Gus Poyet | Vital Football

Gus Poyet

Not a fan personally, don't think he's the appointment Sunderland needed. Di Matteo would've been a much better choice

It would not matter who the manager is at Sunderland. With De Fanti in charge of recruitment, the playing squad is a hotch-potch of individuals, many of whom have no PL experience. They are in deep, deep trouble.

They made 14 signings during the summer, thats like half our squad! How you can meld those into an effective team over night defeats me. Still don't know why Poyet left Brighton in such a hurry. Besides, he is too much like DeCanio for my liking - lots of fire and brimstone, work ethic and philosophy. Be interesting to see if he turns things around for them (but not if it means putting us in a drop spot at the end of the season).

He said something after their playoff defeat to Palace along the lines of "if we're gonna progress I need more money, we've hit our ceiling" or something like that, and then the whole who pooed in the Palace dressing room came out.

Really think Brighton got their knickers in a twist over a few heat of the moment comments

I am surprised that even after an outing of 100 elephants all having drunk 20 pints of old tom and eaten vindaloos went to palarse toilets they would notice any difference from normal state of the place.