• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is what I have been saying all along and look forward to seeing Spurs unshackled from reliance on one man.

Me too. I have been making comparisons to Newcastle/Shearer for years. More so the post injury years though.... No one on this planet denies Shearer was amazing. But what did they win? He got all the accolades and goals whilst the club sold their soul to one style of play.

Its scary to change from something that almost brought us success. But if i say IT NEVER BROUGHT US SUCCESS it seems a little easier. He didnt turn up in finals, our team got more and more predictable. His ability to press disappeared and we became a team who was playing to his strengths.

I just hope some of the players are able to step out of his shadow and show us real team play. If not it will be a long drawn out process with a lot of pain to endure

So what does the club gain by dragging this out until 2 days before the close of the window?

Surely, it's best for everyone to get the deal done and move on. We still need to find one or more replacements for him. Whilst we've been linked with a lot of players none are replacements for Kane (Ings aside and I'm hoping we can do much better than that).

It's all about the money. ManC may still not be willing to meet our valuation and they either capitulate or they will tell Harry 'we tried our best, but they've priced us out of doing a deal and we'll be back next year when your value will be closer to how we're thinking'....the chances are both sides have entrenched views on this and both will see if the other blinks first.

City's owners are flush with cash just now after banking a £650 mill loan and they will think we won't want to show losses 3 years running (as financial year-end accounts will probably show losses of up to £150 mill) so this financial period now really needs to show a turn-around as we have nowhere else to go (institutionally speaking) to underwrite another year of losses (except the owners of course - who rarely put their hands in their pockets).

Kane would be a big realization of profits as he stands in our books at virtually nil value.

On that basis alone, the club should sell him, let alone any footballing considerations.

It's all about the money. ManC may still not be willing to meet our valuation and they either capitulate or they will tell Harry 'we tried our best, but they've priced us out of doing a deal and we'll be back next year when your value will be closer to how we're thinking'....the chances are both sides have entrenched views on this and both will see if the other blinks first.

City's owners are flush with cash just now after banking a £650 mill loan and they will think we won't want to show losses 3 years running (as financial year-end accounts will probably show losses of up to £150 mill) so this financial period now really needs to show a turn-around as we have nowhere else to go (institutionally speaking) to underwrite another year of losses (except the owners of course - who rarely put their hands in their pockets).

Kane would be a big realization of profits as he stands in our books at virtually nil value.

On that basis alone, the club should sell him, let alone any footballing considerations.
This is why I don't understand why Levy/the club don't put a deadline on any sale. If Kane goes we need at least two forwards to replace him. We need at least one even if stays. We can't wait until the end of the window to see what's available.

This is why I don't understand why Levy/the club don't put a deadline on any sale. If Kane goes we need at least two forwards to replace him. We need at least one even if stays. We can't wait until the end of the window to see what's available.

I don't believe we are being static in our thinking or targetting who we want to ger in, but given our financial situation, we can only bluff financial strength, not show it and city know this better than we do.

It's a poker game now and the testosterone is pumping, but it will all turn on Kane's attitude/responses when thoughts are made clear face to face in the very near future.

I don't believe we are being static in our thinking or targetting who we want to ger in, but given our financial situation, we can only bluff financial strength, not show it and city know this better than we do.

It's a poker game now and the testosterone is pumping, but it will all turn on Kane's attitude/responses when thoughts are made clear face to face in the very near future.
I'm sure we're not static in identifying targets. But come the end of the transfer window the majority won't be available.

We need to bring in a striker even if he stays.

We have to replace Vini and Bales goals and assists to.

I'm not convinced Ndombele, Lo Celso, Lucas and Bergwinj will step up.

I think we will rely on Dele and Son massively this season. I can't see who else will get the goals.

I'm hoping our wing backs will provide some amo and get the assists.

I think we are underestimating how hard it will be to replace the goals and assists Kane, Bale and Vini provided.

We need to bring in a striker even if he stays.

We have to replace Vini and Bales goals and assists to.

I'm not convinced Ndombele, Lo Celso, Lucas and Bergwinj will step up.

I think we will rely on Dele and Son massively this season. I can't see who else will get the goals.

I'm hoping our wing backs will provide some amo and get the assists.

I think we are underestimating how hard it will be to replace the goals and assists Kane, Bale and Vini provided.

It will be our single biggest issue. If for no other reason, the media and punters will be repeating the same questions a thousand times over..and that's just during the games !

Charlie is said to be telling all and sundry that an agreement for him to join city has been verbally agreed.

Good luck to you Harry.

Numbers between £140 - to 170 mill being talked about.

I can believe him gobbing off - I can't believe the numbers - it could all be BS - the media have got hold of it now and as it passes from one paper to the next, the number seems to go up - had a good chuckle this morning.

I'll await some news from the club - he's supposed to be returning to training next week.

Last edited:
But it seems, Tottenham are surprised lol!

Reports of Daniel Levy's 'U-turn' on Harry Kane to Man City has taken both clubs 'by surprise' I'm not sure Man City are prepared to spend £160M on Harry Kane [via:
@David_Ornstein
]

But it seems, Tottenham are surprised lol!

Reports of Daniel Levy's 'U-turn' on Harry Kane to Man City has taken both clubs 'by surprise' I'm not sure Man City are prepared to spend £160M on Harry Kane [via:
@David_Ornstein
]

However if it is true, take the money, say thank you and move on. Maybe just maybe we will then get a balanced team that isn’t Kane centred!

The problem with shitrags like the $un, is in that £160m will also be the sum total of what Harry will earn over the course of the agreed contract length. So, just a guess, between £60-80m of that figure they have dreamt up will be a 3-4yr contract at £300-400k p/w.

The problem with shitrags like the $un, is in that £160m will also be the sum total of what Harry will earn over the course of the agreed contract length. So, just a guess, between £60-80m of that figure they have dreamt up will be a 3-4yr contract at £300-400k p/w.

I'm still sticking to my predicted £100 + add ons of £20 mill

Jonathan is a good journo and that's recognised (or was before his departure) by the media guy in Spurs - so if he's saying this, it's a message being endorsed/leaked from the boss....

Tottenham maintain Harry Kane is not for sale amid Manchester City interest
The England captain is keen to leave Spurs and reports have suggested a £160million move is close.
Jonathan Veal
15 minutes ago

Tottenham maintain they have no plans to sell Harry Kane this summer.
The England captain is keen to leave Spurs in order to win trophies and Premier League champions Manchester City have been interested in signing him, with reports suggesting a £160million move is close.
However, Tottenham have always said they had no intention of letting their star player go and that stance has not changed.

Kane, who turns 28 on Wednesday, has three years left on his existing deal at Spurs, who currently hold all the power.

The striker has grown frustrated at the club’s slide in recent years, having finished outside the Premier League’s top four in the two seasons since their run to the 2019 Champions League final.
He made public comments about his future at the end of last season, saying he needed a conversation with chairman Daniel Levy about his future, while also naming City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne as the player he would most like to call a team-mate.
That did not detract from his form as he went on to win the Premier League’s golden boot and playmaker awards for the 2020-21 season.
Harry Kane scored four goals as England reached the final of Euro 2020 (Mike Egerton/PA)
(PA Wire)
But Levy’s position has always remained the same, insisting he would act in the club’s best interests.

Kane is currently on holiday following England’s Euro 2020 campaign, where they lost in the final to Italy.
He is due to return to Hotspur Way for pre-season training on August 2 and, in a strange quirk, Spurs begin their Premier League campaign against City on August 15.