Harris back at Millwall | Page 2 | Vital Football

Harris back at Millwall

If someone told me at the start of the season that Harris would be appointed Millwall manager at the end of February I would've assumed he'd been poached due to our table topping form...

Millwall appointment Edwards at pretty much the same time we employed Clemence.
Like Clem, he was a known coach but zero experience at number one.
They took a punt that failed.
Harris is probably the right choice given their predicament.
He will more than likely get enough points to keep them up by grinding it out.
I’m still not totally convinced that Clemence will be our head coach next season if we don’t at least make the playoffs.
We’ve already seen how brutal Brad and Shannon can be by the way Harris was dispatched while just a couple of points off the top.
I'd be amazed if SC is here next season if he fails to get us in the play-offs.

Can't see that ending well .He should have stayed at Cambridge United for sure simply keeping them in league one he would be a hero .He will already be up against some seriously horrible attacks.Sometimes following a dream is wrong.

Taken Livermore with him, who wasn't at Cambridge with him, Could that save us some money?
It should do but is a bit late as I think both their contracts were expiring in the summer anyway.

When Harris resigned as Millwall manager in 2019, Adam Barrett took over as caretaker, and he is still there so will be part of NH's coaching staff.

I know Cambridge already had an assistant manager (Barry Corr) that they rated highly so there was no room for Livermore.

In the crazy world of football should anything suprise us anymore
I look at this in the same way as Lampard going to Chelsea if you love a club that much you take the job how he does and how the fans react is anyone’s guess
Good luck to him hope for his sake that he doesn’t live to regret it

Fuck me, how do I get binned off from my current job and then get a two tier promotion within the same industry in the space of four months? I'd be looking at a 40 grand a year pay rise.

I think this says more about Millwall’s current state than Nil’s credentials. I am certainly not thinking “what have we done?” just because they’ve appointed him. If it works out for him, good on him, but it changes nothing for me, he wasn’t good enough for us.

I think this says more about Millwall’s current state than Nil’s credentials. I am certainly not thinking “what have we done?” just because they’ve appointed him. If it works out for him, good on him, but it changes nothing for me, he wasn’t good enough for us.
Not good enough for us?

When he has previously led Cardiff to the Championship play off semi final? so two games away from the Premier League.

Not the correct fit, perhaps, but not good enough doesn't make any sense unless Gills have designs on the Champions League, maybe.

Not good enough for us?

When he has previously led Cardiff to the Championship play off semi final? so two games away from the Premier League.

Not the correct fit, perhaps, but not good enough doesn't make any sense unless Gills have designs on the Champions League, maybe.
He could have won the World Cup with San Marino for all I care, what he did elsewhere is irrelevant - August to December 2022 will scar me forever. Tricky circumstances, yes, but trickiest circumstances in the history of the football league? No way.

He could have won the World Cup with San Marino for all I care, what he did elsewhere is irrelevant - August to December 2022 will scar me forever. Tricky circumstances, yes, but trickiest circumstances in the history of the football league? No way.
Trickiest budget in EFL history for that period if you believe what Harris said at the time…
He did pretty well from January - September 2023 with a competitive budget. The decision was made far too early for me, don’t think we ever got the full story on it and doubt we ever will.