Great at the Back, No Potency up Top | Page 2 | Vital Football

Great at the Back, No Potency up Top

For an official who blew against us in the first minutes of the game for what appeared to be no more than hands touching, rather than pushing, he appeared to let a helluva lot of diving and feigning injury go unchecked. I was rather surprised to see him yellow card one of their players for time wasting. I was amazed to not see their defender not get a red for his play acting.

We’ve got a lot “better” this season in the darks arts both in and off of the pitch with our bench giving the officials and opposing bench the hair drier treatment for 90 minutes. However, I think it’s fair to say that Wimbledon have out cheated and bullied us twice this season and gone away with 6 ugly points with pretty much every decision going their way mainly through their players conning the referee, being better at the dark arts than us and the bench outshoutng even Evans and Raynor. How Piggott didn’t get at least a booking, I’ll never know - repeated fouling and elbowing coupled with number of clear dives and play acting. There was a hugely clear handball from the shaggy hair haired diving full back for the second goal about 5 yards from the ref and two yards in front now of the linesman on the GR side - the linesman got dogs abuse afterwards for it and the fact that he saw the need to turn around to the GRS and slap his chest afterwards, I think speaks volumes. There was also a clear red card for a hugely late studs up tackle on fuller. Also, Max was clearly elbowed for hind injury - questionable whether it was deliberate or not, but it was in the box so should’ve been a penalty. Surprised we didn’t make more of that. We scored from the corner anyway, however it cost us our captain and key defender for the last 10 minutes and possibly the match. There was also a decent shout for a penalty from Hanlon. It would’ve been slightly soft, but given the decisions that went against us, it was definitely a 50/50 shout that should have gone our way to even things up.

As I say, we’ve come on leaps and bounds in terms of game management and cheating, but Wimbledon are the one team to outdo us in that front this season, so we’ll have to up the stakes against them next season.

We'd be fucked without him - are his 16 goals imaginary?

Yes his 16 goals are imaginary.

Hanlan only has 4 league goals this season. Or seven if you include the cups.
Akinde has only 6 league goals this season. Or nine in total if you include the cups. Only one of the goal has been for us.

Our top scorer is Jakubiak with 6 league goals.

Who pray tell do you think is anywhere near 16 goals this season??