Harry Smith | Vital Football

Harry Smith

vinney

Vital Reserves Team
A Millwall fan at work, thinks we might be interested in Harry Smith the 6'5" striker they got from Folkestone. He scored 6 in 12 appearances last season before he got glandular fever. He's now 5th in line at Millwall and Harris has said he can go out on loan.

It is good to play a little man off a big guy. In our 2017/18 side playing Wilkinson off of Eaves or Smith might just work.

Which one is the little man, Parker?

2 6ft+ strikers up front, Parker playing in the hole, we should see some goals.

JED was looking at Smith last season, I believe we had him on trial for a game or two and he decided against signing him.

"2 6ft+ strikers up front, Parker playing in the hole, we should see some goals"

I do love the way that some people think that purely signing tall players will get you goals. Quigley was tall and was utter dross (apart from the 20 minutes he played pre-season and before he got injured 10 minutes after he came on in the league). If it's tall players we want lets just sign the London Lions Basketball team. Clearly football is not just about height - and some actual football skill is required too...?

Apparently the Gills team who whumped Chesterfield 10-0 were the tallest Gillingham team ever. :2:

ME2blue - 29/6/2017 19:52

JED was looking at Smith last season, I believe we had him on trial for a game or two and he decided against signing him.

He came to us but got injured in the first development game so we didn't get to have a proper look at him

When he was back from injury Millwall were in for him & we didn't get much of a look in

(The Folkestone Chairman is a big Millwall fan, so once they were interested he pushed him that way, apparently screwing Sittingbourne out of some of their sell on fee at the same time)