• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I spoke to him a few years back when he was doing his stand up tour.

He genuinely loves the club. I think he regrets the England crap deep down. It cost him the best job and biggest job he ever had.

He said to me we were 3 players short from winning the title. He said if he had Hugo, Jan and Kane in his team he would have cleaned up.

I actually agree with him.

Hugo, Walker, King, Jan, Rose, Modric, Parker, Lennon, Bale, VDV, Kane.

Would take some stopping.
Yep, that's a formidable team with all of the players at their peak.

Rose was sent out on loan in Redknapp's final year I think. And Walker, in Redknapp's reign, was nothing like the defender he later developed into.

He's a character; I always liked him until he simply couldn't stop himself mouthing off, and I once said as much to a senior figure at the club (and then by ure coincidence) he said in his next interview that if the club wanted to shut him up they knew what to do - I don't think he was ever forgiven for that.

He a great coach though and knew how to get the best out of players and how to help them improve, but he did love experience over youth just a bit too much for me.
Sorry Ex I would not go as far as saying he is a great coach, more of "buy old exp players on high wages" and just say to them "go out n enjoy yourselves".

Ask any of my local Div 1 teams fans, what they think of Harry Redcrapp, it isn't very positive. lol!

I spoke to him a few years back when he was doing his stand up tour.

He genuinely loves the club. I think he regrets the England crap deep down. It cost him the best job and biggest job he ever had.

He said to me we were 3 players short from winning the title. He said if he had Hugo, Jan and Kane in his team he would have cleaned up.

I actually agree with him.

Hugo, Walker, King, Jan, Rose, Modric, Parker, Lennon, Bale, VDV, Kane.

Would take some stopping.

Rose vs Ekotto is an interesting one.

A team where Parker is the 11th best player is a good one. Shame Scotty couldn't play a good second half of any season with Spurs. By the time he got to Ukraine with England in the summer he was out on his feet.

I still think one of Harry's regrets was not getting Craig Bellamy in that first Jan window. He seemed to want him more than Defoe and Keane. I can see why. Bringing Robbie back was a disaster. We ended up loaning him out. Defoe was slightly better, and a good sub for that side.

A team where Parker is the 11th best player is a good one. Shame Scotty couldn't play a good second half of any season with Spurs. By the time he got to Ukraine with England in the summer he was out on his feet.

I still think one of Harry's regrets was not getting Craig Bellamy in that first Jan window. He seemed to want him more than Defoe and Keane. I can see why. Bringing Robbie back was a disaster. We ended up loaning him out. Defoe was slightly better, and a good sub for that side.

Benoît Assou-Ekotto was an incredibly gifted human. He didn't even like football, and often had no idea who the opponent was on a given day.

At least he was honest enough to say he just played for the money.

Ekotto had more class than Rose. A better crosser of the ball.

Rose was a better athlete.

I still struggle to pick who was the better of the two.

Not even close for me. Playing at their best Rose was much better than Ekotto. I never saw Ekotto destroy anyone, he played a solid game but Rose could be an outball at times that almost guarenteed a solid attack. Same with Walker which is the blueprint Klopp used with Arnold/Robertson

Rose was head and shoulders above Ekotto at both their peaks., by a long way.

Rose went through a period where he was like Kante at LB. Absolutely superb. Problem is, Rose couldn't have a career without a backup LB like Davies covering for his many injuries. Made of glass.

Ekotto never missed a game. There was no backup for him in the squad for about 2-3 years. How Harry got away with it, I never knew.