Hanlon gets an improved offer from the Gills | Page 2 | Vital Football

Hanlon gets an improved offer from the Gills

Agree with Bromley and Rob100. Would like him to stay and he might eventually "click" in front of goal but not worth paying high wages for him in the present situation.

Think that’s it G58. If Brandon accepts whatever SE has offered then great. He obviously has the talent and work rate and I’m sure he’ll keep improving.

But if not then good luck to him if he’s offered better elsewhere. In the current situation I’d also be after all the money I could get. Very uncertain time right now for all footballers.

And if he does move on, the caliber of players SE has got in so far proves to me he can probably get in someone as good or better for the same amount.

If Hanlan goes am I right in saying there won't be any players left from before SE took over? Not counting Ogilvie as he was on loan. Must be the biggest turnover ever

Hanlan is the last player left on our books that was signed by another manager (Lovell). As you say, Ogilvie here on loan before but signed permanently by SE.

Woods, Bancroft, Tucker and Walsh were all youth players prior to SE joining.

Others on here will have seen much more of him but he always struck me as a talented player with a slightly odd skillset; good touch, uses his speed well, making clever runs behind the defence, but poor in front of goal. He also seems good at spotting the right passes to pick out a teammate in space.

I suspect ultimately Hanlan will follow in the footsteps of Elliot List who had a very similar skillset but never learnt to be a finisher either. Do we miss List now he has moved on? I reckon the answer will be the same for Hanlan whenever he moves on at some future date,