Happy Kane Day. | Page 4 | Vital Football

Happy Kane Day.

Palmover - 26/12/2017 19:34

Kane is a goal machine and his talents need to be backed with strong signings. Spurs should go all out for Marhez in jan as it would give spurs a better balance and give MP another option in the quest to start wining trophies.

If we had Marhez in our first 11 we would have won the title 2 years running. He has been the missing link but we won't sign him as he doesn't work hard enough.

Miles ahead of Zaha yet EX wants us to spend 50m on him. lol

Real Deal - 27/12/2017 13:53

Palmover - 26/12/2017 19:34

Kane is a goal machine and his talents need to be backed with strong signings. Spurs should go all out for Marhez in jan as it would give spurs a better balance and give MP another option in the quest to start wining trophies.

If we had Marhez in our first 11 we would have won the title 2 years running. He has been the missing link but we won't sign him as he doesn't work hard enough.

Miles ahead of Zaha yet EX wants us to spend 50m on him. lol

Mahrez has had one good season and is still too inconsistent - which is why all the big clubs looked over him in the summer.

Speak to Leicester fans, they'll all tell you that he is hit and miss and won't do any of the hard work, like chasing back and closing down, he wants everything on a plate...

Skillful yes, but that's simply not enough for the way we play.

I think the January transfer window is more important in many ways. When we get a player in, they then have 6 months to settle in and become fully effective (or prove their unworthiness before August, when we can sell them). One slight thing against Pochettino is that he doesn't give up on players (look at Sissoko). We then get stuck with a better player than we had but still not a top flight guy.

One thing against Poch improving players ? I don't see it as a negative even if they are sold on their value is protected.

The Sissoko situation has gone from him being a liability to worthy back up. He may be good enough for a slightly lesser team as a starter. His price tag may be recoupable now and along the way he has filled some gaps for us.

Sorry NRD. I'm obviously not against Pochettino improving players, what I'm saying is that we buy in 'not too good' players, he makes them better and gets the best out of them (which is brilliant) but the end result, even though he's done his best is not a top flight player. What we need is a TOP player to fill every area. Sissoko is only filling a hole left by a better player, which is great when we have an injury but wherever possible we need TOP cover.

Critical_Spur - 27/12/2017 13:00

I am afraid as much as you can pay Harry shed load of money, at the end of the day, he will want to see some trophies on his cv. His wife must be getting fed up with him bringing the match balls home so frequently!....that doesn't count as a trophy!. Another golden boot might look pretty in that cabinet. I think Levy may need to incorporate a Hary Kane Korner in our empty trophy room to get visitors to pay.

He'll be with us for the first season at the new Stadium - then I'd lay big money on us selling him - it will be at least 5-6 years after we open that our revs match our ambitions - and in this business, that's a lifetime - a lifetime that Harry won't give to us and 'do a Shearer' - i.e. being one of the best and playing for his heart and shirt rather than the clubs that he would have won everything with...

Critical_Spur - 27/12/2017 13:38

NRD, it's not just crunch time for DL, but just as much for MP. At the end of the day (as per Bale money), Levy does oblige, albeit recycled from sales, it's Poch who needs to identify the 'right' bolt-on acquisitions. Three years of working with effectively the same set of players, now the challenge for the next level.

EDIT: basically, I don't mind having to google the next recruit, but I don't think our current key players will wait 6 to 12 months for the new guy to come good.
Toby Alderweireld signed 2015.
Serge Aurier signed 2017
Davinson Sánchez signed 2017
Kieran Trippier signed 2015
Dele Alli signed 2015
Son Heung-Min signed 2015
Victor Wanyama signed 2016
Moussa Sissoko signed 2016
All these players have been with the club less 3 years