ground re-development finally underway... | Page 2 | Vital Football

ground re-development finally underway...

I once used a toilet on a deserted island in Australia which consisted of a wooden bench with a hole in it perched over a 15' cave dug out of the ground below it. Maybe they could do that in the temporary stands to stop people needing to use the toilets at half-time. It can then be spread on the pitch on Monday morning.

It's called a long-drop - for a very good reason! They usually don't smell too healthy either ???

With DC meeting the Chinese I fully expected to see pictures of a bigger stand with a pagoda style roof ??. Either thatt or DC & NC have been to college and got their scaffolding qualifications.

I once used a toilet on a deserted island in Australia which consisted of a wooden bench with a hole in it perched over a 15' cave dug out of the ground below it. Maybe they could do that in the temporary stands to stop people needing to use the toilets at half-time. It can then be spread on the pitch on Monday morning.
You sure that wasn't Millmoor, Saltergate, or Bootham Crescent?

Lindum have been asked for spare blocks, B & Q for offcut wood, Ultimate for leftover steel from their demolition works, the plea is going out to electricians for spare wire or fittings and fans for any unwanted paint. Sadly, it will probably still look better than the Selenity.
That's a bit harsh. The bloke who built the Selenity worked very hard on it.

Didn’t you ever use the toilets on the west bank?

Even when scuba diving I have never held my breath for so long as when I once used those toilets.
They only had an annual clean, and for six days a week were used by every Tom cat in the neighbourhood. You had to be desperate, to stand in the lake of pee to use them. Taking a breath, could cause lung damage.

Last edited:

Look if it`s good enough for Vince and his mates at FGR then it`s good enough for me.....................and they are in profit every financial year?

Slightly worried where we are going to put the reed beds for treating the effluent,and the solids are another question(septic tank option a possibility.)
maybe a cheap 2nd hand one going at Bury in the fire sale?
Solar panels on top of the new temp stand or integrated into the new Stacey West,experts please inform us.(long term strategic thinking, LCFC selling excess electric back into the grid)

With DC meeting the Chinese I fully expected to see pictures of a bigger stand with a pagoda style roof ??. Either thatt or DC & NC have been to college and got their scaffolding qualifications.
Scaffold qualification requires the following tools =adjustable wrench spanner,hammer,spirit level.plus tape measure and scaffold spanner.

Don`t think DC and NC have the time but local scaffolders who are IMPS fans will point Liam and the lads in the right direction at get us that temp stand before August.

Lego available here , could build a new Stand in a couple of hours, would house a couple of hundred mini people, paying mini prices. Remember the pain of walking on the stuff !

Heaven forbid anyone would accuse those new mini fans of being plastic ?

Grimsby would be very interested in such a modern upgrade to Blunder Park.

That sounds the tolets when we played Kettering away in the cup , and no lights to make matters worse .

That sounds the tolets when we played Kettering away in the cup , and no lights to make matters worse .

And i recall the facilities at Sutton Utd (first time) with a rusty sheet of corrugated iron to stand behind to the rear of the away grass bank

Scaffold qualification requires the following tools =adjustable wrench spanner,hammer,spirit level.plus tape measure and scaffold spanner.

Don`t think DC and NC have the time but local scaffolders who are IMPS fans will point Liam and the lads in the right direction at get us that temp stand before August.

Chinese builders tend to use Bamboo for scaffolding. (biodegradable).