Had we have beaten Swindon... | Vital Football

Had we have beaten Swindon...

daveycrocket

Vital Squad Member
we'd have won four league games on the trot. When was the last time that happened for any stato's out there?

Probably under Martin Allen. Was also thinking when was the last time we had over 9,317 for a league game. That was probably under Allen too when we won the league. Other than our Championship days there can't be many league games with over that attendance.

Probably under Martin Allen. Was also thinking when was the last time we had over 9,317 for a league game. That was probably under Allen too when we won the league. Other than our Championship days there can't be many league games with over that attendance.
Could have been one the last games of that Allen season when we played Wimbledon (I think) - unless we've exceeded it a game against one of the big boys over the last decade in league 1, we've certainly came close to it a few times. Sunderland in 2018 was near that figure if memory serves

But on the other hand have there ever been so many unlikely results go against us as they did yesterday? I can't think of a day like it.

We've definitely won 4 league games on the trot since the Martin Allen days. There was a four match period under JED around Christmas 2015 when we won 2 at home and 2 away.

Regarding attendances - In the Martin Allen promotion season we had several very big crowds and iirc the final home game v Wimbledon was just over 11k.

Last season vs Fleetwood and the final day vs Rotherham were both big league attendances

We've definitely won 4 league games on the trot since the Martin Allen days. There was a four match period under JED around Christmas 2015 when we won 2 at home and 2 away.
Regarding attendances - In the Martin Allen promotion season we had several very big crowds and iirc the final home game v Wimbledon was just over 11k.

Congratulations, you win, starting 19/12/2015 - Millwall, Swine, Colchester and Bradford.

Then they had to televise that bloody Wigan game :mad::
Gillingham FC » Fixtures & Results 2015/2016 (worldfootball.net)

That fateful day when we capitulated at Wycombe in 2010 definitely comes to mind.

I remember. There were 6 games that needed to go against us - if I remember rightly - and only two combinations which meant we could go down. That was us losing and 5 others teams winning or us losing and four of them winning and the other drawing. I covered the situation with a tenner on both. After the sickening relegation, I remembered just as I got back to my car in Wycombe and think I was about £350-£400 up. I felt bad betting against us (although I always feel worse betting on us as that tempts fate even more), but the money did go back to the club as paid for my season the following season.

Yes, I recall that Wimbledon game being a full house as we needed to get a point for the Championship and they had to get something to stay up and brought a full allocation of 1500 or so.

I recall a couple of weeks before there being a 10K+ crowds v Accrington with them bringing about 30. I remember that day we gave them either a slither of away fans in the corner of the BMS or the GRS so that we could use the whole (or nearly all of the BMS for home fans), possibly the last time we needed to do that since Saturday. If we are going to progress the way we are looking to go (possibly challenging for promotion next season with a nearly full Priestfield), we'll need to be flexible with the way we allocate away tickets, given most teams bring more than 150-200 to ensure the stadium is as full as possible (especially if they are paying full price),

They even had to release extra seats for the Wimbledon match, the row(s) directly behind the dugouts, which are normally reserved for the youth team players I think, were put on sale for £50 a seat and all sold!

I remember. There were 6 games that needed to go against us - if I remember rightly - and only two combinations which meant we could go down. That was us losing and 5 others teams winning or us losing and four of them winning and the other drawing. I covered the situation with a tenner on both. After the sickening relegation, I remembered just as I got back to my car in Wycombe and think I was about £350-£400 up. I felt bad betting against us (although I always feel worse betting on us as that tempts fate even more), but the money did go back to the club as paid for my season the following season.

Did exactly the same - sickened when it came in!