Happy Kane Day. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Happy Kane Day.

He has scored more goals this calendar year for club and country than Messi. That is the calibre of this man.

The best goal scorer in world football.

Unfortunately Thiery Henry was right. A player of his calibre deserves to win medals. With the quality we have in the team around him we could of course. It would be a travesty if Kane had no major medals to show for his work.

Work it has been too because it has been a long road to get him to this point. Loan after loan, physical and mental development , we almost sold him as he hadn't fulfilled his potential after a few years.

I watched him play years ago and John Bostock outshone him. A stark contrast in what can happen to developing players.

I actually would like to thank Sold-a-dud. If he did not flop so badly, Kane may have been sold to a team like Swansea.

Nick Real Deal - 26/12/2017 17:08

Unfortunately Thiery Henry was right. A player of his calibre deserves to win medals. With the quality we have in the team around him we could of course. It would be a travesty if Kane had no major medals to show for his work.

Work it has been too because it has been a long road to get him to this point. Loan after loan, physical and mental development , we almost sold him as he hadn't fulfilled his potential after a few years.

I watched him play years ago and John Bostock outshone him. A stark contrast in what can happen to developing players.
Nick, i was the same ,watched his few cameos s few years ago and wasnt impressed, the fact that the man has gone on to prove me and numerous others wrong , as i am a football expert, "Not,",is a testament to the man. What an absolute faboulous Player, the best striker in World Football at the moment,and the fact that he loves Tottenham so much is so heartwarming. He really is one of our own.

Kane is a goal machine and his talents need to be backed with strong signings. Spurs should go all out for Marhez in jan as it would give spurs a better balance and give MP another option in the quest to start wining trophies.

Relentless.

Consider the chances he misses as well.

Still room for improvement, which is scary

Palmover - 26/12/2017 19:34

Kane is a goal machine and his talents need to be backed with strong signings. Spurs should go all out for Marhez in jan as it would give spurs a better balance and give MP another option in the quest to start wining trophies.

I agree , we have reached a crucial stage with players recognising achieving honours is possible. They need to know the club is going to act to realise those honours otherwise why stay ? They are already earning less than if they had big money moves to win things with bigger clubs. It's a no brainer. We need to invest and start winning things from this platform.

Well I may be back only infrequently this year Brexit and the weather are still horrific...but there is one thing you can always count on Harry Kane: by far the best player I have seen play for Spurs. Never saw Greaves, but he's better than Bale, better, than Klinsmann, better than Sherigham, Modric, King, Waddel Gascoigne. The numbers the professionalism and effect on volume of games prove it. God bless you Harry never leave and please win sonething significant in a Spurs shirt.

After the kane hagiography a point on the game. It's now abundantly clear that Toby Alderweirld captains the back four. His influence on Jan and Davidson's integration are apparent in his absence. All of the back four and Loris are poorer players when he is not organising and leading. We should pay the bloke what he is worth and give the arm band to him to captain the whole side. He is as important to this team winning something as Kane.

spurdon - 26/12/2017 20:48

Well I may be back only infrequently this year Brexit and the weather are still horrific...but there is one thing you can always count on Harry Kane: by far the best player I have seen play for Spurs. Never saw Greaves, but he's better than Bale, better, than Klinsmann, better than Sherigham, Modric, King, Waddel Gascoigne. The numbers the professionalism and effect on volume of games prove it. God bless you Harry never leave and please win sonething significant in a Spurs shirt.

There are Spurs players who have produced more genius moments perhaps. But Kane has been consistent at a high level for 3 seasons and we have seen it from the start.

We never knew how good King could be, as he admitted he got crocked very early in his career and played with it.

Used to find it quite amusing when Harry was played in the early Europa games. I said he would never make a footballer while he had a hole in his arse. Running around like a newborn giraffe . Shows what I know

spurdon - 26/12/2017 20:55

After the kane hagiography a point on the game. It's now abundantly clear that Toby Alderweirld captains the back four. His influence on Jan and Davidson's integration are apparent in his absence. All of the back four and Loris are poorer players when he is not organising and leading. We should pay the bloke what he is worth and give the arm band to him to captain the whole side. He is as important to this team winning something as Kane.
I agree 100% :1: :1:

I am afraid as much as you can pay Harry shed load of money, at the end of the day, he will want to see some trophies on his cv. His wife must be getting fed up with him bringing the match balls home so frequently!....that doesn't count as a trophy!. Another golden boot might look pretty in that cabinet. I think Levy may need to incorporate a Hary Kane Korner in our empty trophy room to get visitors to pay.

Palmover - 26/12/2017 19:34

I wanted him here 3 years ago to replace Lamela, a major upgrade in class. Very frustrating as he would have been the missing ingredient 2 seasons ago. If we do get him we got to keep Kane.

NRD, it's not just crunch time for DL, but just as much for MP. At the end of the day (as per Bale money), Levy does oblige, albeit recycled from sales, it's Poch who needs to identify the 'right' bolt-on acquisitions. Three years of working with effectively the same set of players, now the challenge for the next level.

EDIT: basically, I don't mind having to google the next recruit, but I don't think our current key players will wait 6 to 12 months for the new guy to come good.