Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hurry back Harry Kane!

When does Sonny come back? And what is the Asian Cup anyway (right after the World Cup, are they mad?...I suppose so, the African Cup of Nations is at least during the summer this year not that it affects us).

One good thing with Harry being down (and yes, I'm clutching at straws here), we'll be less predictable in the final third!
Unless we are going to rely on Lorente to bang them in ! Then we will be very predictable . We just have to get someone in ,even on loan.
Get in a striker and let Harry carry with dropping deeper ,when he returns . Break the bank if we have to . I just don't see anyone in the club stepping up to cover for the loss of Harry and sonny . Can't we get sonny back as a special dispensation . It's not a FIFA affiliated competition . I know we agreed to let him go as part of the deal to pardon his national service agreement, 'but things have dramatically changed now

There’s talk of Malcom on loan. Also there’s a chance for the younger lads to show their prowess. Not ideal but who knows what they could do. The rest of the Premiership don’t know their games.
We could buy in but we need to pay up and just do it and get the right players. The changes of players could confuse the opposition a bit and stall a posiible losses maybe.

We will see if our transfer policy and faith in the squad works. We are not going to get a striker in to cover us for for a few months ffs. Players will need to step up or the coach and his staff will have to fall on their swords and admit they were wrong in their assumptions. Either way, we will probably land up there or thereabouts next season. It will be with or without silverware which I think will be telling.

Could be longer. Might take him a month or so once he starts training. That could be mid-end of April before he is ready.

:cautious:

The club seriously need to look at the cost of doing nothing... compared to the cost of doing something ie getting someone in. Whilst we are not a one man team, if our season goes tits up because of 'no real strikers' then as a club Danny boy and everyone else responsible for money... deserve whatever and however the consequences of that manifest themselves

The club seriously need to look at the cost of doing nothing... compared to the cost of doing something ie getting someone in. Whilst we are not a one man team, if our season goes tits up because of 'no real strikers' then as a club Danny boy and everyone else responsible for money... deserve whatever and however the consequences of that manifest themselves
And yet, we have been here before. The best example used to be in someone's signature.

Unless we are going to rely on Lorente to bang them in ! Then we will be very predictable . We just have to get someone in ,even on loan.
Get in a striker and let Harry carry with dropping deeper ,when he returns . Break the bank if we have to . I just don't see anyone in the club stepping up to cover for the loss of Harry and sonny . Can't we get sonny back as a special dispensation . It's not a FIFA affiliated competition . I know we agreed to let him go as part of the deal to pardon his national service agreement, 'but things have dramatically changed now

My question would be...if Llorente / Jansen are not trusted enough to replace Kane...why the shit did we sign them? If it was me I would pull Jansen back up and have Llorente and him fight for time up top. There is no time for dumbass emotion between MP and Jansen...put that aside and be professional.

My question would be...if Llorente / Jansen are not trusted enough to replace Kane...why the shit did we sign them? If it was me I would pull Jansen back up and have Llorente and him fight for time up top. There is no time for dumbass emotion between MP and Jansen...put that aside and be professional.

A continuation of the poor choices we have made, bar a few exceptions, since the sale of Bale. We haven't been the best at identifying quality.

Janssen was at the time the top striker in Holland and was viewed as the next 'big thing' to come out of the Dutch league - a small gaggle of top clubs were vying for his signature.

Surprisingly, he and his team decided that the PL would be a better for fit for his 'qualities' and turned down offers from Spain (Sevilla) and Germany (Dortmund).

The belief was Poch would make him fitter and a better all-round player.

Sadly, his diet appears to be about as disciplined as Mido's., and he has never achieved the physical shape that was expected of him.

As for Llorente; as a back up with PL experience, he was good enough, but I bet even he didn't expect Kane to almost be indestructible and play week in, week out for as long as he has.

Finding another 'up and coming' special attacking talent (as Janssen was once deemed to be) who is prepared to sit on the bench for most of the season, isn't easy.

But of course, the armchair scouts among us - can always point to a striker on a hot streak/in form and say 'why didn't we go for him?!!'..

I'd lay money on us 'doing something' - the question is 'stop gap' or longer term view?

Janssen was at the time the top striker in Holland and was viewed as the next 'big thing' to come out of the Dutch league - a small gaggle of top clubs were vying for his signature.

