Hawks and plantar fasciitis | Vital Football

Hawks and plantar fasciitis

alex_farrells_left_peg

Vital Squad Member
Just wanted to say that Hawks seriously has my best wishes if he is suffering with plantar fasciitis. I had a problem with that a few years ago (it just turned up unexpectedly and ruined my days for a long, long time). Symptoms are.... every time your heel touches the ground you think that you are stepping on a marble and it is unrelenting. In my case I ended up with custom made insert soles with extra padding under the heel which worked, sort of, but didn't stop the pain completely. Eventually I woke up one day and there it was, gone! Extremely painful and I hope the guys looking after him medically get on top of it quickly.

Last edited:
Mrs Anchorian is suffering from the same condition. Very painful for her so the very best wishes for Hawks for a speedy resolution for him.

Not a condition I am familiar with but I definitely know how painful arthritis can be.Just hope and pray he can make a full recovery.Best wishes Ollie.

Mrs Anchorian is suffering from the same condition. Very painful for her so the very best wishes for Hawks for a speedy resolution for him.
My best wishes to Mrs Anchorian and should she be looking for some relief while walking, there are also ankle stockings with a silicon insert which does help alittle. It is perhaps better to visit an Ostopath before spending your money on something that only works halfheartedly.

That explains the mystery of a heel injury that initially they thought would only keep him out for a few days, great shame for us as we need the different option he brings up front. Hope he’s not in too much pain and they can find a solution promptly.

I used to get something called shin splints when playing on hard ground pre season.
Bloody painful.
If his problem is similar, he has total sympathy.

That explains the mystery of a heel injury that initially they thought would only keep him out for a few days, great shame for us as we need the different option he brings up front. Hope he’s not in too much pain and they can find a solution promptly.
....especially now we have a winger who might enable a Hawks, on the front foot, to attack good crosses.

I used to get something called shin splints when playing on hard ground pre season.
Bloody painful.
If his problem is similar, he has total sympathy.
Strange that i only used to get that some mornings. Andy Cole used to have that problem.

My best wishes to Mrs Anchorian and should she be looking for some relief while walking, there are also ankle stockings with a silicon insert which does help alittle. It is perhaps better to visit an Ostopath before spending your money on something that only works halfheartedly.
Many thanks. We'll give it a try. Hope you stay well also.

Yep, I very much doubt we'll see him on the pitch this side of Feb/March - and possibly not all season. Real shame.

It’s ok, Walker also returned in the Millwall game!

(Although the above is a bit sarcastic, I wouldn’t mind seeing him get a run from the bench in games we’re two-up. But I’d like to know what it’s like to be two-up first).

It’s ok, Walker also returned in the Millwall game!

(Although the above is a bit sarcastic, I wouldn’t mind seeing him get a run from the bench in games we’re two-up. But I’d like to know what it’s like to be two-up first).
There definitely is a argument for players like Lewis Walker to be able to move on loan between transfer windows?
I would definitely be in favour of a change which allows players who haven't been in their teams squad for a extended amount of time to go out on loan.He is fortunate that we now have a B team.

There definitely is a argument for players like Lewis Walker to be able to move on loan between transfer windows?
I would definitely be in favour of a change which allows players who haven't been in their teams squad for a extended amount of time to go out on loan.He is fortunate that we now have a B team.
I may be wrong here but I think he can still go on loan to a non-league club as they don’t have transfer windows.

Ominous :

Sounds like we`re going to need a Hawks replacement come January.

Really disappointed for the lad and disappointed for the team and fans too as we desperately need the option of the Hawk, especially away. We were fine on Saturday against a pretty average Morecambe side at home with the attacking options we had, but away and in more difficult games at home, we desperately need the big man option up top.

I have to say that it wasn't rocket science (and it's not hindsight as a lot of us pointed it our at the time) that we desperately needed a big target man in the transfer window with uncertainty about Hawkins' fitness. And even if he was fully fit, given the way Harris plays, I would have thought a back-up for Hawkins was a must regardless. Really poor business from the cast of thousands dedicated to transfers in the transfer window, which sadly they'll need to put right in January, but how many points will it cost us in the interim?

Really poor business from the cast of thousands dedicated to transfers in the transfer window, which sadly they'll need to put right in January, but how many points will it cost us in the interim?

Unless there's an out-of-contract player out there who can do a job for us until the window opens again.