Hartlepool Saturday | Vital Football

Hartlepool Saturday

GoBC

Vital Reserves Team
Anyone going?

And, if so, has anyone worked out how to buy tickets? Hartlepool's website seems to suggest you need to show up at their ticket office by 4pm tomorrow to collect tickets. That can't be right, surely?

Since, barring any cup games, the Imps won't be playing in the North East this season, and I'm about a 40 minute drive away, I was going to go. But I'm not making two trips down there.

I'd have thought you could pay on the gate, but there's no suggestion of this.

Can't remember the last time I bothered with a pre-season game and at £12 to get in (plus £1.50 booking fee), and a designated away end(?!?), I know why.

Come on Pools! You're not making this easy.

Replying to myself. Just seen this when you dig further into their website:

Collection: Tickets are available to collect from the Hartlepool United Ticket Office on non-matchdays. On the day of the game, up until 1pm tickets will be available to collect from the main ticket office. After 1pm they will be distributed to the relevant ticket collection point as highlighted below:

Clarence Road (Brunel Stand end) – Longbranch Homes and Brunel Stand tickets.

Millhouse Side (near Corner Flag) – Teesside International Airport Stand tickets.

Main ticket office – Simpson Millar Stand (away fans)

Replying to myself. Just seen this when you dig further into their website:

Collection: Tickets are available to collect from the Hartlepool United Ticket Office on non-matchdays. On the day of the game, up until 1pm tickets will be available to collect from the main ticket office. After 1pm they will be distributed to the relevant ticket collection point as highlighted below:

Clarence Road (Brunel Stand end) – Longbranch Homes and Brunel Stand tickets.

Millhouse Side (near Corner Flag) – Teesside International Airport Stand tickets.

Main ticket office – Simpson Millar Stand (away fans)
Any suggestion of pay on the day?
Can you buy a ticket on the day?
I may not decide till lunchtime Saturday.

Any suggestion of pay on the day?
Can you buy a ticket on the day?
I may not decide till lunchtime Saturday.

On their website it says, in the tickets section - guide for away supporters, that they are available on the day, as their normal practice.

There is also a telephone number for ticket queries.

...being a pre season match might be worth checking that's what they are doing...but sounds hopeful.

My last visit to Hartlepool was a Friday night game, under Schoey I'm guessing, a late equaliser for them I think (Richie Barker?). We went 1-0 up, vaguely recall Forrester hitting the bar not long before they drew level.

My last visit to Hartlepool was a Friday night game, under Schoey I'm guessing, a late equaliser for them I think (Richie Barker?). We went 1-0 up, vaguely recall Forrester hitting the bar not long before they drew level.
That was the last time I went too. Was it Paul Green scored early on for us? Forrester chipped onto the bar at our end.

When Hartlepool came to us in the Cup, a large section of their supporters marched out of the ground calling for trouble. The police struggled to contain them near the station and some got as far as the Waterside shopping area. I know this time of is a pre-season friendly, but I hope fellow Imps will be aware there may be an aggressive group there. I know all clubs have them, but they were arguably the most aggressive visitors we had in terms of after-match trouble seeking.

a long time since we played the Monkey-hangers. I lived up that way for 8 years back in the 90's and usually went to that fixture.

My first (and only) visit to Hartlepool was a 3-0 FA Cup defeat in November 2004, with my, then, 14-year-old son. They scored all three in the first half!

The following week, we travelled north east again to watch City play at Darlington, only this time we won 3-0!

Went there on Chris's 'happy bus ' 1974, FA Cup 2, beep freezing, they murdered us, 0-0 , pleased to escape , won the replay 1-0 .

I can only remember one visit up there compared to loads to Darlo. Imps won 3-0 but we got absolutely soaked on an open terrace corner, Colin Greenhall netted a rare goal (early 90’s perhaps?)

I went to a FA Cup game, it was bloody freezing, had lovely liver n onions before at the nearby Morrisons cafe. That was as good as it got, seem to remember we were 3-0 by half time 🙁