Surprisingly, he and his team decided that the PL would be a better for fit for his 'qualities' and turned down offers from Spain (Sevilla) and Germany (Dortmund).

Sadly, his diet appears to be about as disciplined as Mido's., and he has never achieved the physical shape that was expected of him.

As for Llorente; as a back up with PL experience, he was good enough, but I bet even he didn't expect Kane to almost be indestructible and play week in, week out for as long as he has.

Finding another 'up and coming' special attacking talent (as Janssen was once deemed to be) who is prepared to sit on the bench for most of the season, isn't easy.

But of course, the armchair scouts among us - can always point to a striker on a hot streak/in form and say 'why didn't we go for him?!!'..

Yeah I don't claim to be a 'armchair scout'...in my opinion we did this to ourselves. Overplayed Kane, not he is crocked again with no viable back up.

Yeah I don't claim to be a 'armchair scout'...in my opinion we did this to ourselves. Overplayed Kane, not he is crocked again with no viable back up.

Kane has been Poch's biggest weakness - but here again we don't see the raft of fitness / medical data that Poch sees daily that allows him to make these judgements - but what I do know is that we've had some top targets simply tell us 'no chance' because of Poch's insistence only putting kane's name on the team sheet first.

Kane has been Poch's biggest weakness - but here again we don't see the raft of fitness / medical data that Poch sees daily that allows him to make these judgements - but what I do know is that we've had some top targets simply tell us 'no chance' because of Poch's insistence only putting kane's name on the team sheet first.

Truth...cannot argue that.

But the decisions are puzzling sometimes. I keep using the match recently when we were flat blowing out the opposition...only to bring Kane on late....? To keep him fit and on point is hardle a excuse based on the minutes he has been playing in my opinion.

We rode our luck as long as we could with Kane and we finally are made to pay. Who knows what would have happened if MP would have limited Kane more when he absolutely could have late in matches etc...but it is interesting.

Truth...cannot argue that.

But the decisions are puzzling sometimes. I keep using the match recently when we were flat blowing out the opposition...only to bring Kane on late....? To keep him fit and on point is hardle a excuse based on the minutes he has been playing in my opinion.

We rode our luck as long as we could with Kane and we finally are made to pay. Who knows what would have happened if MP would have limited Kane more when he absolutely could have late in matches etc...but it is interesting.

I can agree when he got crocked against Millwall. That's a game where he could have quite easily been watching with his feet up. The tackle that took him out on Sunday was in a game where he would have always been playing. That might have wiped him out even if he was 100% fresh and rested.

Not making excuses for Spurs though. Poch is doing his best to ensure Son can play as a striker even using him ahead of Kane when playing together. Best scenario in a way is Janssen and Llorente leaving this month and Spurs bringing in a high profile 6 month loanee. That way the decks are completely cleared in the summer when we can make a play for Timo Werner or someone similar. We'll know more about the Eriksen will he / won't he scenario by then and will know how much funds we can throw at the problem.

I'd lay money on us 'doing something' - the question is 'stop gap' or longer term view?

This is the issue isn't it. We wait 'til the shit hits the fan before doing anything! As I said elsewhere, not the way to run even a small business where we don't have any contingency plans.

Can you imagine if we don't move in to the new stadium this season and not qualify for CL next season because of poor all round management, how great is that slogan gonna look.....the only place to watch CL in London.....NOT!

Contingency plan a) Sonny up top
Contingency plan b) Llorente

plan c) false 9 with Lucas, Lamela, Dele

Obviously plan a being out the window is very unfortunate but it's not like we went into the season with no contingencies if Kane got a knock.

Whilst pogba should have seen red I have looked at the challenges where Kane got injured and to be fair I did not see foot/leg contact by the manc players...there was some body contact and that along with the fact that Kanes foot was slightly entrenched in the turf meant he leaned away / was pushed by the body contact and damaged his ankle ligaments as a result....I do not believe it was malicious whilst I agree with Souness Pogba has a history of this type of chllenge (red carded last time he did it) and deserved a red. ...thats what I think I saw!

To be fair Poch has had 4 and a half years to address this problem.

Sorry EX your point there is a pretty desperate way of covering over some poor decision making from Poch and Levy over the years. Not one decent out and out striker has been brought in under Poch.