Help please...tele' advice | Vital Football

Help please...tele' advice

Birdys

Vital 1st Team Regular
Been with Virgin for years (tele', broadband & landline). Decided just have a provider for broadband (poss' Virgin) but not tele' or l'line.
Does anyone know owt about Amazon Firesticks or NowTV thingys? Just to try & increase our TV choice. Any info' gratefully received but PLEASE bear in mind I'm a techoidiot.
birdys. :17:

Im nee help Mr B but check these links, they may be of use.

https://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/guides/broadband/without-phone-line

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/127636-which-is-the-best-movie-streaming-box-for-under-100-apple-tv-vs-fire-tv-vs-chromecast-2-and-more

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/126129-which-is-the-best-movie-streaming-service-in-the-uk-netflix-vs-amazon-prime-vs-now-tv-and-more

https://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/tv

Want to keep costs as low as poss'. Prob' happy with 'ordinary' terrestrial tele but wondered what the Firestick &/or NowTV might add, if owt.
Thanks for reply though.

Android box/firestick and Kodi would be my best advice . Plenty of "wizards" you can use if your not tech savvy to help you and lots of youtube vids showing you exactly what to do .

Aye as keggy says get a android box as long as you have the internet just plug the Ethernet cable into the android box and your good to go mate. Ive been trying to get my parents to knock virgin media on the head because they will offer you a good deal if you threaten to leave.

I'd recommend an android box as well. £30quid for a good'un on Gearbest. If you want a really fancy android box, then I'd suggest an Nvidia Shield.

I also used to have Virgin media.. then sky and then BT but in the end I just got sick of paying their high bills each and every month so I fucked them off and got in plusnet and bought myself an android box. we still have freeview for the usual stuff, but anything else we watch on the android box through Kodi. we aren't losing out on anything by doing it this way.. in fact we're gaining more and saving an absolute fortune in the process. you can also install another canny app on an andoid box called Mobdro and its got like all live channels on that including American channels.

more and more people are doing this. although not everyone can get away with it.. one of my own family members tried it out because he was tired of sky high bills, but he ended up getting his sky sub back in cause he said after he'd watched something on kodi he was like what now.. and liked having channels on in the background.. even though he could have tried Mobdro or just had freeview on in the background, i said you must be fucking stupid.

Worth looking up a box called SLY, plugs into your Sky aerial, you get everything as well, costs about £120 for the box, and a yearly fee of £40.00.

menu structure is exactly the same as sky, so a piece of piss to use, and you get every channel.

Waiting for mine at moment.

Darkie - 30/9/2016 00:35

I'd recommend an android box as well. £30quid for a good'un on Gearbest. If you want a really fancy android box, then I'd suggest an Nvidia Shield.

I also used to have Virgin media.. then sky and then BT but in the end I just got sick of paying their high bills each and every month so I fucked them off and got in plusnet and bought myself an android box. we still have freeview for the usual stuff, but anything else we watch on the android box through Kodi. we aren't losing out on anything by doing it this way.. in fact we're gaining more and saving an absolute fortune in the process. you can also install another canny app on an andoid box called Mobdro and its got like all live channels on that including American channels.

more and more people are doing this. although not everyone can get away with it.. one of my own family members tried it out because he was tired of sky high bills, but he ended up getting his sky sub back in cause he said after he'd watched something on kodi he was like what now.. and liked having channels on in the background.. even though he could have tried Mobdro or just had freeview on in the background, i said you must be fucking stupid.
Can you get Mobdro on any android box mate ?

Sir Laz - 3/10/2016 08:16

Darkie - 30/9/2016 00:35

Can you get Mobdro on any android box mate ?

Yeah and on android phones. it's not on the Google Play Store though. you have to use the browser and manually download and install the app. also having to have the settings to allow the installation of apps from unknown sources.

So its just a modified sky box guy seems a bit risky mate how the hell can sky not block them. good on people if they can get it all for £150.

Don't know BBC, suppose as the box does not officially talk to sky, just takes the signal, I am sure the internet connection looks after any encryption etc... Mine due on Friday.

There's supposed to have been a new kodi update called something like 'The Beast' which gets you everything quicker. Dont know much more as I dont have a box.