Here we go! | Page 196 | Vital Football

Here we go!

There is the fundamental issue that everyone wants the Government to spend more on things like the NHS, transport, housing and the like. However, everyone wants someone else to pay for it.
No, I'm quite happy for progressive taxation to pay for it. That would likely include me to some extent. I'd rather they made the big companies pay their fair share though, since that would utterly dwarf my contributions to the point of complete insignificance.

Just one example:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54082273

Amazon paid £6.3m corporation tax in 2019.

Last edited:
No, I'm quite happy for progressive taxation to pay for it. That would likely include me to some extent. I'd rather they made the big companies pay their fair share though, since that would utterly dwarf my contributions to the point of complete insignificance.

Just one example:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54082273

Amazon paid £6.3m corporation tax in 2019.

Anything that's French should be taxed*, that particularly includes gravy that is called 'jus' and all bottled water with the Alps embossed on them.

*Except wine, Champagne and Kronenbourg.

Anything that's French should be taxed*, that particularly includes gravy that is called 'jus' and all bottled water with the Alps embossed on them.

*Except wine, Champagne and Kronenbourg.
Airbus?

Bottled water in the EU (where there are regulations to ensure tap water is safe (#thanks EU) should be taxed to the point nobody can afford it at all.

Airbus?

Bottled water in the EU (where there are regulations to ensure tap water is safe (#thanks EU) should be taxed to the point nobody can afford it at all.

It's almost criminal that a) People bottle it and sell it in plastic containers, and b) People spend money on it.

When eating out I always ask for some tap water, a couple of big jugs helps with the meal.

There is the fundamental issue that everyone wants the Government to spend more on things like the NHS, transport, housing and the like. However, everyone wants someone else to pay for it.
Actually on second read I think this is even more ridiculous in the context of the budget.

It is far from unreasonable to say the government should pay NHS staff more and I don't think it can be brushed off with the "running out of other people's money" nonsense. I haven't verified this but I read that the 1% for nurses, who have been on the front line of a once in a century pandemic, comes to about 80-odd million. That's half of a single contract for duff PPE the government has wasted. Piss poor.

Or should we talk about the £37 BILLION wasted on 'NHS' test and trace? That is surely one of the biggest misspends of public money ever in the history* of the world (*paging Pope for historical confirmation). I think there is a reasonable debate/conversation to be had about whether it was worth £37 million, with strong arguments on both sides. £37 billion is an utter outrage.

Actually on second read I think this is even more ridiculous in the context of the budget.

It is far from unreasonable to say the government should pay NHS staff more and I don't think it can be brushed off with the "running out of other people's money" nonsense. I haven't verified this but I read that the 1% for nurses, who have been on the front line of a once in a century pandemic, comes to about 80-odd million. That's half of a single contract for duff PPE the government has wasted. Piss poor.

Or should we talk about the £37 BILLION wasted on 'NHS' test and trace? That is surely one of the biggest misspends of public money ever in the history* of the world (*paging Pope for historical confirmation). I think there is a reasonable debate/conversation to be had about whether it was worth £37 million, with strong arguments on both sides. £37 billion is an utter outrage.

Difficult to disagree with any of that.

Difficult to disagree with any of that.
The wastage on T&T is just so mind bogglingly far beyond anything else I'm having difficulty grasping the enormity of it.

To then bicker about 1% for the NHS and send Nadine Dorries out to defend that derisory offer, is in such poor taste it makes me wretch.

(They could give a million NHS staff £37,000 each for that, which would then be recycled back into the economy, doing far more good than T&T!)

Reminds me of:
Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

It's almost criminal that a) People bottle it and sell it in plastic containers, and b) People spend money on it.

When eating out I always ask for some tap water, a couple of big jugs helps with the meal.
I thought you'd changed the subject for a minute...

I thought you'd changed the subject for a minute...

Talking of all things titular, why does fruit have so many 'phnrrs'?

Nice big melons
Big juicy pair
Ooh, me plums.
''ave you got any Anusol? Me bum grapes are killin' me'**

**Not too funny that, apparently.

people have already/are paying for it tho, thats a fundamental. Theres enough money in the pot, The inequality is largely due to those funds/taxes have been wasted, stolen and unequally distributed.

Talking of all things titular, why does fruit have so many 'phnrrs'?

Nice big melons
Big juicy pair
Ooh, me plums.
''ave you got any Anusol? Me bum grapes are killin' me'**

**Not too funny that, apparently.
I admit that despite being an adult, if I have a banana in public Im breaking it into small pieces