they have below the account minimum but havent lost their accounts. Also he didnt name the Bank but the bank got in touch with various media outlets and it was reported it was Coutts apparently. Also I have read reports that certain cultural groups are lobbying banks to shut down opponents of their particular groups. I believe an investigation is required as this has the smell of more cancel culture

This issue is much bigger than Farage. Loathe him as alot do other Coutts account holders have come forward saying they have below the account minimum but havent lost their accounts. Also he didnt name the Bank but the bank got in touch with various media outlets and it was reported it was Coutts apparently. Also I have read reports that certain cultural groups are lobbying banks to shut down opponents of their particular groups. I believe an investigation is required as this has the smell of more cancel culture
Just goes to show that even when someone is proven to be lying, people will still believe them if its convenient.

Just goes to show that even when someone is proven to be lying, people will still believe them if its convenient.
who has been proved to be lying? The Treasury have ordered an investigation into this so lets see what that comes up with. Its the possible principle here thats the issue not the individual conncerened

who has been proved to be lying? The Treasury have ordered an investigation into this so lets see what that comes up with. Its the possible principle here thats the issue not the individual conncerened
There is no issue.
Farage insinuated that he was no longer able to have a bank account in the UK.
We've since found out he was offered a Natwest account and rejected it.
Its bloody ridiculous to make up some sort of woke banking sector conspiracy. The banking sector is definitely not woke.
If the government wants to order an investigation into why some guy wasn't allowed massive privilege after a breaking a bank's rules then fine. They'll end up looking stupid though.

Farage has.

His claims were false. He has even backtracked on some of them.

The treasury are investigating for political reasons, in the sense that it is an "anti-woke" opportunity. There won't be any actual investigating because there is nothing to investigate

Farage has.

The treasury are investigating for political reasons, in the sense that it is an "anti-woke" opportunity. There won't be any actual investigating because there is nothing to investigate

Plus even if there was there still wont be any actual investigating because this incompetent and corrupt govt doesnt like scrutiny of any kind.

Farage has.

I honestly don't know where we've got to as a country if a luxury banking corporation like Coutts - one of the oldest banks in the world - a bank established to serve as a clearing bank for nobility, can be classified as 'woke'?

Fucking hell.

I honestly don't know where we've got to as a country if a luxury banking corporation like Coutts - one of the oldest banks in the world - a bank established to serve as a clearing bank for nobility, can be classified as 'woke'?

Fucking hell.
I think that's an excellent point, and it isn't until someone actually makes it that the absurdity of what is being said hits you

I think that's an excellent point, and it isn't until someone actually makes it that the absurdity of what is being said hits you

If he really was being denied banking for those reasons, why isn't he also then being investigated for treason for accepting money from a foreign government or actors connected to a foreign government that could be rightly considered as an enemy state in order to deliberately destabilise our country for his own personal financial gain?

There is no issue.
Farage insinuated that he was no longer able to have a bank account in the UK.
We've since found out he was offered a Natwest account and rejected it.
Its bloody ridiculous to make up some sort of woke banking sector conspiracy. The banking sector is definitely not woke.
If the government wants to order an investigation into why some guy wasn't allowed massive privilege after a breaking a bank's rules then fine. They'll end up looking stupid though.
You may well be right but we will see. This isnt a matter of breaking rules if others are identified as not having the minimum amount but still keeping their accounts. That needs to be established. Presumably if his funds fell below the minimum he or any other account holder with that bank who also fell below the minimum would be issued a warning notice? Also this isnt about a conspiracy either but concerns over account holders who are designated as a PEP (politically exposed person) and as a result losing or not being able to access the type of accounts they want to and who designates someone as a PEP?

You may well be right but we will see. This isnt a matter of breaking rules if others are identified as not having the minimum amount but still keeping their accounts. That needs to be established. Presumably if his funds fell below the minimum he or any other account holder with that bank who also fell below the minimum would be issued a warning notice? Also this isnt about a conspiracy either but concerns over account holders who are designated as a PEP (politically exposed person) and as a result losing or not being able to access the type of accounts they want to and who designates someone as a PEP?
As far as i know people in this country do NOT have the right to have access to whichever type of bank account they want.
People should absolutely have the right to hold a bank account, but as far as i know there aren't any issues there..

There is a criteria used by financial institutions to determine a PEP.

I know someone who is a Lord and even his teenage son is struggling to get a bank account in the UK.

As far as i know people in this country do NOT have the right to have access to whichever type of bank account they want.
People should absolutely have the right to hold a bank account, but as far as i know there aren't any issues there..
agreed but I should have added not being disbarred as a result of being designated as a PEP

There is a criteria used by financial institutions to determine a PEP.

I know someone who is a Lord and even his teenage son is struggling to get a bank account in the UK.
Not Lebedev then. He only has (/had) a wolf.
Called Boris.

Not named after that Boris, the one that ennobled him despite ...everything, but after Boris Yeltsin.

As far as I am aware it’s a simple case of what type of account you want/need. The more ‘perks’ you want, the more conditions there will be.

Farage as an example can shop around to his heart’s content but he doesn’t have the right to ignore the conditions.

As for people saying they don’t have £3m and they are still account holders - what do they think will happen? Is it more likely that they will reinstate Farage’s account or take a look at the person making the claim…?