Gran Canaria Friendlies | Vital Football

Gran Canaria Friendlies

wee_od_88

Vital Football Hero
Team to play PSV this lunchtime:

Zaluska; Fisher, Ambrose, van Dijk, Izaguirre; Brown, Bitton; McGregor, Guidetti, Henderson; Scepovic

Subs: Fasan, O’Connell, Waters, Thomson, Lindsay, Nesbitt, McMullan, Griffiths, Tonev

A strong starting 11 with Guidetti seemingly going to play behind Scepovic up front with McGregor and Guidetti providing the width.

Very youthful bench which is good to see! Hopefully they will all get a chance to play!

I would imagine those who aren't playing or on the bench will get a game on Tuesday.

Gordon/Fasan
Lustig - Denayer - O'Connell - Waters
Kayal - Twardzik
Commons - Johansen - Wakaso
Griffiths

That would leave only Matthews and Rogic who didn't feature at some point but they could be on the bench for the second game. Not sure if Rogic is even fit enough to return to playing yet, I know he's been back in training and the manager wants to give him plenty of opportunity to prove himself but wants to get him 100% fit first.
Whether Kayal would play from the start or not I'm not sure. I'd like to see Twardzik get a chance in CM as Deila has said himself that it is his best position.

Knowing Deila, he may use a lot of the same players as he has started today, I would use the games as a chance to get everyone a chance to play and prove themselves! There are a number of players who are returning from injury, just simply haven't played much or are the younger players looking to make an impact....they NEED to play!

It's been a choppy game. We had good pressure and not enough good chances. They took their one chance. Some young players got a run out, like Nesbit. Tonev played all right.

I didn't actually get to see the game. My internet connection has been really poor recently. Saw Brown go off early and was a bit worried but I read that it was a cut to the head that forced him off, first I heard it was knock to his foot which was worrying. A cut to his head shouldn't keep him out too long.

It's good for some of the younger guys to get a chance. PSV are a good team and although they will have been playing a mixed team as well, 1-0 is not a bad result, especially after losing our influential captain so early on.
Keeping track on Twitter, the worrying thing was probably how few chances we were able to create. Johansen has become a big part of our attack now though so not having him may have made a big difference.

Guidetti has not been getting it done and had dead leg in the game. I hope his past health issues aren't creeping back.

Guidetti had a dead leg, nothing more welch.

Disappointing result against Sparta Prague. Griffiths scored after less than a minute from a Kayal pass but we then lost 3 goals before half-time. I read the first was a superb strike which had a bit of help from the wind so can't worry too much about that, the second was apparently a long ball which wasn't dealt with and they capatalised on it and the third was a penalty which was apparently harshly given against Denayer for handball!

Joe Thomson grabbed a goal back in the 2nd half but we couldn't find an equalizer.

The team was:
Zaluska; Fisher, Denayer, O’Connell, Waters; Kayal, Lindsay; Tonev, Henderson, McGregor; Griffiths

subs: Fasan, Ambrose, Izaguirre, Nesbitt, McMullan, Scepovic, Thomson, Bitton

Bitton and Ambrose came on at HT for Denayer and Kayal. Tonev was then replaced by McMullan shortly after the restart. 20mins into the 2nd half and Scepovic and Thomson came on for Griffiths and Henderson.

We signed MacKay-Steven, but not until summer. We should have grabbed him now. And we better sign someone else in this window.

Latest Celtic News