Have Fans Forgotten | Vital Football

Have Fans Forgotten

The Owl

Vital 1st Team Regular
This is the level we should be at not mid table.
93/94 - 3rd
94/95 - 6th
95/96 - 2nd
96/97 - 2nd

2001/2002 - 4th
2002/2003 - 3rd
2003/2004 - 5th.

Before anyone says yes but there have been bad times, we all know that but your aim should be at the top not midtable and the above proved it can be done with a quality Manager and we came so close. At least the hierarchy in those days for all their faults had ambition.

The problem with the current incuntant, is it would take an investment of maybe 50m tops (for that our scouting network would get 4 very good players) that would put us back into the top-four bracket.

He has the funds, but won't do it.

What is equally mindbending, is that if he invested that 50m, he'd get it back in no time in prize money etc.

Fat fucker can't see the wood for the trees.

Kim, with the warped economics of the premier League, ie you just need to be in it to win, there's a whole host of clubs who just don't bother competing but are there just to make up the numbers. The premier league is full of parasites along for the ride. Sport for me is about competition, true competition, and not having any pre-conceived ideas about who is going to win. The predictability has gone out of most games in the Prem League now - you just know that on average, a clutch of 4-5 clubs are going to get the points most of the time, leaving the rest to fight amongst themselves.

Man City - people banging on about them scoring over 100 goals already as if it is something to be celebrated - it ain't, it's a damning indictment of the state of the Premier League, the teams they come up against most weeks are simply uncompetitive.

Does anyone know the finances for each league position and for the cups as well.
Surely a successful team would claw back some outlay, but as you say Ashley does not see that.
He is not a fan and merely uses us as a stepping stone and free advertising for other interests.
It could be any side out therei on the pitch, Hall and Freddie should have seen him coming. Keegan summed him up perfectly.

The Owl - 24/1/2014 19:50

Does anyone know the finances for each league position and for the cups as well.
Surely a successful team would claw back some outlay, but as you say Ashley does not see that.
He is not a fan and merely uses us as a stepping stone and free advertising for other interests.
It could be any side out therei on the pitch, Hall and Freddie should have seen him coming. Keegan summed him up perfectly.

Here's last year's premier league prizes. Add £30 million to each position for this season and that doesn't include cups.

I have been hypnotised by the subliminal messages going around the ground.

I can only remember the McGarry and Smith days now.

I only sing Pardew is our king. He is fucking t'riffic. Ashley has really turned the finances around.

Que sera sera, whatever will be will be. We're happy with solvency. Que sera sera.

Instead of £0.8m per place it'll be nearer £2m. You'd think that would be incentive enough to push on, as well as the extra money gained from a higher number of TV appearances, not to mention the extra exposure for his tat brand.

It's (English football) has never been any different to now, Taff.

A clutch of 4 or 5 potential winners, slightly changing over time.

Platinii - 24/1/2014 19:59

Instead of £0.8m per place it'll be nearer £2m. You'd think that would be incentive enough to push on, as well as the extra money gained from a higher number of TV appearances, not to mention the extra exposure for his tat brand.

That exposure is what's killing the club.

You can't even guess a figure because one good brand attached to us could attract another like a snowball effect.

All I can say is that there can't be any clever billionaires out there who can see the potential here.

Straight away if they bought us, the merchandise income would rise on the back of a new shirt deal, takings would be up in the bars/kiosks and that's before they rip down the shite direct signs and attract new ones.

Premier league = gold mine for companies. Ashley is limiting us from even reaching the start line.

Totally agree and thats what puzzles me. We should be a prime target for a takeover above any other club and yet nothing. I can only think Ashley does want to sell until he has creamed off all the tv money etc, or he has had offers and not made them public, or he is asking too big a price.
52,000 every week, merchandise sales rocketing, untapped potential in other areas sponsorship etc. What more does a potential mid east or American owner want.? Baffling

This just got me thinking, if someone did start singing:
"Que sera sera, whatever will be will be. We're happy with solvency. Que sera sera."
How many of the 50,000 would join in?

There is also a startling bit of 'sad irony' about it too.

In that, due to the owners fiscal policy, we have probably one of the best scouting setups in the world - constantly finding top drawer players, for a fraction of their real worth - with huge potential for re-sale value (ala, Cabaye).

But we hardly ever use the scouting quality we have - due to the fiscal policy.

Crazy.

The Owl - 24/1/2014 20:12

Totally agree and thats what puzzles me. We should be a prime target for a takeover above any other club and yet nothing. I can only think Ashley does want to sell until he has creamed off all the tv money etc, or he has had offers and not made them public, or he is asking too big a price.
52,000 every week, merchandise sales rocketing, untapped potential in other areas sponsorship etc. What more does a potential mid east or American owner want.? Baffling

I've never believed that Mike Ashley has ever wanted to sell.

Shepherd had his hand in a firm of agents that was based at SJP.

Do we know that Ashley does not have a similar investment? The players that are scouted for NUFC might attract big agency fees toward the end of their contracts.

Free advertising is what hes getting , i thought we all knew that.
How much has sports directs value. Gone up since he brought us?
Every story has mike ashley owner of sports direct in it, no such thing as bad publicity for this parasite.

kevinpie - 25/1/2014 07:32

Every story has mike ashley owner of sports direct in it, no such thing as bad publicity for this parasite.

500m in the 6 years he's owned us is what I'd seen. ****.

The fat man is going nowhere with NUFC he has global advertising for his tatty sports shops and i wouldn't be surprised if sometime in the future that shite direct become the only sponsor of NUFC.

decka - 25/1/2014 09:19

kevinpie - 25/1/2014 07:32

500m in the 6 years he's owned us is what I'd seen. ****.

Has the company value not fluctuated from around £1 billion to £600 million in his first year here? Not sure on that but I know it's value is over £4 billion now, which is a £3 billion increase.

Bruce68 - 25/1/2014 20:22

The fat man is going nowhere with NUFC he has global advertising for his tatty sports shops and i wouldn't be surprised if sometime in the future that shite direct become the only sponsor of NUFC.

And a free sponsor at that, he wouldnt be paying for the privilege