Guess the team v Fulham | Vital Football

Guess the team v Fulham

Polly 433

Vital Football Hero
Its hard enough getting the team correct at the best of times but this game now looks an impossible call. My best shot (at the moment, though I will change my mind in 10 mins) is as follows.

AK normally likes a 4:2:3:1 formation but was very successful at Wolves with a 4:1:4:1 formation. Fulham also tend to go with a 4:2:3:1therefore I think he will match up.

Four at the back. Feel he will return to Lichaj having given TD a chance on Tuesday. Eric will have to be the Eric of the second half at Hull who got tight on to their winger so much he got substituted. Unfortunately he was so loose in the first half it negated all good work. needs to be return of the rash.

Joe Worrall is a cert and Mancienne needs a break. His confidence was shot on Tuesday. TF comes in. I think Fox will hold his LB position, for this game.

Colbeck gets holding role with Geddy. I can't see AK playing all the new signings as some are a bit rusty. Perhaps leave Lolley, Tomlin and the right winger (forget his name, too many changes for my head to deal with) on bench or at home for the moment. The three in midfield become Oz on left, Cash on right (doesn't deserve to be left out) and either Bridcutt or Dowell in centre.

Start with Vellios and bring BB on for last half hour. Anyone see it different? What all of you?

Joe Baker Legend - 2/2/2018 11:51

Pantilimon, Colbeck, Worrall, Figuereido, Lichaj, Cash, Geddy, Bouch, Osborn, Brereton, Tomlin

Bridcutt will start & Murphy supposedly fit, plus I'd be shocked if he brought in that many of the new signings.

Pantillimon.

Lichaj, Manc, Worrall, Colback.

Bridcutt & Geddy.

Lolley. Dowell. Osborn.

Murphy.

Subs:

Smith, Tomlin, Cash, Brereton, Vellios, Figerido. Vaughan.

Fox, McKay & Darikwa to miss out - as well as Dejagah as not match fit.

Pants, Fox, Lichaj, Worrall, Manc, Cash, Geddy, Bridcutt, Dowell, Osborn, Vellios.

Of the new players, I think Watson would have been match fit to play but he's not arrived yet! Geddy's probably the only other player conditioned and trusted enough the start.

Cant see Figero making his debut alongside Worrell at a tough place like Fulham.

Don't think I can guess it but I am really hopeful that after a few matches and some time on the training pitch that we will have solid balanced team that can start contending with the tp six in the Championship.

Our Kids Dad - 2/2/2018 12:33

Pantilimon, Colbeck, Worrall, Figuereido, Lichaj, Cash, Geddy, Bouch, Osborn, Brereton, Tomlin

Bridcutt will start & Murphy supposedly fit, plus I'd be shocked if he brought in that many of the new signings.

Pantillimon.

Bridcutt & Geddy.

Lolley. Dowell. Osborn.

Murphy.

Subs:

This but with Cash starting and Chupa Chups on the bench.

Our Kids Dad - 2/2/2018 13:33

Pantillimon.

Bridcutt & Geddy.

Lolley. Dowell. Osborn.

Murphy.

Subs:

This but with Cash for Lolley.
Too soon for a lot of players who have not played much, never mind together.
Gueddy and Colback will be the most comfortable out on the pitch. Maybe Lolley and Tomlin in to feature at 60 minutes.

Pantilimon
Lichaj Worrall Manc Osborn
Bridcutt Colback
Gueddy
Lolley Tomlin
Brereton

defence still worries me. hopefully our new midfield can offer more protection and a better keeper behind will help.

dowell needs to start doing more in games and Osborn needs to improve also. hopefully we get a good result and keep the positivity going.

toms - 2/2/2018 14:32

Pantilimon
Bridcutt Colback
Gueddy
Lolley Tomlin
Brereton

Mancienne starts but Cash doesn't? Does Karanka give Mancienne a chance to redeem himself or does he drop to the bench? I'd have thought the latter.

Cash, along with Worrall, were the two players that seemed to stand out as caring during the Preston train wreck. However, I've thought that our younger players needed a rest and they've been flogged a bit in the absence of more experienced/quality Championship players to help them along.

I do like the Midfield though. Two gatekeepers with Geddy the more progressive of the 3.

Lolley, Tomlin, Os, Cash and Dowell to fight it out for the advanced attacking midfield positions. 5 players for two spots in that formation...unless Lolley goes upfront. Is he the one that can play as a striker?

Can support Velios or Brereton.

I'm glad it's Karanka's selection headache. ;)

SA.

Have written off the game tomorrow. Leave alone & we’ll get tonked - make several changes & no time to gel.
Looking forward to Hull game next Saturday.

Pantilimon
Bridcutt Colback
Gueddy
Lolley Tomlin
Brereton

And if Watson arrives..? Does Colback go to LB?

Os' didn't have a great game against Preston. Will he drop to the bench?

Now there's increased competition in midfield...be interesting to see if Os' keeps his place. There's the eternal debate about Os'. Is he just in the team because there is no one else. But successive managers keep choosing him.

McKay, Os' and Dowell could be seen as a powder puff and lightweight midfield who are outmuscled. Vs Villa, it seemed like the Hobbits vs the Elves. (not my words. Just another match observer that day...)

Maybe with a more robust player in-between him and Dowell would help? eg. Geddy in a more advanced position in front of e.g.. Watson (if he signs...) and Colback doing Mr. General roles.

I like him Os. Honest player.

SA.

Strawberry Avenger - 2/2/2018 15:06

Pantilimon
Bridcutt Colback
Gueddy
Lolley Tomlin
Brereton

And if Watson arrives..? Does Colback go to LB?

Os' didn't have a great game against Preston. Will he drop to the bench?

Now there's increased competition in midfield...be interesting to see if Os' keeps his place. There's the eternal debate about Os'. Is he just in the team because there is no one else. But successive managers keep choosing him.

McKay, Os' and Dowell could be seen as a powder puff and lightweight midfield who are outmuscled. Vs Villa, it seemed like the Hobbits vs the Elves. (not my words. Just another match observer that day...)

Maybe with a more robust player in-between him and Dowell would help? eg. Geddy in a more advanced position in front of e.g.. Watson (if he signs...) and Colback doing Mr. General roles.

I like him Os. Honest player.

SA.

Dwarves are a funny bunch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKrei80jBg8

Pantilimon

Lichaj, Worral, Figueiredo, Fox?

Osborn Geddy Colback and Lolly.

Vellios. Brereton.

One of the few guess the teams on Evening Post. Nathan@wigger31 gets the credit for that one.

SA.

Bridcutt will be back and fit?

...put Bridcutt alongside Colback...with Geddy more advanced as part of a midfield 3?

I guess a lot depends on the fitness of the incomings. Some of which have been fringe players for their clubs?

SA.

------------------------------Pants------------------------------

Lichaj---------------Worrall------Tobias------------Fox

--------------------Bridcutt---------Colback----------------

Cash------------------------Dowell-------------------Lolley

-------------------------------Murphy-------------------------

Subs: Smith, Mance, Tomlin, Gueddy, Obsorn, Vellios, Brereton