🚹 Guglielmo Vicario - Goalkeeper | Page 3 | Vital Football

🚹 Guglielmo Vicario - Goalkeeper

His sweeping (maybe by instruction) and save percentage were only things he was statistically behind Raya on last season. He excelled in other areas or was on par with Raya - and data profile wise was most similar keeper to Raya in Europe. The scouts report said he had good potential to improve also.

Spot on recruitment and whilst I'm sure it may not remain the same for the whole season, having the highest save percentage in the league and miles above the average shows how well he's hit the ground with us.

His sweeping (maybe by instruction) and save percentage were only things he was statistically behind Raya on last season. He excelled in other areas or was on par with Raya - and data profile wise was most similar keeper to Raya in Europe. The scouts report said he had good potential to improve also.

Spot on recruitment and whilst I'm sure it may not remain the same for the whole season, having the highest save percentage in the league and miles above the average shows how well he's hit the ground with us.

The confidence excellent goal keeping gives the entire team is immeasurable. Not to mention the fans.

The confidence excellent goal keeping gives the entire team is immeasurable. Not to mention the fans.
and vice versa with the defence. I have no doubt that if we were still playing Dier and Davies in front of him that save percentage wouldn't be as high. VDV has been worth his weight in gold for reducing the need for shaky sweeping or unnecessary saves a lot!

Agreed with er….udogie (new to us anyway!)and er…..Micky and er……Madders and er………..! What a great thing to be saying USAF!

No argument here...and don't forget our other 'new' awesome signing who hasn't played yet...Bents....LOL LOVE IT!!!!!

**kidding not new...but will feel new!!!

and vice versa with the defence. I have no doubt that if we were still playing Dier and Davies in front of him that save percentage wouldn't be as high. VDV has been worth his weight in gold for reducing the need for shaky sweeping or unnecessary saves a lot!

Great point. We have put a few pieces of the puzzle together very quickly. An element of luck and good planning imo.

Think I have said this before but GV apparently is a really bad loser, why he got the nickname Venom.

He is constantly looking how to improve whether it be by, watching video recordings, reading books n articles and listening to the advice given by exp Pro Goalkeepers, example Hugo.

It seems all he wants to do is get better, good for us methinks.

This in turn sets a good example to the squad/team and puts loads of confidence in his defence playing in front of him.

Another strange thing about Venom he isn't short in coming forward, as in will clap himself if he pulls off a wonder save., the smile on his boat is so bloody wide.

I honestly think we have the making of World Class GK on our hands.

Great point. We have put a few pieces of the puzzle together very quickly. An element of luck and good planning imo.
We have indeed. The thought of Dier, Sanchez and Hugo between the sticks.......gulp!.

I love Vic's on-pitch personality too. That in itself also exudes confidence. Lloris always looked scared and very quiet and I never warmed to him being donned the armband.

Along with Romero (25) VDV (22) partnership, assuming they remain fit, great foundation of this team. Hard to believe Vic is 27!. - thought he was younger.

My gripe with this transfer (and I admit I knew nothing about Vicario before the transfer came up) was that he wasn't our top target and our top target should have been gettable.

I'm all for these types of signings generally if they have been carefully scouted and seen as the best option that we could get for our budget. But Raya is the same age and we would have paid more even if we had negotiated Brentford's asking price down. So clearly we rated Raya as the better keeper.

I appreciate you don't always get your first choice but I would have expected us to be able to complete a deal for a player like Raya. The goalkeeper is too important a position not to be getting the best that your money can buy.

But anyway, what's done is done. The writeups have been very favourable and hopefully the scouting team have unearthed our new Lloris. It's a new chapter and the more players that aren't carrying the baggage of our recent history the better.

Welcome Guglielmo (we need a decent nickname).
In Marvel's Spiderman comics and recently on the big screen. "[The nickname] was made by two guys from DAZN in Italy, because they told me: 'When you play on the pitch sometimes you get angry, you feel angry, so you feel like Venom'.20 Jul 2023

And it really looks like that we got the best keeper possible as of now..

In Marvel's Spiderman comics and recently on the big screen. "[The nickname] was made by two guys from DAZN in Italy, because they told me: 'When you play on the pitch sometimes you get angry, you feel angry, so you feel like Venom'.20 Jul 2023

And it really looks like that we got the best keeper possible as of now..
Yes that is how his nickname Venom came about, Mrs PY googled it, he was described Venom because he was compared to Spiderman's Nemesis.

I wrote that on a game thread a while back.